The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
In all the excitement of the last few days, (Cakegate, Rishi's cash splash, Cakegate, massacre of hispanics in Texas, Cakegate, oh and is that thing in Ukraine still going on?) the Beeb has understandably been unable to fit in a report on this:

Who'dathunkit?

DarkBrig

War Hero
Right, BBC have now lost it (and me!)
They brought the woke teenage BBC3 back to terrestrial and now they have announced they are putting BBC 4 (and CBBC) on line, (iplayer) and not terrestrial telly.

They are also doing the same to Radio4Extra. That will only be available online on BBC Sounds.

What the F are they doing other than alienating the core middle to elderly aged audience?

BBC = Bastards! Bastards! C^×ts!
It's another bluff, lots of publicity followed it's by "if only the nasty tories hadn't been against us" bollocks. Does no one remember the 6 music pantomime

Last edited:
No evidence Boris Johnson was serial Covid rule-breaker, Met Police chief says

Look FFS. Random anonymous people have told random news outlets (possibly at the behest of Dom Cummings) that Johnson was holding parties all throughout lockdown and that this somehow killed lots of peoples relatives.

People (Sue Gray and the Met) have looked at the evidence and decided that Johnson is not guilty of serial rule-breaking and criminality. That's just not good enough. He was entirely responsible for Brexit. And Covid. And the cost of Living Crisis. And probably made Vlad invade Ukraine because Russians, innit.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Why won't you people see it through the correct optics? Laura wanted a scalp. Everything is his fault because he went to Eton!
The BBC worships celebrity and success and those kinds of people are given licence to believe whatever they want is true and its just a matter of fitting the evidence to whatever is the problem. The BBC's role is to cheerlead or try and agitate up the mob.

1. Boris is guilty as sin... The plod/Sue Gray failed in their duty and must be investigated.
2. Brexit is racist... The people were lied too and something must be investigated.
3. Covid did not come out of a lab... The people will believe any old junk science.
4. Climate Change is an emergency... Despite greenhouse gases been largely water vapour and CO2 makes things grow better and the planet warms up and cools down by cycle and we are in a warming cycle.
5. Cost of Living its just evil tories.. Despite the whole world is affected and the one real attack line that growth is the way out of this mess and you grow by having the cheapest energy conflicts with point four so isn't mentioned.
6. Russia and Boris are the same.. All populism is bad, except the ukrainian variety who are fabulous.

Scalps is all journalists want and that's their currency.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
The BBC worships celebrity and success and those kinds of people are given licence to believe whatever they want is true and its just a matter of fitting the evidence to whatever is the problem. The BBC's role is to cheerlead or try and agitate up the mob.

1. Boris is guilty as sin... The plod/Sue Gray failed in their duty and must be investigated.
2. Brexit is racist... The people were lied too and something must be investigated.
3. Covid did not come out of a lab... The people will believe any old junk science.
4. Climate Change is an emergency... Despite greenhouse gases been largely water vapour and CO2 makes things grow better and the planet warms up and cools down by cycle and we are in a warming cycle.
5. Cost of Living its just evil tories.. Despite the whole world is affected and the one real attack line that growth is the way out of this mess and you grow by having the cheapest energy conflicts with point four so isn't mentioned.
6. Russia and Boris are the same.. All populism is bad, except the ukrainian variety who are fabulous.

Scalps is all journalists want and that's their currency.
Still here then Vicar?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
In all the excitement of the last few days, (Cakegate, Rishi's cash splash, Cakegate, massacre of hispanics in Texas, Cakegate, oh and is that thing in Ukraine still going on?) the Beeb has understandably been unable to fit in a report on this:

Who'dathunkit?
The BBC would get rather a shock if forced to employ more working-class people.

Their viewpoints might class somewhat...

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Is that technically possible or even legal?
See my note above about signing into BBC sounds with the same email linked to my cancelled TV licence....

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s just odd that she and her brother had the same parents, the same upbringing and yet can be so diametrically opposed politically.
Real life, it is a mystery.

One of the great advantages of "diversity", and all the other buzz thoughts is that it enables an employer to pick the candidate they like, rather than the best applicant. Remember that the staff of the BBC do not have the advantage of a military background and so are unlikely to have rubbed shoulders (lived and worked) with people from other demographics.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
One of the great advantages of "diversity", and all the other buzz thoughts is that it enables an employer to pick the candidate they like, rather than the best applicant. Remember that the staff of the BBC do not have the advantage of a military background and so are unlikely to have rubbed shoulders (lived and worked) with people from other demographics.
But, as has been said many times, we're not seeing diversity... unless diversity is London-centric and black.

Their viewpoints might class somewhat...
The BBC want articulate and diverse people, but also people who hold the acceptable values and that does narrow the field down and what passes for the common man/woman to them is usually embodied in a international studies student, a primary school teacher, civil servant or nurse and likely as not, active in political campaigning, which to be clear is very much a niche group of people.

When the BBC really want to go after somebody they will on occasion vox the real people, but only where the issue is in there view so clear and even then will rig it a little, as we saw during the george floyd kerfuffle where they were camped our in more ethnic areas trying to drum up support for the cause.

I saw this morning a BBC news headline about woman from Norfolk whose sister was murdered the day of the "Partygate" that Johnson was fined for attending (that would be the unplanned birthday cake infringement and subsequent FPN )
" We were in lock down , I couldn't visit my sister , it could have stopped her being murdered (or something very similar , but I can't actually find the article again ....anyhoo)

maybe if you had visited your sister that day , you could have shared the same fate

then the usual Boris should resign sh1t

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I saw this morning a BBC news headline about woman from Norfolk whose sister was murdered the day of the "Partygate" that Johnson was fined for attending (that would be the unplanned birthday cake infringement and subsequent FPN )
" We were in lock down , I couldn't visit my sister , it could have stopped her being murdered (or something very similar , but I can't actually find the article again ....anyhoo)

maybe if you had visited your sister that day , you could have shared the same fate

then the usual Boris should resign sh1t
I cut my finger while slicing an onion that day. It really stung.

It wouldn’t have happened if Boris hadn’t been partying.

Truxx

LE

Who'dathunkit?
I wonder if she is aware of this thread.

More particularly, how do I make her aware I wonder?

To me and probably others

BBC are still smarting over the Sue Grey report being the total waste of time and money , and the result not being what they expected/demamded