The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

And if he'd responded to a white man and described him as an angry ape? That would have been okay?

Was it about skin colour or attitude?
The ignorant will use any trigger for their pound of flesh, colour should not be a factor unless there is an imbalance of stupidity somewhere on the spectrum.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The ignorant will use any trigger for their pound of flesh, colour should not be a factor unless there is an imbalance of stupidity somewhere on the spectrum.

There you go, then, it wasn’t about skin colour.

Seems the BBC's left leaning political bias is not confined to this country. They seem to be overjoyed that Australia has voted in a Labour government. They have led with it in all their news bulletins today. At least ITV, in their late news bulletin, led with Ukraine. Their happiness is not really surprising because the new Aussie PM looks to be a fundamental wokist.

Don't they know Kipling?

"My son," said the Norman Baron, "I am dying, and you will be heir
To all the broad acres in England that William gave me for share
When he conquered the Saxon at Hastings, and a nice little handful it is.
But before you go over to rule it I want you to understand this:–

"The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite.
But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right.
When he stands like an ox in the furrow – with his sullen set eyes on your own,
And grumbles, 'This isn't fair dealing,' my son, leave the Saxon alone.

"You can horsewhip your Gascony archers, or torture your Picardy spears;
But don't try that game on the Saxon; you'll have the whole brood round your ears.
From the richest old Thane in the county to the poorest chained serf in the field,
They'll be at you and on you like hornets, and, if you are wise, you will yield.

"But first you must master their language, their dialect, proverbs and songs.
Don't trust any clerk to interpret when they come with the tale of their wrongs.
Let them know that you know what they're saying; let them feel that you know what to say.
Yes, even when you want to go hunting, hear 'em out if it takes you all day.

They'll drink every hour of the daylight and poach every hour of the dark.
It's the sport not the rabbits they're after (we've plenty of game in the park).
Don't hang them or cut off their fingers. That's wasteful as well as unkind,
For a hard-bitten, South-country poacher makes the best man-at-arms you can find.

"Appear with your wife and the children at their weddings and funerals and feasts.
Be polite but not friendly to Bishops; be good to all poor parish priests.
Say 'we,' 'us' and 'ours' when you're talking, instead of 'you fellows' and 'I.'
Don't ride over seeds; keep your temper; and never you tell 'em a lie!"
******* immigrants.

I'm a dull person who has read Carl Jung and understands that our collective unconscious has always been a target for the evil in our society. The Beeb like an advertiser flogging you something you don't want are increasingly propagandists and at least in the seventies T&A or Jiggly television for your funny bone was overt propaganda and I can stomach the overt, but will generally always attack the covert kind.
You cast a Jeff Bezos' Blue Horizon-shaped shadow.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
I don't have the first idea about Australian politics. I couldn't tell you who stands for what. I know their PM the last few years is called Scott Morrison but that's about it.

A wee browse on BBC this morning though, wetting themselves over an election result, I'm guessing...

Oz Labor = UK Labour
Oz Liberals = UK Tories
Seems the BBC's left leaning political bias is not confined to this country. They seem to be overjoyed that Australia has voted in a Labour government. They have led with it in all their news bulletins today. At least ITV, in their late news bulletin, led with Ukraine. Their happiness is not really surprising because the new Aussie PM looks to be a fundamental wokist.

I'm not the only one who's noticed then.

Quite embarrassing really isn't it? Our so-called impartial national broadcaster. As if anyone in the UK gives a stuff about who's going to be running their own country into the ground.

Just caught up with the Red Witch interviewing Nadhim Zahawi on partygate.

She insists that Sue Gray has integrity, yet says that SG has told people about a recent meeting with BoJo.

FFS - the report will be out soon.

ps - she missed a trick in not blaming Boris for the stand collapsing at the QBP rehearsal yesterday ... so very close to where Boris had a party. Grrrrr

I don't have the first idea about Australian politics. I couldn't tell you who stands for what. I know their PM the last few years is called Scott Morrison but that's about it.

A wee browse on BBC this morning though, wetting themselves over an election result, I'm guessing...

Oz Labor = UK Labour
Oz Liberals = UK Tories

I'm not the only one who's noticed then.

Quite embarrassing really isn't it? Our so-called impartial national broadcaster. As if anyone in the UK gives a stuff about who's going to be running their own country into the ground.

I just tipped up to whine about the exact same thing, though part of me was thinking that it was my own political bias that was making me think this way.

The BBC are creaming themselves over it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just caught up with the Red Witch interviewing Nadhim Zahawi on partygate.

She insists that Sue Gray has integrity, yet says that SG has told people about a recent meeting with BoJo.

FFS - the report will be out soon.

ps - she missed a trick in not blaming Boris for the stand collapsing at the QBP rehearsal yesterday ... so very close to where Boris had a party. Grrrrr
I caught the end of that and every time she asked NZ a question she jumped in after about four or five words in response. It was a sham of an interview which if he didn't give a Boris grrrr answer she jumped in trying to prove one. NZ handled it well though.

Personally I would have gone down the STFU route, which is probably why I am not a government spokesman!

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
I just tipped up to whine about the exact same thing, though part of me was thinking that it was my own political bias that was making me think this way.

The BBC are creaming themselves over it.

No, it's really not.

I was watching an interview with an ex-BBC employee the other day, and he said when the Exit Poll came up in Nov 2019, there were actual BBC employees crying, so it makes perfect sense they'd be on the opposite side of the emotional spectrum when the left get a "victory", no matter how small or far away (yeah yeah I know, father Ted walt)

I caught the end of that and every time she asked NZ a question she jumped in after about four or five words in response. It was a sham of an interview which if he didn't give a Boris grrrr answer she jumped in trying to prove one. NZ handled it well though.

Personally I would have gone down the STFU route, which is probably why I am not a government spokesman!

I think in some cases of disingenuous interview techniques, by any of the media. I would appreciate some politicians saying "STFU", too the interviewers.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think in some cases of disingenuous interview techniques, by any of the media. I would appreciate some politicians saying "STFU", too the interviewers.
It’s easy to ask questions that you know are not going to get an answer and therefore make the interviewee look like they are trying to hide something.

“Minister, did the PM lie? Should he resign?”

That’s really just a statement about the interviewers own views.

Awol

LE
The BBC seem to stirring up things with this meeting between Boris and Sue Grey. Seems they can’t accept the fact that he is going to stay in office.
My take on it is that it is going to be bad for Boris, and the visit was a courtesy call to give him time to get prepared.

I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see any other reason.

Latest Threads