The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Whaaat?

Even the Galapagos tortoise?!
You speciesist bastard. You just assume that's come from the Galapagos Islands.

On a slightly more serious note, Wikipedia has a handy list of all the logos - Logo of the BBC - Wikipedia Personally I wouldn't have spotted a difference between the current one and the previous version unless someone told me to compare them side by side.

Last edited:
At the end of the day we are an Ape, a smart one (in some cases) but still an ape. We are here to eat, shite, screw, die....and that is it, anything else is just filling time.
Not me, I have left the Army now

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Well it’s nice to see where our licence fee is going.

118277A2-5AE4-4603-8658-0BF46E2DAF68.jpeg

Can you think of anything they may have left out?

anglo

LE
Apologies for commenting on my own posts. However, those who have disagreed or disliked my warnings about the need for care to avoid potential Contempt of Court might be interested in the following. (@BarcelonaAnalPark has already posted this on the "Tory MP Stabbed" thread.)

Please note that the case is considered live.

Says

In particular, the Attorney General wishes to draw attention to the risks in publishing material, including on-line, that asserts or assumes, expressly or implicitly, the guilt of any of those arrested, or that otherwise interferes with the administration of justice in this case, for example allegations of wrongdoing of any individual arrested in relation to this matter.

Says FA about,

Another newspaper reports that the dead person was murdered. Not fine.

Says

In particular, the Attorney General wishes to draw attention to the risks in publishing material, including on-line, that asserts or assumes, expressly or implicitly, the guilt of any of those arrested, or that otherwise interferes with the administration of justice in this case, for example allegations of wrongdoing of any individual arrested in relation to this matter.

Says FA about,

So what is your point?

anglo

LE
So what is your point?
That this

Is bullshit
Anyone including newspapers can say what they like about the dead person
including saying the person was murdered,

no one can discuss/comment anybody arrested or charged,

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
From my reading of history including some contemporary stuff faith really hasn't.
Most went along with it because they had no choice, this was still true in my school 55 years ago.
We have got as far as we have because mostly we are decent, sociable creatures unless some form of extremism gets in the way.
I have no doubt there is what may as well be called a God and a devil, I have no religion or special place or practices and feel no need for them.
Good for you. Do you feel the need to mock, abuse or pillory those who do follow a religion? I don't, but some here do.

TamH70

MIA
Good for you. Do you feel the need to mock, abuse or pillory those who do follow a religion? I don't, but some here do.

Makes a big difference from the countless millennia when religious zealots of all stripes did all of that and much worse to people who didn't agree with them, with the craven assistance of secular authorities in cultures too numerous to name.

If you cannot stand the heat, stop feeding kids to Baa'l's furnaces.

From my reading of history including some contemporary stuff faith really hasn't.
Most went along with it because they had no choice, this was still true in my school 55 years ago.
We have got as far as we have because mostly we are decent, sociable creatures unless some form of extremism gets in the way.
I have no doubt there is what may as well be called a God and a devil, I have no religion or special place or practices and feel no need for them.
I have two, or maybe more, strongly conflicting views on organised religion, which I cannot easily reconcile.

Logically: The whole idea of organised religion is anathema to me. That a self-selecting priesthood can hold sway over large swathes of the populous with made up stories and threats of eternal damnation is reprehensible and anyone seeking such a position is a monster. I can guarantee that there has never been a single case of a god talking to a man, telling him to form a religion and explaining the tenets and details of it for a handy book. It is all made-up crap with the sole purpose of having the folk of a community behave in a way of which the leaders (political, economic and ecclesiastic) approve. Theology is the study of angels dancing on the head of a pin.

Conversely: A central and commonly held belief system is at the centre of any civilised and functioning society. It helps to ensure that almost everyone is pulling in the same direction for the common good. The loss or decline of such a system inevitably leads to the downfall of a society as a more brutal alternative, with no widespread adherence (Or even coherence), will replace it. Societies do not work better when everyone is doing their own thing. It also provides a crutch for the weak, ignorant and desperate to lean on, in order to have some purpose in their 'being'. Organised religion does this better than any other method.

The beliefs are rubbish and the priesthood (In all religions) is corrupt, but the framework of a popular religion is a benefit.

Re-branding and changing a logo is very often indicative of the slide to oblivion......
rubbish, I am now going to pay the tax again, hell I might even buy a TV

Truxx

LE
Aha!

The great BBC turn-around begins-they've revamped the logo:

I can only dismally wonder how much of cash was spunked up a wall and result in a few coloured, solid blocks.

And this:

_121138880_mediaitem121138879.jpg

I think they've just about squeezed in every minority that has ever existed: queer (pick your letter of choice), Asian, Black, missing limbs, piss-poor 'journalists, one or two white males and at least 16 females.

Ish.
And a tortoise????

That this

Is bullshit
Anyone including newspapers can say what they like about the dead person
including saying the person was murdered,

no one can discuss/comment anybody arrested or charged,

@anglo , I have no axe to grind with you. But what I have put in bold in your post is simply wrong. Have you any knowledge of the law in connection with Contempt of Court?

@anglo , I have no axe to grind with you. But what I have put in bold in your post is simply wrong. Have you any knowledge of the law in connection with Contempt of Court?
Mate I would give it us as a lost cause

Well it’s nice to see where our licence fee is going.

View attachment 610837
Can you think of anything they may have left out?
Anyone who
comes from north of the Watford Gap.
is white working class
voted Leave
thinks there are only two genders

You know, deplorables....