Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

NSP

LE
Not the BBC but the sort of thing they would do/approve of:-

Anyone familiar with Clancy's "Jack Ryan" universe will know that John Clark is not black (and has been established as a white European-ethnicity American in several screen outings, too) and that Robert Ritter is somewhat older than Billy Bloody Elliot!

The rest of the character names, being unrecognisable from those I recall featuring in the original novel, would suggest that the plot has gone in the bin and been heavily re-written into an altogether different story.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

War Hero

And she sticks the boot in - in a most delightful way
I want her to tie me to a bed and then just talk to me in the phonetic code.

About 7 minutes would do.

Truxx

LE
I want her to tie me to a bed and then just talk to me in the phonetic code.

About 7 minutes would do.
While I was watching that it struck me that the BBC would never allow such an accent, completely normal though it was.

It would have to be a regional accent because otherwise it would tarnish their "right on" credentials.

I was just listening to R4 Today and Matt Hancock was being harassed by a presenter over testing as he was trying to make a comparison with Europe. The presenter, (Justin summat) interrupted to say "Never mind about Europe" to which Hancock responded "Words not heard on this programme for many years" Long pause....

Truxx

LE
I was just listening to R4 Today and Matt Hancock was being harassed by a presenter over testing as he was trying to make a comparison with Europe. The presenter, (Justin summat) interrupted to say "Never mind about Europe" to which Hancock responded "Words not heard on this programme for many years" Long pause....
Thank you. That made me chuckle

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
In a country that’s 80% white?
Tell that to the BBC! Don't forget, the BBC cater for inner London only, the remainder of the country are treated as foreign news!

tgo

War Hero
All this shite started with the likes of Ben Elton and 'alternative comedy' on C4 in the mid 80's

There's a really simple benchmark they could use for comedy. Look at the sketch, insert a different colour and then say it, if it's still acceptable, go for it, otherwise bin it.

Hardly rocket science.

Example: 'We don't really want to kill blacks - we do' yea, that would go down well wouldn't it.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
All this shite started with the likes of Ben Elton and 'alternative comedy' on C4 in the mid 80's

There's a really simple benchmark they could use for comedy. Look at the sketch, insert a different colour and then say it, if it's still acceptable, go for it, otherwise bin it.

Hardly rocket science.

Example: 'We don't really want to kill blacks - we do' yea, that would go down well wouldn't it.
SWMBO calls it the 180 Rule.

Turn a situation through 180 degrees. If it becomes unfair, then it was already unfair.

Can someone tell me why? I’ve nothing against the lady but why did Sue Barker and the others have to go?
Why?
Isn't it obvious? The BBC and mainstream media fecking hate you for being white, voting for Brexit, voting for Boris and voting for Trump.
I'm entirely convinced that this is rubbing our noses in and we must change.
There will be many more 'replacements' of white hosts on TV favourites.

Why?
Isn't it obvious? The BBC and mainstream media fecking hate you for being white, voting for Brexit, voting for Boris and voting for Trump.
I'm entirely convinced that this is rubbing our noses in and we must change.
There will be many more 'replacements' of white hosts on TV favourites.

.... less drivel to watch on the Beeb and the slow death continues.

Latest Threads