The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

syrup

LE
In support of starmer's 'No 10 staff laughing' jibe both bbc and sky have hand picked bereaved relatives to hand to pile on the shame factor. Interestingly both broadcasters chose blacks to illustrate their propaganda.

"If Boris hadn't bought a pack of buffet sausage rolls for his mates at Downing street my dad would be alive now"

I thought if it was anything related to COVID by law we had to speak to either Captain Tom Moore's family or Kate Garraway

syrup

LE
The BBC interviewers for weeks have being referencing christmas parties at downing street in advance of the story, probably hoping to trap the government into a transparent lie.

P.S.
My own wife is a nurse and went out with her buddies last Christmas to the Stack Restaurant in Newcastle for an impromptu party, because everyone else was working from home and pitched up late, inebriated and irritating as a drunken woman can only be. I'm guessing the downing street party probably was following the rules, but started breaking them later in the evening and this stuff is blowing off steam and a gift for the nostril flaring media forever on the sniff for blood.

People seem to forget that many of us worked through Lockdown so were mixing with lots of other people and then returning to our bubble.
I would imagine that lots of people did the same and had far more of a interaction with strangers than the people who work at number 10 Downing Street.

I bet plenty of people had some sort of party at work

People seem to forget that many of us worked through Lockdown so were mixing with lots of other people and then returning to our bubble.
I would imagine that lots of people did the same and had far more of a interaction with strangers than the people who work at number 10 Downing Street.

I bet plenty of people had some sort of party at work
Exactly, or did people in their ‘work bubbles’ never eat or drink on the premises during the lockdown, if not necessarily cheese & wine?

Contrived no, being blown out of proportion by a BBC displaying clear bias certainly.
Take the way they treated the lack of masking at the pontificating Labour conference parties as a piece of context, it barely got a mention, but this party at No. 10 has had days of front page coverage.
I'm not even sure they've got it right and it is possible that Boris is not lying.

Given that this was filmed just after the no 10 press briefing room was installed and Allegra Stratton was fairly new to the job, I have a sneaking suspicion that this may have been a training session. I can fully imagine that she would sit down and invite questions from those present to see how the system worked and how she would cope. "Go on ask me a tricky one," and somebody did.

At one point after being asked she even referred to the 'fictitious party', then said that it was a business meeting and there was no social-distancing hahaha. She asks what the right answer is, but nobody offers anything. They are all laughing as if it is all just a bit of messing about.

This may not be quite what it seems.

ETA: Maybe that's the actual plan. The Conservatives leak this snippet to get everyone foaming at the gills, then miraculously find and release the whole tape showing that in fact it was only a training session and all the baying press and opposition are a bunch of gullible hysterical mugs.

Last edited:

Tyk

LE
The subject has been discussed.

There where no rules mandating mask wearing at the time of the Labour Party conference. The situation is not the same.

Other than the rules in the main conference, the Labour benches being populated by mask wearers, the likes of Rayner pointedly placing her mask back on after delivering a diatribe etc. Hypocrisy was on show and a similar magnitude to the party, which while bloody stupid isn't worthy of such a bias in reporting.

By someone within the inner circle frustrated with Johnson's woeful approach to Government, the pandemic, truth etc etc?

To pretend it has been kept in the back pocket by the MSM is ridiculous. They'd be far too scared of their scoop being published elsewhere.

Start facing reality.

I'm not suggesting the BBC kept it concealed, but they timed their big push "revelations" carefully and made a substantial mountain out of a microscopic molehill in a quite cynical manner which appears biased.

I have very few problems facing reality and one reality I face is that the BBC have displayed a clear bias on numerous fronts, yet their mandate is, as the national broadcaster, funded by a ringfenced tax, they are unbiased, non partisan and honest.

Allegra Stratton has just announced her resignation as one of the PM’s advisors. Guilty conscience or thrown under the bus?
Wasn’t she meant to be the next big thing?

Other than the rules in the main conference, the Labour benches being populated by mask wearers, the likes of Rayner pointedly placing her mask back on after delivering a diatribe etc. Hypocrisy was on show and a similar magnitude to the party, which while bloody stupid isn't worthy of such a bias in reporting.

There was no mask mandate in force at the time of the labour conference. No hypocrisy.

Plus: Rees-Mogg: Tories don't wear masks in Parliament because we are friends

I'm not suggesting the BBC kept it concealed, but they timed their big push "revelations" carefully and made a substantial mountain out of a microscopic molehill in a quite cynical manner which appears biased.

The Mirror broke the story, not the BBC.

I have very few problems facing reality and one reality I face is that the BBC have displayed a clear bias on numerous fronts, yet their mandate is, as the national broadcaster, funded by a ringfenced tax, they are unbiased, non partisan and honest.

Its your opinion.

Tyk

LE
There was no mask mandate in force at the time of the labour conference. No hypocrisy.

Plus: Rees-Mogg: Tories don't wear masks in Parliament because we are friends

The mask thing, lack of social distancing and the whole Labour attitude to Covid in public being given a stiff ignoring in private certainly appears to have a hypocritical element.

The Mirror broke the story, not the BBC.
I wasn't aware of that, but being cynical the BBC held their fire until it was convenient and had their hand forced a little. It doesn't alter the fact they've been manufacturing a mountain and distributing a fleet of outrage busses.

Its your opinion.

Perception of bias is always a matter of opinion, one shaped by the weight of evidence, but it's always opinion.

The mask thing, lack of social distancing and the whole Labour attitude to Covid in public being given a stiff ignoring in private certainly appears to have a hypocritical element.

One was done in breach of Covid regulations, one wasn't.

I wasn't aware of that, but being cynical the BBC held their fire until it was convenient and had their hand forced a little. It doesn't alter the fact they've been manufacturing a mountain and distributing a fleet of outrage busses.

Not really sure what you're trying to say. Are you saying / hoping they knew about it for some time, and sat on it until required?

Vanishingly unlikely.

Perception of bias is always a matter of opinion, one shaped by the weight of evidence, but it's always opinion.
Indeed, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and goes "quack", its a duck.

Tyk

LE
One was done in breach of Covid regulations, one wasn't.
As you wish, apply what spin you like, you'll continue to do so no matter what evidence or opinions are given if they don't suit your views.

Not really sure what you're trying to say. Are you saying / hoping they knew about it for some time, and sat on it until required?

Vanishingly unlikely.

Not unknown, happened before, will happen again.

Indeed, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and goes "quack", its a duck.

Exactly the point I and others have made on this thread and why the BBC's bias is being discussed. Thanks for actually agreeing with a point raised by someone that you disagree with (I'm sure you won't agree with this statement either).

As you wish, apply what spin you like, you'll continue to do so no matter what evidence or opinions are given if they don't suit your views.
Quite the ironic post.

You made a statement about hypocrisy, I pointed out the circumstances where markedly different, you didn't like it.

Its not me that's trying to spin.

I'm not even sure they've got it right and it is possible that Boris is not lying.

Given that this was filmed just after the no 10 press briefing room was installed and Allegra Stratton was fairly new to the job, I have a sneaking suspicion that this may have been a training session. I can fully imagine that she would sit down and invite questions from those present to see how the system worked and how she would cope. "Go on ask me a tricky one," and somebody did.

At one point after being asked she even referred to the 'fictitious party', then said that it was a business meeting and there was no social-distancing hahaha. She asks what the right answer is, but nobody offers anything. They are all laughing as if it is all just a bit of messing about.

This may not be quite what it seems.

ETA: Maybe that's the actual plan. The Conservatives leak this snippet to get everyone foaming at the gills, then miraculously find and release the whole tape showing that in fact it was only a training session and all the baying press and opposition are a bunch of gullible hysterical mugs.
It was very clearly a training session. What all the hypocrites are screeching about is her laughing about a fictional party in which 'social distancing' is ignored. Oh, the terrible turmoil. If she has any wit, she'd sue for being forced to resign on that premise.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

TamH70

MIA

I watched Boris telling England to start working from home, then came the questions from the public, which were fairly relevant. Then Laura Greetinface spouts up with that party story from last year and asks him trite questions related to that.

Then I swore at the telly and turned my computer back on.

I pay my license fee for and to Al Beebera, and if even a fraction of a penny from it goes to paying her unearned salary, I want all my money back.

Latest Threads