The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

That's not why it's so widespread and obvious. The is no such thing as an integrated, co-ordinated and homogenous advertising industry. It is a tapestry of many agencies, each of whom have thought, "We'd better get some black people and gays etc. in our ads so that we don't appear *ist/*phobic." The seemingly overwhelming result is due to all the components being aligned the same way at the same time for the same reason. TV shows are the same. That's why there a suddenly so many BAME/LGBTQ+ main characters such as senior cops, barristers and inhabitants of soap opera communities.

That explanation is probably a SOBO, but that's the way it is.
I think that the main reason is that the inhabitants of these media organs have all been influenced and educated the same way and honestly believe that that their target audience think like they do...which they don't. They get very mardy usually when they realise that they are actually a minority of crazies with a little temporary power.

"But man, proud man,​

Dress'd in a little brief authority,​

Most ignorant of what he's most assur'd—​

His glassy essence—like an angry ape​

Plays such fantastic tricks before high heaven​

As makes the angels weep"​

Forgive the bold, cut and paste.

Bit of a monkey puzzle, there. I'd have thought that being half or full gay covered all of those blerks who have sex with other blerks.

I'm clearly not modern enough.
Monkeypox is zoonotic, so include the simians amongst their conquests.

Obviously those that have the STD are 'victims'.

No, they won't. The righteous path is often a lonely one.

They'd sharp notice if people voted with their wallets, though.

A couple of days ago I was visiting my old home town, (a place within an hours commute of Media City, Salford) and bumped into a bloke I sold a house to a few years ago. He is a very "on-message" TV Producer, (he let me know that within 30 seconds of our first meeting.) After the usual pleasantries I foolishly asked what he was working on and he airily said "Oh just some documentary about the future of Russia - you wouldn't be interested" I nearly dropped the condescending prat. He knew nothing about me but knew everything about me.

True, but I bet the BBC notice when we switch off in droves.

IT's been happening for a while but as long as it gets the obligatory licence fee, it doesn't really care, unlike a commercial channel who would lose the advertising revenue & thus go broke, basically they are giving the average man in the street (well outside of the woker areas of Londonistan) the finger ... Get Woke, Go Broke: BBC Starting to Lose Core Older Audience
snip "The UK’s media watchdog Ofcom has warned the BBC that it is losing its core audience of older viewers, the report coming after the broadcaster has actively sought to attract younger viewers and prioritise diversity.
Ofcom’s report found that the proportion of over-55s that have a positive view of the BBC, which is funded through a mandatory television tax called the TV Licence, had fallen from 64 to 62 per cent in two years. The media regulator said in its annual report that “reach is decreasing among these loyal groups, and older audiences, in particular, are starting to show signs of decreasing satisfaction.”

And as it already has lost a lot of its younger viewers they should be worried but they just can/will not see it.

And, er, the reaction of the majority of the population to all this?

If it were racist, vehemently and violently racist, as portrayed, that minority would have been burned out of its abodes by now.

Remarkably, that doesn't appear to have happened. One can only wonder why that is...

I think its because we as a nation (excluding most if not all of the incomers) have always been like this, slow to anger, long suffering with a stiff upper lip but always capable of swift, decisive and ruthless action when pushed too far.
I think that limit is getting ever closer and when it goes methinks there will be violence and lots of it akin to a new civil war!!!

I think its because we as a nation (excluding most if not all of the incomers) have always been like this, slow to anger, long suffering with a stiff upper lip but always capable of swift, decisive and ruthless action when pushed too far.
I think that limit is getting ever closer and when it goes methinks there will be violence and lots of it akin to a new civil war!!!

You said it better than me.

Truxx

LE
IT's been happening for a while but as long as it gets the obligatory licence fee, it doesn't really care, unlike a commercial channel who would lose the advertising revenue & thus go broke, basically they are giving the average man in the street (well outside of the woker areas of Londonistan) the finger ... Get Woke, Go Broke: BBC Starting to Lose Core Older Audience
snip "The UK’s media watchdog Ofcom has warned the BBC that it is losing its core audience of older viewers, the report coming after the broadcaster has actively sought to attract younger viewers and prioritise diversity.
Ofcom’s report found that the proportion of over-55s that have a positive view of the BBC, which is funded through a mandatory television tax called the TV Licence, had fallen from 64 to 62 per cent in two years. The media regulator said in its annual report that “reach is decreasing among these loyal groups, and older audiences, in particular, are starting to show signs of decreasing satisfaction.”

And as it already has lost a lot of its younger viewers they should be worried but they just can/will not see it.
That neck end of 40% do not have a positive view of the Beeb should have heads rolling in the upper echelons.

The fact that it does not tells you everything you need to know

That many of the posts in this and similar threads have also said much the same, sadly these warning seems to go ignored or worse yet framed and dismissed as the words of white supremacists, bigots the various list of ist's and phob's etc, by those who should know better.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just wondering when the BBC is going to mention that Scotrail has been 'nationalised', or that this has resulted in the slashing of services, delays, and strikes?

Although this applies to other radio stations too. Having given my licence I don't watch TV News but my neighbour who does was completely unaware.

We only know because we're going to Scotland on Tuesday. By train!

Dreamseller

War Hero
Just wondering when the BBC is going to mention that Scotrail has been 'nationalised', or that this has resulted in the slashing of services, delays, and strikes?

Although this applies to other radio stations too. Having given my licence I don't watch TV News but my neighbour who does was completely unaware.

We only know because we're going to Scotland on Tuesday. By train!
From April;

Edit: From last year

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
From April
That passed me by. Did you find anything about 700 services being cancelled, incliding all trains leaving Glasgow after 8pm? Or strikes?

Seems like the SNP is as good at trains as it is at ferries, airports, education, rubbish clearance , accounting, fitting up political enemies, keeping lockdown rules ...

But no one is asking anyone to resign!!

Dreamseller

War Hero
That passed me by. Did you find anything about 700 services being cancelled, incliding all trains leaving Glasgow after 8pm? Or strikes?

Seems like the SNP is as good at trains as it is at ferries, airports, education, rubbish clearance , accounting, fitting up political enemies, keeping lockdown rules ...

But no one is asking anyone to resign!!
Yes there is one about potential strikes, but I can't recall seeing one with any specific figures about service cuts etc (there may have been that I missed).

Unfortunately as in many places, incompetence is rarely punished/rooted out.

I think that the main reason is that the inhabitants of these media organs have all been influenced and educated the same way and honestly believe that that their target audience think like they do...which they don't. They get very mardy usually when they realise that they are actually a minority of crazies with a little temporary power.

"But man, proud man,​

Dress'd in a little brief authority,​

Most ignorant of what he's most assur'd—​

His glassy essence—like an angry ape​

Plays such fantastic tricks before high heaven​

As makes the angels weep"​

Forgive the bold, cut and paste.
Alastair Stewart walt.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Alastair Stewart walt.

And if he'd responded to a white man and described him as an angry ape? That would have been okay?

Was it about skin colour or attitude?

That many of the posts in this and similar threads have also said much the same, sadly these warning seems to go ignored or worse yet framed and dismissed as the words of white supremacists, bigots the various list of ist's and phob's etc, by those who should know better.
Don't they know Kipling?

"My son," said the Norman Baron, "I am dying, and you will be heir
To all the broad acres in England that William gave me for share
When he conquered the Saxon at Hastings, and a nice little handful it is.
But before you go over to rule it I want you to understand this:–

"The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite.
But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right.
When he stands like an ox in the furrow – with his sullen set eyes on your own,
And grumbles, 'This isn't fair dealing,' my son, leave the Saxon alone.

"You can horsewhip your Gascony archers, or torture your Picardy spears;
But don't try that game on the Saxon; you'll have the whole brood round your ears.
From the richest old Thane in the county to the poorest chained serf in the field,
They'll be at you and on you like hornets, and, if you are wise, you will yield.

"But first you must master their language, their dialect, proverbs and songs.
Don't trust any clerk to interpret when they come with the tale of their wrongs.
Let them know that you know what they're saying; let them feel that you know what to say.
Yes, even when you want to go hunting, hear 'em out if it takes you all day.

They'll drink every hour of the daylight and poach every hour of the dark.
It's the sport not the rabbits they're after (we've plenty of game in the park).
Don't hang them or cut off their fingers. That's wasteful as well as unkind,
For a hard-bitten, South-country poacher makes the best man-at-arms you can find.

"Appear with your wife and the children at their weddings and funerals and feasts.
Be polite but not friendly to Bishops; be good to all poor parish priests.
Say 'we,' 'us' and 'ours' when you're talking, instead of 'you fellows' and 'I.'
Don't ride over seeds; keep your temper; and never you tell 'em a lie!"

Awol

LE
The sad thing is that the BBC can make absolutely superb documentaries when it wants to. I stumbled across ‘Commando - Britain’s Ocean Warriors’ today and I’m very glad I did. It is exactly what a documentary should be, honest and brilliantly made and the antithesis of what we laughingly call ‘reality tv’ these days.

It was only because I was scrolling down the channel list that I noticed it, because normally I avoid the BBC like the plague. That says something in itself, because even when they do produce something truly world-class, many people won’t even see it because they now avoid the BBC as a matter of course.

As regards racial representation, it speaks volumes that of the blokes featured it was clear that the BAME individuals were, for once, proportionate to their numbers in greater society. In other words, it takes an environment where the film-makers obviously have absolutely zero input into the racial make-up of the participants, for the programme to be honest with the viewers.

It’s on Iplayer, highly recommended viewing.

Last edited:

Latest Threads