The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I can honestly say I have not watched a single episode, however, I’m aware of a long line of BBC News Presenters who have taken part over the years, as they are classed as ‘Celebrities’ and the Flagship BBC News constantly trails the Programme in its bulletins.
I thought they were meant to be journalists. Just report the News ffs and leave all that Celebrity shit to ITV 2 or similar obscure Channels.
They aren't, they are just presenters playing at being journalists!

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I was talking to a paramedic yesterday. I asked him about ‘everyone’ having Covid 19 on the death certificate. His theory, not enough time or people to do proper post mortems, so everyone dies of Covid 19 at the moment, even if that is not the true cause.
As I have been unable to get an answer to that question from anyone else, it’s as good a theory as anything.
Last New Year, an elderly friend of mine had some form of heart seizure. His wife had to carry out CPR until the ambulance arrived. At one stage, he vomited and inhaled it.

By the time he was examined properly, he had a lung infection. This was immediately written up as Covid. His wife had to fight all the way to stop him just being shoved unthinkingly into a Covid ward. She was subsequently proven right; he didn't have Covid and it was an infection caused by the vomit. Sticking him on a Covid ward in his frail state would probably have finished him off.

As you say: lazy, expedient.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I have put a Disagree on that because I do not believe it is the job of media to hold any government to account. After all the electorate cannot vote for people in the media.
Perhaps we’re splitting hairs over defining ‘holding to account’. I thing we broadly agree with what we want and what we don’t want.

No Wah.

Quality. Value. Choice.

It's a home shopping channel.

With a face like this she'd scare the punters away

liverpool-uk-24th-september-2018-laura-kuenssberg-political-editor-of-bbc-news-during-a-broadcast-at-the-labour-party-conference-in-liverpool-russell-hartalamy-live-news-PP7JKJ.jpg

Perhaps she’ll become a news reporter. Reporting what’s happened not her opinions and prejudices.

K**tsburg, don't make laugh, she's a died in the wool beeb bot getting c. £300,000 pa to vent her bile!!

Whereas the Professor they had on earlier was all doom and gloom, imploring the Government to consider another lockdown before Christmas! It really is depressing and confusing in equal measure.
Whatever happened to Vaccine Protection and Herd Immunity?
Someone’s telling porkies!

My bold ... I'm amazed anybody still watches Al beeb for NEWS , I never do now I watch GBNEWS where you get diferent views...

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
After the murder of the Weapons Inspector (whose name I cannot remember) he took part in a Mexican spirit 'bath' which is believed to remove all previous sins.
He is going to find it doesn't.
Kelly, but I think you’re drifting into the realms of fantasy with regard to murder.

Just watched BBC Breakfast. They were interviewing Dr Chris Smith, the Naked Scientist. He’s a virologist. He’s gone completely off message. He was basically agreeing with the government. He was pointing out that our rates are not as bad as some panic mongers want them to be and we are doing better than many other countries. He was also pointing out that panicking now has consequences for the economy, education and public welfare.

Hallelujah. They need to get away from this mantra of "you are not allowed to catch or die from covid". We ridicule NZ for their stance and the corner they backed themselves into.

Here's something radical. Instead of a daily tally of how many died, let them make an educated guess and put up a figure for how many lives were saved due to vaccines? How about they make it patently clear who is hospitalised/dying from it, ie. jabbed or not jabbed and putting pressure on everyone to get vaccinated.

As for cases, we are in the top 5 of countries for testing. However, our positivity rate is lower than many other countries, and two of note are Germany and USA. Interestingly we are above Sweden who never really bothered with masks or a lockdown of epic proportions. And this was predicted when education and football returned for the figures to rise so now is not the time to waver.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It is thanks... and best of all it's miserable old cnuts like you (licence fee payers) who are paying for me to jet off to all the glamorous I get to go to. So cheers!
Sunny, stabby Glasgow next? :)

Truxx

LE
To be fair it is the job of responsible media to hold the government to account on our behalf. They should ask the questions we would like to ask. It is not their job to oppose the government or to try and force the government to do things.
Not in the case of the BBC it isn't. If it were it might get a mention in its charter.

Educate Inform and Entertain. And maintain scrupulous even handedness.

Anything else is a breach of contract.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
They aren't, they are just presenters playing at being journalists!

There is a great quote out there from [IIRC -anyone?] , a novelisation of the US presidential trail called ' Primary Colors ' as seen first-hand by the author, a political correspondent called Joe Klein.

' News broadcasters think they are in the information business; they are not - they are in the ENTERTAINMENT business....'

Meanwhile, this from Luvvy Central: Fake news: The broadcasters’ dilemma

screenshot_2021-10-06_at_12.19.10.png

Offa

War Hero
I'm not in to astrology and think it's a load of cobblers. However...

Both born in August, 9 years apart. She's a Leo and he's a Virgo. Love Compatibility : Leo - Virgo

Yes, I can imagine there was would be no obvious spark in the beginning but over time a growing admiration began could have started. Something as silly as MG hitting the dance floor was probably could have been the catalyst for this something like that to happen.
I'm a Virgo and I think you'll find that Virgos don't believe all that astrology nonsense.