The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Steve Wright is pasta for the ear, I can't understand how anyone can get upset about him. His shtick is very effective, he makes himself so inoffensive he virtually disappears into the wallpaper. At worst he's mildly irritating, at best he's a comfort blanket for driving.

These are annual salaries from public funds. Most people will not realise those sums in a pension, even at the lower end of list.
I don't do wendy ball but what special talents does he bring to a sports show that any other person could?
Oh and that list is full of hideously white people.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for Lineker, the twot! His pay has reduced to £1.4 Million quid! How will he survive, unless he goes on the Walker's Crisp diet. :cool:
The BBC News website is reporting he has ‘agreed’ to a £400k pay cut. Very noble of him, but imho he’s still being overpaid by at least £1.3Million.

These are annual salaries from public funds. Most people will not realise those sums in a pension, even at the lower end of list.
I don't do wendy ball but what special talents does he bring to a sports show that any other person could?
Oh and that list is full of hideously white people.
Im really struggling with how you can justify giving someone a £1.0m pay rise on top of the £360k (or whatever it was) they are already earning. There is something profoundly wrong with this award

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Im really struggling with how you can justify giving someone a £1.0m pay rise on top of the £360k (or whatever it was) they are already earning. There is something profoundly wrong with this award
I think she is worth every penny she gets paid - if it leads to the BBC Board being sacked and the Corporation made to act within it's Charter.

I'd say a top salary for one of the Meeja types should be capped at £250k. I could live with that and I think they could justify it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I notice that there is a group not included in that list.
How do they pay for their hilarious left wing attack comedians.
Not BBC employees - they are employed by the Labour/Momentum Party ! ;)

Latest Threads