The BBC urinates all over Terry Pratchett's grave

Well, up until half an hour ago I was having a good day when a friend sent me over a cast list for the upcoming BBC Watch based series.
I would advise you now to ensure you are not holding small children, sharp objects or hot drinks. All risk launching:

Just WTF!!! They took the entire canon of 40 books and pissed all over them in the name of woke.
Lady Cybil, the lady of large stature approaching in her early middle age and a scion of one of Ankh Morporks oldest families?
Well, she's an athletic looking young black woman now. Throat Dibbler? An attractive woman.
I need a drink, possibly lots of it.

Well, up until half an hour ago I was having a good day when a friend sent me over a cast list for the upcoming BBC Watch based series.
I would advise you now to ensure you are not holding small children, sharp objects or hot drinks. All risk launching:

Just WTF!!! They took the entire canon of 40 books and pissed all over them in the name of woke.
Lady Cybil, the lady of large stature approaching in her early middle age and a scion of one of Ankh Morporks oldest families?
Well, she's an athletic looking young black woman now. Throat Dibbler? An attractive woman.
Glad I don't have a tellie so have no chance of seeing this travesty.

By the time they have costumes and make up on will you notice? The trouble with interpretations is just that. Dramatisations seldom reflect what the reader imagined from the book. Whose fantasy is it anyway? (Asides from twisted woke BBC fantasies)

I've only recently started reading Sir Terry Pratchetts books.
Honestly, Dawn French would be a better Lady Sybil!

This one looks like Me-Me-Meghan. I would finger her until my skin fell off

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Wtf is BBC America?

Utter bollocks and I will stick my fingers in my ears and go LALALA if I hear anyone mention it.

Standby for snowflake outrage when someone points out that Carcer, a serial murderer and psychopath who goes around stabbing people, is played by a young black man :)

Rob Wilkins, trustee of the Terry Pratchett estate, holds an Executive Producer role,

Lets lynch the ******.

Wtf is BBC America?

Utter bollocks and I will stick my fingers in my ears and go LALALA if I hear anyone mention it.
BBC Programs interspersed with a ton of obnoxious spam adverts

no f in beer

Old-Salt
My smack is well and truely gobbed

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Adverts which generate revenue presumably?

Hmm...
Correcto Mundo, whether BBC U.S.A pays a single fee for the rights or whether the Beeb also makes coin off the ads I do not know.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Directors have been playing fast and loose with operas, Shakespeare plays etc for decades. I expect it'll be quietly forgotten by this time next year.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As a genuine follower of all things of a Prachettian nature, I must say that this blatant display of ism has wounded me to the core. The main characters are all men, they are referred to as "He or Him" in the books. This is just a sop to the luvvies who want to see more minorities in work, although I cannot recall a time when women were in the minority.

Who's playing the Troll and the Igor?
What about the female dwarf

I bet the Librarian is a one legged, lesbian, hunchback with a stammer and mummy issues.

As a genuine follower of all things of a Prachettian nature, I must say that this blatant display of ism has wounded me to the core. The main characters are all men, they are referred to as "He or Him" in the books. This is just a sop to the luvvies who want to see more minorities in work, although I cannot recall a time when women were in the minority.
It is also an Insult to The Blessed Sir Terry who rips the p1ss out of these sort of idiots all the time in his books.

Blogg

LE
The Heresy starts with BBC America and proceeds rapidly downhill from there.

Anna Chancellor as Vetinari.

As in Lord Havelock Vetinari, Patrician of Ankh- Morpoek.

Perhaps his family motto should have been considered

The Heresy starts with BBC America and proceeds rapidly downhill from there.

Anna Chancellor as Vetinari.

As in Lord Havelock Vetinari, Patrician of Ankh- Morpoek.

Perhaps his family motto should have been considered
Lets just hope it is a flop that makes a huge loss.

Latest Threads