The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

The moral of the story is avoid giving them(Media) free hits in the first place and this government is a seriously leaky one(Civil Service) and increasingly accident prone.. The tories simply can't resist anything, because its failed to reform anything and as Brexit the dividing issue wanes the tories majority will almost certainly implode.
Maybe. No matter how incompetent this lot are, I put it to you that voters will take a long, critical look at starmer's circus. Any political party in which the likes of rayner, gardiner, burgon, hussain,shah, lammy, cooper, abbott et al pretend to co-exist, is by definition unfit to govern. starmer is merely a stained wooden fig-leaf, masking the fact that this is still corbyn's party. Just this morning the union barons flexed their muscles and declared that funding would be reduced unless starmer reinstalled the loonies. I think the voters know the kind of blackmail these union barons would exert in the event of labour ever being elected.

Last edited:
Reported by Farage a couple of weeks back on GB News. Wonder why the BBC are a bit slow in reporting this?
it doesn't fit the bbc agenda, muslims being eternal victims of colonial oppression. Anti semitism and the bbc just looks the other way. No coverage of the howling, spitting mob of men spitting at the kids on the bus.

Last edited:
Caught a piece this morning about where the Tories won a by-election with 52% of the vote...what was the focus, the win or the 52% vote share? No the fact that it was a low turnout and a reduced majority....Now I am not the sharpest tool in the box but with a reduced turnout you will get a reduced majority, the fact that you amassed more votes than all the other candidates put together says something surely

Caught a piece this morning about where the Tories won a by-election with 52% of the vote...what was the focus, the win or the 52% vote share? No the fact that it was a low turnout and a reduced majority....Now I am not the sharpest tool in the box but with a reduced turnout you will get a reduced majority, the fact that you amassed more votes than all the other candidates put together says something surely
I was thinking the same thing when I saw it and just tut tutted before switching over.

Having a flick through my radio presets, BBC Climate Change Service has just uttered the phrase "vaccine apartheid". I switched over, but I can make a reasonably safe assumption in that they're working up to the waycism angle.
Well, you're wrong.

Ive seen the phrase used mostly to describe supposed discrimination against those who refuse to be vaccinated, and then complain when refused eg access to a restaurant etc.

Last edited:
It’s just a straw in the wind but in our household ( 2 adult parents 3 teenage ish girls) that as a family we watch NO BBC programming at all .
This is not rabid politicising. My kids, it’s just they litterally produce nothing that ( when scanning the schedules to see what to programme the TiVo with) that we want to watch together.
In contrast if I use the big slab on the wall to u tube one of the following
David Starkey Talks.
The History Guy
Lindybeige, or
Harrys Farm. I can almost guarantee at least one will appear from their room and join me on a sofa.
if anyone has kids doing GCSE history I cannot recommend starkers history talks enough. He has taken de platform ing in his stride, embraced the opportunities of utube and is ramming it right up the wokeistas arse.
And they can do nowt about it ( as he would say).
The beeb, who needs it, ( apart from their employees obv.!).

Maybe. No matter how incompetent this lot are, I put it to you that voters will take a long, critical look at starmer's circus. Any political party in which the likes of rayner, gardiner, burgon, hussain,shah, lammy, cooper, abbott et al pretend to co-exist, is by definition unfit to govern. starmer is merely a stained wooden fig-leaf, masking the fact that this is still corbyn's party. Just this morning the union barons flexed their muscles and declared that funding would be reduced unless starmer reinstalled the loonies. I think the voters know the kind of blackmail these union barons would exert in the event of labour ever being elected.
I live in the red wall north and by a 1001 media cuts, he is losing ground and what is this crucial 'ground' ?

To me the 'Ground' fought over in the 2019 election, was not brexit at all but a simple anti-establishment platform and in some ways, Boris was no different to the SNP rise to power. The tactic worked well enough to deliver an 80 seat majority as that reflects the discontent in the country. The problem is the tory party were never anti-establishment and as Boris has being pulled or drifted back to the party centre he's increasingly losing authenticity and my guess is the daily media attacks are finding an audience and I think Boris will be lucky to get Cameron's numbers when he managed to win the election.

The BBC as an objective broadcaster, despised Corbyn as much as its visceral hatred of Johnson. Starmer had a nice pleasant interview the other day with the Beeb and I think the station hasn't yet gone over to the labour party, but have a strong desire too.

P.S.
Go back to the Major days and when the BBC bought what Blair was selling the 'sleaze' story became the only story and I'm convinced if you think its bad now, wait until next year or election year.

I live in the red wall north and by a 1001 media cuts, he is losing ground and what is this crucial 'ground' ?

To me the 'Ground' fought over in the 2019 election, was not brexit at all but a simple anti-establishment platform and in some ways, Boris was no different to the SNP rise to power. The tactic worked well enough to deliver an 80 seat majority as that reflects the discontent in the country. The problem is the tory party were never anti-establishment and as Boris has being pulled or drifted back to the party centre he's increasingly losing authenticity and my guess is the daily media attacks are finding an audience and I think Boris will be lucky to get Cameron's numbers when he managed to win the election.

The BBC as an objective broadcaster, despised Corbyn as much as its visceral hatred of Johnson. Starmer had a nice pleasant interview the other day with the Beeb and I think the station hasn't yet gone over to the labour party, but have a strong desire too.
I live in the red wall too and can confirm that starmer and his circus go down like a pail of sick. Johnson has secured the middle ground. Criminal Immigration and cancerous woke ideology will dominate the next election (steer softly left in economic terms, decisively right on 'culture' though more properly described as ideology). If there is the slightest chance of labour winning the next election, Johnson and his baggage will be ejected by the Tory party, never mind the electorate.
Never underestimate the visceral disgust felt by British voters towards those who espouse the cause of identity politics.

Last edited:

Tyk

LE
I live in the red wall too and can confirm that starmer and his circus go down like a pail of sick. Johnson has secured the middle ground. Criminal Immigration and cancerous woke ideology will dominate the next election (steer softly left in economic terms, decisively right on 'culture' though more properly described as ideology). If there is the slightest chance of labour winning the next election, Johnson and his baggage will be ejected by the Tory party, never mind the electorate.
Never underestimate the visceral disgust felt by British voters towards those who espouse the cause of identity politics.

Similar, and the red wall came extremely close to falling here, if memory serves it was barely a 2,000 majority and the Brexit party candidate took close to 3k votes so without them it might have switched, in what used to be a very safe Labour seat. Castleford was a couple of hundred majority if that in what was heartland mining and heavy industry area.

It's not that the Conservatives are liked, but the Labour lot have become very toxic to voters up here with their attitude perpetuated by the likes of the BBC. Identity politics and the whole intersectionality thing really isn't winning them any friends outside of the Islington set.

I think your own personal hatred and dislike of views you don't like has clouded your opinion.

The moral of the story is avoid giving them(Media) free hits in the first place and this government is a seriously leaky one(Civil Service) and increasingly accident prone.. The tories simply can't resist anything, because its failed to reform anything and as Brexit the dividing issue wanes the tories majority Boris will almost certainly implode.
That's my take. Unlike Labour, the Conservatives are very good at re-inventing themselves.

I think your own personal hatred and dislike of views you don't like has clouded your opinion.
1images.jpg

That's my take. Unlike Labour, the Conservatives are very good at re-inventing themselves.

Personally I think it really is a matter of “cometh the hour, cometh the man”. Once or twice in a generation, there will be a stand-out leader that really does make a difference.

If you look at the unelectable shambles that was the Labour Party in the glorious Thatcher years, led by the likes of Michael Foot and Margaret Beckett, they had no chance whatsoever. But then one Anthony Charles Lynton Blair ascended the throne (as in toilet), and dragged the commies more toward the centre. And Oh look, we’re in power. His chief political error was installing a half-blind fcukwit as Chancellor. And then the politics of envy resulted in the fcukwit taking the reins, presiding over the economic train wreck.

Unsurprisingly, Cyclops lost power and then the Idiots installed Harriet Harman and Ed flipping Milliband as leaders. While the A-Team had an Eton-educated leadership. Having made his own cretinous error with the Brexit referendum, CMD was done for and then there’s been shambolic leadership until relatively recently.

In a political climate where the opposition leader is so stupid as to have nailed Abbott and supported Irish terrorism, and then installed his ex-girlfriend (who literally can’t put her shoes on properly) as deputy, it was no surprise whatsoever to me that BoJo utterly wiped the floor with them.

So Blair and BoJo were/are charismatic leaders that promise change, and for better or worse, pretty much have delivered on that promise. The others, not so much.

I think the Conservatives will win next time, but with a reduced majority, and possibly a different leader. Please can we have Penny Mordaunt? She has a lovely rack :)

P.S.
Go back to the Major days and when the BBC bought what Blair was selling the 'sleaze' story became the only story and I'm convinced if you think its bad now, wait until next year or election year.

also like Scotland the ruling party is largely protected by the sheer incompetence and uselessness of the opposition who offer little viable alternative, inspiration or incentive to vote for any another party.

The red Wall is still unlikely at the next election to vote for Starmer and his cabinet of EU loving, jew hating, anti-Brexit, incompetent, unintelligent, unexperienced, fanatics and London based woke Elite racists like Lammy - instead, it is more likely that the turnout in the North will be low with less people voting Tory but even more not turning out to vote for an alternative.

BoJo is weak, indecisive, liberal, lacks conviction/belief, has no moral compass, does what his missus says, swings with the wind, led by the nose by SAGE, cant sack anyone, wont stand up to Macron or Biden, doesnt believe in borders and is basically a wan ker BUT he is still better than Starmer and his entire front bench!

I haven't seen this 'decisively right on culture' as yet and an odd speech here or there, is simply lost in the BBC jamming to have had any effect. Go back to 2019 and what did cut through the jammers, was when the Beeb were on full attack over brexit and by association were attacking the general public itself and that assault saw the red wall shift rightwards.

If you look at the pattern of BBC media attacks now, they've learned the lesson and are entirely fixed on Boris being a bit useless and away from slagging off the working class. So my sense, is the red wall of course isn't going to massively swing to the labour party, but some will swing to other parties and yes some will swing to the party or just not bother voting at all.

Its clear the media have the messaging right and Starmer is desperate to avoid giving people a reason to vote against him and if he succeeds I would say he has a fair choice of reducing Boris majority from 80 to 10 seats and if the tories continue to score own goals, a few seats short of a majority.

also like Scotland the ruling party is largely protected by the sheer incompetence and uselessness of the opposition who offer little viable alternative, inspiration or incentive to vote for any another party.

The red Wall is still unlikely at the next election to vote for Starmer and his cabinet of EU loving, jew hating, anti-Brexit, incompetent, unintelligent, unexperienced, fanatics and London based woke Elite racists like Lammy - instead, it is more likely that the turnout in the North will be low with less people voting Tory but even more not turning out to vote for an alternative.

BoJo is weak, indecisive, liberal, lacks conviction/belief, has no moral compass, does what his missus says, swings with the wind, led by the nose by SAGE, cant sack anyone, wont stand up to Macron or Biden, doesnt believe in borders and is basically a wan ker BUT he is still better than Starmer and his entire front bench!
You see the point and why I'm forever impressed with the SNPs ability to always appear anti-establishment, despite having ruled Scotland for 14 years and are the very essence of populism. You have to really work at being forever angry and at war with the enemy and somehow convince a media hostile to populism, that your an enemy of populism. If Boris was a scot I have little doubt he would be in the SNP.

The Red wall is not a single bloc of votes that can swing one way or another and the labour party don't need all that many of them to not vote, or vote for other parties to go back to winning by default.

Ursus Major

War Hero
Mid term and labour ought to be 20 points ahead of the government in the polls. The labour party has failed to break through. The fact that labour's media outriders have been forced to do the bulk of the traducing, while the party remains roundly ineffective, speaks volumes (just ask a labour no the . Shrewsbury will be a test. l about and lib dems voters will doubtless combine and pray for a low turnout among Tory voters re Old Bexley and Sidcup.
(ask the question to any labour candidate/mp, 'is it true that only women have a cervix and watch The fissures turn into rift valleys) The lib dems may win as a result of Tory apathy. But this is mid term, anyone who thinks such a result would be replicated in general election is delusional.
That went very dyslexic in the middle…

Because it really is a non story.
Really? A man with money problems that his gambling debts are paid by the PCA may not have an ulterior motive for playing the Race card hoping for a bit of compo? Cynical me.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Because it really is a non story.
Sure, "champ". It's not like the BBC had Rafiq's testimony as headline news for nearly a week, and anything showing other than the Correct narrative might have scuppered their little lynching party. No sirree, definitely none of that going on at all, and hey presto they got their scalp too, Vaughan won't be heard on TMS for a while.

Latest Threads