The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A Belgian minister was being given the unanswerable question treatment on R4 this morning.

Repeatedly badgering him over why Priti Patel was uninvited to the meeting with the frogs. He gave a reasonable answer but it wasn’t the one wanted. Did they seriously think a Belgium foreign minister is going to criticise either the French President or the Brit Home Secretary? They criticise our ministers for doing it and then try and badger foreign ministers to do the same thing. We learnt nothing and I suspect he will tell them to foxtrot Oscar next time he’s invited to be on the BBC.

A Belgian minister was being given the unanswerable question treatment on R4 this morning.

Repeatedly badgering him over why Priti Patel was uninvited to the meeting with the frogs. He gave a reasonable answer but it wasn’t the one wanted. Did they seriously think a Belgium foreign minister is going to criticise either the French President or the Brit Home Secretary? They criticise our ministers for doing it and then try and badger foreign ministers to do the same thing. We learnt nothing and I suspect he will tell them to foxtrot Oscar next time he’s invited to be on the BBC.
Should have just shouted very loudly at him ‘ARE YOU GOING TO RESIGN’ repeatedly.

Also dredging, if the old rumours are to be believed.
Verruca on his bellend, kind of style.
Impressive.
There are no plasters on the bottom of that pool. . . . or as seen in Maindee baths sometime in the late 70's, an actual turd.

a very interesting article here from the Daily Mail.

selected quotes:

"Radio 4 has become so determined to address multicultural diversity, gender issues and identity politics that it forgets about all-embracing inclusion.

"People who live outside a narrow class of well-off professionals with rigidly right-on opinions, almost all of them in London, no longer feel included by the station.

"If you’re not part of the self-proclaimed metropolitan elite, you are unlikely to hear your views reflected. The BBC seems to ignore the obvious fact that ‘B’ stands for British — and its remit is to broadcast to the whole country, not just a few fashionable streets around Islington.

Yes, I'm sure many ARRSERS agree..

But now look who wrote the article...

Last edited:
a very interesting article here from the Daily Mail.

selected quotes:

"Radio 4 has become so determined to address multicultural diversity, gender issues and identity politics that it forgets about all-embracing inclusion.

"People who live outside a narrow class of well-off professionals with rigidly right-on opinions, almost all of them in London, no longer feel included by the station.

"If you’re not part of the self-proclaimed metropolitan elite, you are unlikely to hear your views reflected. The BBC seems to ignore the obvious fact that ‘B’ stands for British — and its remit is to broadcast to the whole country, not just a few fashionable streets around Islington.

Yes, I'm sure many ARRSERS agree..

But now look who wrote the article...
And yet not one mention of the disproportionate over-representation of BAME in television advertising.

They're sat it again on BBC Climate Change Service: a potentially interesting programme about Cold Water Therapy, where people take cold baths and swim in the sea to alleviate anxiety. "Now, your swimming club is 97% white..."

FFS.
I caught the 6pm news report and its coverage of Barbados (C4 News was even worse) and ditching the queen. The story was wholly orientated around slavery and astonishing stuff really and speaks volumes about the BBC news department and its priorities and political tastes.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'll leave this here ..

261375853_10158498079928157_4024507443256243355_n.jpg

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
According to the paper the BBC now has its own pet Communist to advise on Covid.
Seems to be a bit strange considering where the original Covid was let loose.

Latest Threads