The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Update on my last re animal evacuation.

The beeb's report now carries an extract https://committees.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/43225/html/ where someone low in the chain (it was sent ?up?, and was being sent ?further up? the chain).

LK had quoted the intermediate, it was the early one that mentioned PM approving staff '& animals'.

No mention of context for PM's supposed decision, and it might even end up that it was the result of a mis-reporting of events by someone ..... like the BBC.

Let's wait and see

MORE CAKE !
iirc at the time Farthing was offered an evacuation slot, but got arrsey and demanded seats for his staff and the dogs. When told it was "humans first" he got more vocal and issued veiled threats against those he considered to be hindering his demands.

I bet he had extra cake too. And a snog from Jennifer Eccles. The rougue.
You had better be careful alleging that he snogged Jennifer Eccles, there is a well endowed actress of that name who starred in a number of “Adult Films” and magazines in the late 1970’s early 1980’s.

I will not provide a link as it would break site rules and I do not want a knock on the door or the black helicopters disturbing my evening.

Truxx

LE
You had better be careful alleging that he snogged Jennifer Eccles, there is a well endowed actress of that name who starred in a number of “Adult Films” and magazines in the late 1970’s early 1980’s.

I will not provide a link as it would break site rules and I do not want a knock on the door or the black helicopters disturbing my evening.
Just show them this

Parlophone label, Catalogue number R5680

I thought the Darling of the BBC Rashford and his recent story was interesting for how balanced it was and presumably was just good journalism and had nothing to do with him been a living saint. The Beeb published the story and gave prominence to Rashford's it was just a picture and condemns racism and made no judgements and I find that odd and NOT how the media usually publish stories i.e.

Initial Story is hyped to the extreme and usually the object of the Beeb's derision. Follow up story; if they're apologise the media demand they're resign and if they're don't apologise the media go after a higher authority and demand them sacked, but rather than saying 'The BBC demand it', they're will say 'Some people demand it'.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I thought the Darling of the BBC Rashford and his recent story was interesting for how balanced it was and presumably was just good journalism and had nothing to do with him been a living saint. The Beeb published the story and gave prominence to Rashford's it was just a picture and condemns racism and made no judgements and I find that odd and NOT how the media usually publish stories i.e.

Initial Story is hyped to the extreme and usually the object of the Beeb's derision. Follow up story; if they're apologise the media demand they're resign and if they're don't apologise the media go after a higher authority and demand them sacked, but rather than saying 'The BBC demand it', they're will say 'Some people demand it'.
And some people just don’t care either way. Most, in fact, because they see just another form of control.

Is there a link to the original story?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Things not going to well this morning. BBC Breakfast has clearly decided that mandatory vaccines for NHS and care hime staff is a bad thing - presumably because it’s government policy. Unfortunately they are struggling to find people to interview who agree with them.

Amy, who is about to loose her job was not a particularly sympathetic interviewee (a researcher will be in trouble for that) and the rest said it’s a good thing.

Never mind there was also a announcement that restrictions on visiting care homes have been lifted. Queue a long interview with someone complaining that there were ever restrictions.

And some people just don’t care either way. Most, in fact, because they see just another form of control.
The original story broke and the usual media pile on including the BBC was largely absent. The Beebs first comment, was an article on its site which focused heavily on the condemnation of racism. It was unusually fair and balanced to the kid and even the headline diluted any possible criticism..... If the BBC adopted this style of reporting for every story, then I think most of us wouldn't complain, as it was sensitive and caring but also covered the known facts.

As ever with the media, its the absence of spin that is so telling and I'm trying to imagine Trump pictured with the oath-keepers, or Boris with David Starkey would result in a wholly different presentation.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Things not going to well this morning. BBC Breakfast has clearly decided that mandatory vaccines for NHS and care hime staff is a bad thing - presumably because it’s government policy. Unfortunately they are struggling to find people to interview who agree with them.

Amy, who is about to loose her job was not a particularly sympathetic interviewee (a researcher will be in trouble for that) and the rest said it’s a good thing.

Never mind there was also a announcement that restrictions on visiting care homes have been lifted. Queue a long interview with someone complaining that there were ever restrictions.
I wonder if anyone has done an analysis of the anti vaxxers in the NHS. How many are actually nursing/medical staff and how many are admin? If admin then this could be a good way to curb the ever increasing NHS supplementary staff.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I wonder if anyone has done an analysis of the anti vaxxers in the NHS. How many are actually nursing/medical staff and how many are admin? If admin then this could be a good way to curb the ever increasing NHS supplementary staff.
One of the truisms of bureaucracy is that Admin staff are like herpes - with you for all eternity.

Latest Threads