The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Can we have a FFS emoji?
This works

1653305060195.png

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I saw the report on BBC Breakfast; it was, as to be expected, skewed. Of course, childbirth can be traumatic - but this was simply another "racist" bandwagon jumped upon by the BBC. Not helped by the "noddies" of the ethnic interviewer, with the concerned frown and artistic tilting of her head.......she looked like an actress rather than a journalist.
A bit of minor Google-fu and Birthrights UK, the charity which conducted the inquiry has 9 staff, all of whom are women and 4 of whom are BAME. The Chief Executive is the Chair of "Tower Hamlets Together" and a former councillor there, who used to work for a Labour MP. Care to guess what the political standpoint of this organisation is? Was there any mention of the origin of the Inquiry on BBC Breakfast?

A bit of minor Google-fu and Birthrights UK, the charity which conducted the inquiry has 9 staff, all of whom are women and 4 of whom are BAME. The Chief Executive is the Chair of "Tower Hamlets Together" and a former councillor there, who used to work for a Labour MP. Care to guess what the political standpoint of this organisation is? Was there any mention of the origin of the Inquiry on BBC Breakfast?
To borrow from Wee Krankie, I don't recall that.....

:)

I saw the report on BBC Breakfast; it was, as to be expected, skewed. Of course, childbirth can be traumatic - but this was simply another "racist" bandwagon jumped upon by the BBC. Not helped by the "noddies" of the ethnic interviewer, with the concerned frown and artistic tilting of her head.......she looked like an actress rather than a journalist.
I call these kinds of reports an invitation without biscuits i.e. 'a negative reinforcement' demanding somebody somewhere must pay and climate change or saint greta is of this kind. The alternative is the interview with biscuits i.e. 'a positive reinforcement' for those willing to join the circus and is something marvelous and evidence that the propaganda/progressive movement is moving forwards towards utopia (by simply excluding different opinion and calling out different views as unacceptable).

P.S.
Birthright is just another internationalist front and its job is to find things to attack and present examples of tragedy to shield itself from criticism.

TractorStats

Old-Salt
During the pandemic I routinely began to Google everybody who presented themselves as a 'student nurse' or 'expert doctor' on Sky. I routinely found that 'overworked student nurses' were often union activists on some kind of special training scheme or already worked in NHS management. The 'expert doctor' was typically not a medical doctor but somebody with a PhD in anthropology so technically a 'Dr' but the fact they were not a medical doctor was never mentioned. They all had an agenda though.

I call these kinds of reports an invitation without biscuits i.e. 'a negative reinforcement' demanding somebody somewhere must pay and climate change or saint greta is of this kind. The alternative is the interview with biscuits i.e. 'a positive reinforcement' for those willing to join the circus and is something marvelous and evidence that the propaganda/progressive movement is moving forwards towards utopia (by simply excluding different opinion and calling out different views as unacceptable).

P.S.
Birthright is just another internationalist front and its job is to find things to attack and present examples of tragedy to shield itself from criticism.

Go away.

During the pandemic I routinely began to Google everybody who presented themselves as a 'student nurse' or 'expert doctor' on Sky. I routinely found that 'overworked student nurses' were often union activists on some kind of special training scheme or already worked in NHS management. The 'expert doctor' was typically not a medical doctor but somebody with a PhD in anthropology so technically a 'Dr' but the fact they were not a medical doctor was never mentioned. They all had an agenda though.

flat,550x550,075,f.u6.jpg

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
WTF?

I'm glad to see that racism is fife because this bint assumes other's actions and motives

This says more about her than the Midwifery staff

View attachment 664971
I think that her experience would need to be compared to experience of similar people with different ethnic backgrounds to decide if skin colour is relevant or not. How can she know how other people are treated? How does she know whether the person who called her ‘princess’ uses that as a term of endearment for every one.

I have heard similar complaints made by mothers of many backgrounds. Sometimes they complain that the treatment they receive is affected by being working class / middle class/ posh etc.

I suppose if you are not getting the service you want it’s natural to assume that it’s because somebody is against you especially if you have previous experience of prejudice or are expecting it.

I think that her experience would need to be compared to experience of similar people with different ethnic backgrounds to decide if skin colour is relevant or not. How can she know how other people are treated? How does she know whether the person who called her ‘princess’ uses that as a term of endearment for every one.

I have heard similar complaints made by mothers of many backgrounds. Sometimes they complain that the treatment they receive is affected by being working class / middle class/ posh etc.

I suppose if you are not getting the service you want it’s natural to assume that it’s because somebody is against you especially if you have previous experience of prejudice or are expecting it.

It's interesting that all these media pieces explain that the 'victim' believes that is' because of their skin colour/race/etc.

I struggle to understand how the media can openly allow the defamation of the staff on that Ward or Hospital based on what they believe without any evidence whatsoever. Did she put in a complaint there an then? Did she challenge the Ward sister or the Hospital matron?

I didn't see anything in that piece, or others, whereby the Hospital in question had the chance to respond, or at least were asked about the incident

Interestingly, my Midwife spouse always explain who are the most needy or precious in pre-natal or anti-natal care, the well-heeled Yummy Mummies, who have a fair few quid but just quite push to the full Portland Hospital experience, and the middle-class Indian mothers, usually intellectuals or professionals.

We have one of these needy Indian families in out town, whom my wife cared for, and the wife will drag me across the street to avoid them, as now they're still a nightmare to converse with, and expect advice even though the kid's at Pre-school FFS

But, but, but isn't the NHS staffed by the BAME collective and immigrants.
Strength through diversity etc.

How can it be wacist if that is the case?

The same way the BBC can portray on a daily basis. Society is Grrrl Tories... Reliant on foodbanks to feed their children, while at the same time trumpeting, obesity in children is the greatest UK health risk.

edit spelling and diction
edited again, on advice for clarity

Last edited:
I think in some cases of disingenuous interview techniques, by any of the media. I would appreciate some politicians saying "STFU", too the interviewers.

Some people have walked out of interviews when not allowed to answer, rare though ... Ex-MP walks out of BBC Breakfast interview about false child abuse claims

snip "A former MP who was wrongly accused in the fake Westminster abuse scandal has walked out an BBC interview, saying he was not being allowed to speak.
Harvey Proctor was being interviewed by Naga Munchetty when he removed her earpiece and walked offset."

WTF?

I'm glad to see that racism is fife because this bint assumes other's actions and motives

This says more about her than the Midwifery staff

View attachment 664971
We were out with the Grandkids yesterday and stopped for an ice cream. The very nice (white) chap handed over a vanilla cone to our (white) Grandaughter with the words “there you go Princess”.
I complained immediately, but only because he never said the same to me when handing over my ice cream! :grin:
Joking aside, what a world we now live in.

We were out with the Grandkids yesterday and stopped for an ice cream. The very nice (white) chap handed over a vanilla cone to our (white) Grandaughter with the words “there you go Princess”.
I complained immediately, but only because he never said the same to me when handing over my ice cream! :grin:
Joking aside, what a world we now live in.

My wife has an annoying habit of calling everyone Lovely in conversation

I often remind her that the majority are anything but, and that she should cease it immediately

I'm not sure anyone has complained though.

Latest Threads