The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

syrup

LE
To add the BBC are probably the worse for this especially when sending reporters to locations where "adverse" weather is happening, so not only adding to the CO2 emissions getting there, but hampering the emergency services and also putting themselves at risk by being there and therefore diverting resources from those that are really in need.....

Only for the whole thing to be repeated from the safety of a studio...

Don't forget the greatest things that can contribute to a BBC reporters air miles

The terrorist attack / natural disaster / World Cup / Olympics

All of which can be covered from London but they need to go mob handed

The terrorist attack / natural disaster
Main presenter arrives and takes a balcony room overlooking the area of said incident.

They then handover to a colleague out in the street who hands over to a colleague just across the road who gets an update from a colleague down near the incident and then after all that it's back to London for teh rest of teh news

World Cup / Olympics

Linaker / Shearer and the rest of the dullards fly to the location and sit in the exact same studio give or take as they would at home and sometimes even watch the matches on a big screen so they can discuss what went on

Meanwhile 5 Live have a bus load of presenters and co commentators to cover the exact same games but on the radio

Nice work if you can get it

Don't forget the greatest things that can contribute to a BBC reporters air miles

The terrorist attack / natural disaster / World Cup / Olympics

All of which can be covered from London but they need to go mob handed

The terrorist attack / natural disaster
Main presenter arrives and takes a balcony room overlooking the area of said incident.

They then handover to a colleague out in the street who hands over to a colleague just across the road who gets an update from a colleague down near the incident and then after all that it's back to London for teh rest of teh news

World Cup / Olympics

Linaker / Shearer and the rest of the dullards fly to the location and sit in the exact same studio give or take as they would at home and sometimes even watch the matches on a big screen so they can discuss what went on

Meanwhile 5 Live have a bus load of presenters and co commentators to cover the exact same games but on the radio

@bigeye likes this post. :p

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It's not my spleen I'd be venting on her ;-)

What, do you mean you are into scatology? Perhaps that's why she has that perepetual horrific sneering look on her face as though she hasn't wiped the last
220px-Noto_Emoji_KitKat_1f4a9.svg.png

off her scrawny chest!

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I know it's nothing to do with Political Bias but in the spirit of general BBC bashing what the **** is 'I Like the Way You Move' about? Why is the BBC paying for trash television? According the non-stop plugging its a reality tv show where dancers are encouraged to shag each other. Strictly cum Love Island's Big Brother being fronted by a male bimbo from a reality tv show about supposedly posh people.

Real gutter tv.

I know it's nothing to do with Political Bias but in the spirit of general BBC bashing what the **** is 'I Like the Way You Move' about? Why is the BBC paying for trash television? According the non-stop plugging its a reality tv show where dancers are encouraged to shag each other. Strictly cum Love Island's Big Brother being fronted by a male bimbo from a reality tv show about supposedly posh people.

Real gutter tv.
Basically the BBC now caters for the lowest denominator, so anyone over 40 who has an IQ greater than 100 is no longer an attractive audience.

To add the BBC are probably the worse for this especially when sending reporters to locations where "adverse" weather is happening, so not only adding to the CO2 emissions getting there, but hampering the emergency services and also putting themselves at risk by being there and therefore diverting resources from those that are really in need.....

Only for the whole thing to be repeated from the safety of a studio...
Only the BBC covers 'adverse' weather conditions?

Yes, that's right I remember seeing the memo about ITV and Sky not being allowed to turn up to floods etc.

(*Where do you get this bollocks from?)

Only the BBC covers 'adverse' weather conditions?

Yes, that's right I remember seeing the memo about ITV and Sky not being allowed to turn up to floods etc.

(*Where do you get this bollocks from?)
I don't care what Sky and ITV do they are not financed by the Public, where as the BBC are...i.e we are paying for people to go on unnecessary jollies when it is not required.

It is thanks... and best of all it's miserable old cnuts like you (licence fee payers) who are paying for me to jet off to all the glamorous I get to go to. So cheers!

272 of them went to the world cup footy in 2014. The same year 300 BBC staff went to Glastonbury for 'essential work'

I have to agree with you about Glastonbury. Most of the BBC liggers that turn up just get in the way of the buggers that are actually trying to work.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I have to agree with you about Glastonbury. Most of the BBC liggers that turn up just get in the way of the buggers that are actually trying to work.
I'm shocked, I tell you...

It is thanks... and best of all it's miserable old cnuts like you (licence fee payers) who are paying for me to jet off to all the glamorous I get to go to. So cheers!
Whilst I am annoyed at the way TV companies post reporters to talk outside Downing Street/Parliament/Buck House etc at 10:00 at night about something that happened in the day and is just pointless staging; I do feel a lot of happiness if it's pissing down. However, I feel sorry for the lower paid (normal pay like the rest of us) local TV/radio reporters who seem to spend most of the day at the scene of some local incident in a mobile studio van, coffee in paper cups and no toilet for miles.

BBC 22.00 news last night, who did they turn out to comment on the Weggie Land global conference - wait for it !!! Little Glib Toney !! Giving this detested individual prime time exposure!! Sure there is some sort of plot in the metro establishment to bring him back? Sir Kneel a Lot watch your 6 o'clock (and not the news).

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
BBC 22.00 news last night, who did they turn out to comment on the Weggie Land global conference - wait for it !!! Little Glib Toney !! Giving this detested individual prime time exposure!! Sure there is some sort of plot in the metro establishment to bring him back? Sir Kneel a Lot watch your 6 o'clock (and not the news).
A pat on the back is only a recce for a knife in the ribs...

Latest Threads