The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
If he actually resigns I’ll eat my own head.

Great, that’s jinxed it.
He’ll have to go. If he doesn’t every time he stands up in Parliament Boris’ opening remark will always be ‘glad to see you’re still here’.

Can we expect the closing of PNG refugee illegal immigrant sites and open door policy to same?
If so, expecting a maritime invasion on the scale of D-Day and our left and MSM conflating the Rwanda plan with this, claiming that it doesn’t work as the Aussies have binned their version.
Rudd reversed the policy started by John Howard when the Australian Labor party last won power over a decade ago. It was evil, imoral etc, etc. Within a few months loads of people in leaky boats were arriving on Oz's shores from Indonesia. Labor quickly had to bring the policy back in. They make it quite clear that even if you have a genuine claim for asylum, if you arrive on Australia's shores in a small boat you will be rejected.

I can't see them changing the policy, but who knows with the wokists?

There’s a more sinister element to this advert issue than just the moral question of whether 97% of the population should suddenly be so thoroughly disenfranchised in their own living rooms, and that is the real reason ad agencies are doing it.

The advertising industry is one of the most ruthless out there. There isn’t an altruistic bone in their combined bodies, so why would they have decided, en-masse, to at best ignore, and at worst, alienate 97% of the UK’s population? It certainly isn’t to sell more of their goods to the other 3%, that is obviously economic suicide, not something that the advertising industry is known for. In fact, its very lifeblood is appealing to everyone, all the time.

The reason is that they are surrendering to the implied threats of violence and social media shaming that have been espoused by BLM and its hangers-on. Undeniably, the current crop of ads have only appeared since George Floyd’s death (with a roughly six month delay, presumably due to production times) and the worldwide violence and destruction that followed it.

Headlines such as this….

…. plus the very high profile riots and burning cities have scared the advertisers into playing it safe, just in case.

They might think that it’s better to keep BLM onside, but as they are now starting to find out, appeasement only ever ends badly.
The advertising industry recruit from exactly the same pool of people who go into journalism, publishing and the art world and HR has successfully screened out almost anyone who treats a job as just a job and the objective once to deliver what the public want, is now secondary to the political.

Everything is now 'political' and the BBC is essentially a mouth piece for fascism/communism and by that, I mean they operate a conveyor belt of activist stories and pretty much everything is now filtered by the 'message'.

Last edited:
Seems the BBC's left leaning political bias is not confined to this country. They seem to be overjoyed that Australia has voted in a Labour government. They have led with it in all their news bulletins today. At least ITV, in their late news bulletin, led with Ukraine. Their happiness is not really surprising because the new Aussie PM looks to be a fundamental wokist.
Australia is a new front in the 'message' and that always excites the BBC... Climate change has cannily adopted every bad weather, drought or flood event and so the Labor Party is the party of prosperity and an end to bad weather, at least for now.

He’ll have to go. If he doesn’t every time he stands up in Parliament Boris’ opening remark will always be ‘glad to see you’re still here’.
During the Covid pandemic the public favoured incumbents, with only Trump falling short and even then he nearly won and a few scared older people in the suburbs and the fringe independents who believe in C02 is causing Climate Change all switched to the DNC from independent to just get Biden over the line.

Post Covid and everywhere is drowning in debt, low growth and inflation(stagflation) so the left in any country, not in power are back in the game and they can always outbid their conservative rivals and why I've been arguing the Tories are toast for about 18 months.

Boris can probably salvage something with a shift to the right. But if he plays on the centre ground he loses his difference to the opposition and the BBC and wider media are all now promoting exactly the right messages to move people towards hope(labour and more borrowing).

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Maybe it's just me, but one thing that really does irritate is the continual breaking down of formality. R4 Today this morning Jeremy Bowen finishes his report from Ukraine,and Amol Rajan in the studio responds with "Thanks Jerry, stay safe mate" (or words close to that). I want the journalists to inform me, that's their job. Their personal interactions etc are irrelevant to my understanding of what's going on. This is the flagship news broadcast programme for the BBC.

The same goes for the chatty news style of BBC Breakfast which is often more infotainment than news. I really don't care about what Carol the weather frump thinks about anything other than the weather, nor am I enamoured of the forced banter between presenters (although it is unintentionally amusing when it becomes blatantly obvious that everyone hates Naga Munchetty and the repartee is through gritted teeth). As for the inclusion of a musical backing soundtrack to tell the viewer how to feel about a particular news item... words fail me.

Not BBC but Sky TV's soon to be released television adaption of The Midwich Cuckoos, a novel by John Wyndham. The story is about the new born children of the village of Midwich. All of the children (the 'cuckoos') look alike despite their parentage. They’re aliens. They’re described as having blonde hair and golden eyes.

Guess what...

The Midwich Cuckoos.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not BBC but Sky TV's soon to be released television adaption of The Midwich Cuckoos, a novel by John Wyndham. The story is about the new born children of the village of Midwich. All of the children (the 'cuckoos') look alike despite their parentage. They’re aliens. They’re described as having blonde hair and golden eyes.

Guess what...

View attachment 664940
I noticed that, so did the Mrs. I guess that you aren't allowed to colour the hair of POC these days as it shows up as "white privilege", despite the fact that a fair amount of POC seem to straighten (instead of the natural Afro) their hair these day in a manner of "cultural appropriation" and that's before they start with the crazy colouring of said hair.

During the Covid pandemic the public favoured incumbents, with only Trump falling short and even then he nearly won and a few scared older people in the suburbs and the fringe independents who believe in C02 is causing Climate Change all switched to the DNC from independent to just get Biden over the line.

Post Covid and everywhere is drowning in debt, low growth and inflation(stagflation) so the left in any country, not in power are back in the game and they can always outbid their conservative rivals and why I've been arguing the Tories are toast for about 18 months.

Boris can probably salvage something with a shift to the right. But if he plays on the centre ground he loses his difference to the opposition and the BBC and wider media are all now promoting exactly the right messages to move people towards hope(labour and more borrowing).

Go away.

Guess what...

View attachment 664940
Just grotesque.

Guess what...

View attachment 664940
A bunch of dangerous parasites turn up & start taking over from the indigenous populace.

I think Sky have it about right to be honest. :cool:

Dread

LE

Guess what...

View attachment 664940

Someone's got a broken brain or an undeclared membership of Combat18 and Stormfront...

...casting a load of black kids as evil invading aliens? It's something that the BNP would write.

Edit: Bah! Beaten to it by J.A.S.Backpack

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
It's thought that a family that lived near Wyndham provided him with the inspiration for the original story...

View attachment 664952
Ah, the 70s... It's remarkable that the PM's current barnet could be considered an improvement over ANYTHING, but the photo above gives the lie to that...

It's thought that a family that lived near Wyndham provided him with the inspiration for the original story...

View attachment 664952
Worst muster parade ever! Looks like the Officers rank slacking behind the troops. At least 2nd Lt next to the Right Marker is putting the effort in but appears to be trying to salute and come to attention by moving the wrong leg..................Sarn't Maj get that rank off the square! If we are doing piccies of Boris this ones better.....

1653300946287.png

'I was repeatedly ignored' - report finds maternity racism

More random stuff that everything is raaaaaaaaacist. Until you drill into the article and understand that it uses terms like micro-aggression and that the law firm Leigh-Day are involved.
I saw the report on BBC Breakfast; it was, as to be expected, skewed. Of course, childbirth can be traumatic - but this was simply another "racist" bandwagon jumped upon by the BBC. Not helped by the "noddies" of the ethnic interviewer, with the concerned frown and artistic tilting of her head.......she looked like an actress rather than a journalist.

Guess what...

View attachment 664940
Can we have a FFS emoji?

Latest Threads