The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Really? A man with money problems that his gambling debts are paid by the PCA may not have an ulterior motive for playing the Race card hoping for a bit of compo? Cynical me.
Yes, really.

It's the real world. Non news tends to get the reporting it deserves.

Sure, "champ". It's not like the BBC had Rafiq's testimony as headline news for nearly a week, and anything showing other than the Correct narrative might have scuppered their little lynching party. No sirree, definitely none of that going on at all, and hey presto they got their scalp too, Vaughan won't be heard on TMS for a while.
That's more like it.

"Champ".

Tyk

LE
Well, I don't like racism or Johnson, which does seem to trigger a certain demographic.

To be fair based on some of your posts you're eager to label almost anything as racist and just by the sheer act of existing Johnson is offensive to you. You appear, to a relatively neutral observer, to have a particular agenda you want to perpetuate. You revel in labelling everyone else as a racist, maybe the lady protesteth too much and the problem is closer to home?

Yes, really.

It's the real world. Non news tends to get the reporting it deserves.

That's a curious view, there's endless non news which you like to exaggerate to suit your world view, minor blips that you can blame on Brexit for example.

That's more like it.

"Champ".

A tired trope that you like to trot out when you know you've been slapped down in a discussion and you can't think of a suitable comeback. Just like the crying babies you used to trot out all the time.

Back on topic the Rafiq thing had the BBC frothing endlessly until his past offences and behaviour came to light then it was quietly ignored. The BBC display very clear biases and for the national broadcaster previously famous as an unbiased news source it's a stark contrast.

To be fair based on some of your posts you're eager to label almost anything as racist and just by the sheer act of existing Johnson is offensive to you. You appear, to a relatively neutral observer, to have a particular agenda you want to perpetuate. You revel in labelling everyone else as a racist, maybe the lady protesteth too much and the problem is closer to home?

That's a curious view, there's endless non news which you like to exaggerate to suit your world view, minor blips that you can blame on Brexit for example.

A tired trope that you like to trot out when you know you've been slapped down in a discussion and you can't think of a suitable comeback. Just like the crying babies you used to trot out all the time.
Oh, dear; like I said.

There is a specific thread for teary stuff.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
"They've learned this trick in America from Trump and in the end culture wars will always pick on those who are slightly different and that means the gays, the Jews and the blacks and that's always the list that crops up whenever a populist government gets into power."

I now feel less safe as a gay man - MP Chris Bryant

The Labour MP accuses the government of stoking a culture war that will harm anyone "slightly different".

Could I just ask which Party got investigated for Anti Semitism recently, Chris? Said the BBC never

"They've learned this trick in America from Trump and in the end culture wars will always pick on those who are slightly different and that means the gays, the Jews and the blacks and that's always the list that crops up whenever a populist government gets into power."

The Labour MP accuses the government of stoking a culture war that will harm anyone "slightly different".

Could I just ask which Party got investigated for Anti Semitism recently, Chris? Said the BBC never
The Labour Party was exonerated, can't you remember.
The person who carried out the investigation is well known person of excellent character, in fact she is a member of the HoL.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Caught a piece this morning about where the Tories won a by-election with 52% of the vote...what was the focus, the win or the 52% vote share? No the fact that it was a low turnout and a reduced majority....Now I am not the sharpest tool in the box but with a reduced turnout you will get a reduced majority, the fact that you amassed more votes than all the other candidates put together says something surely
52 percent?!

Where've I heard that before?

We better have another vote.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Is that because homophobia is rife in some sections of the BAME community that the Left have placed beyond criticism?

I'm confused.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The Labour Party was exonerated, can't you remember.
The person who carried out the investigation is well known person of excellent character, in fact she is a member of the HoL.
No, that was the first time, which now we apparently have to forget ever happened cos Tory sleaaaaaaaaaaaze! This is the second one which they couldn't bribe their way out of.

The legally required report which they don't appear to have produced yet, nearly a year later.

Back on topic the Rafiq thing had the BBC frothing endlessly until his past offences and behaviour came to light then it was quietly ignored. The BBC display very clear biases and for the national broadcaster previously famous as an unbiased news source it's a stark contrast.
An alternative POV is that the matter had run its course, having been discussed at length for some days.

This does not fit the narrative of those eager to show some kind of BBC bias.

My left of centre friends view the BBC as the broadcasting wing of the Tory Party; my right of centre friends see it as woke central.

The truth is somewhere in the middle; if both extremes see it as favouring the other end of the political spectrum, its doing a broadly neutral job.

No, that was the first time, which now we apparently have to forget ever happened cos Tory sleaaaaaaaaaaaze! This is the second one which they couldn't bribe their way out of.

The legally required report which they don't appear to have produced yet, nearly a year later.
Thanks for that, it had passed me by.
Perhaps if the bbc had talked about it.................................................................

Much like any report critical of, or unfavourable towards Johnson, then.

Latest Threads