The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just this minute checked the BBC app. No details of the arrestee other than a 25 yo male.
But...cue drum roll...The sainted Jo gets 4 name checks in just 1 article.
“She was a mother and caring.” I quote Harriet Harman when explaining why her death was different to the death of Airy Neave; he was a man and was a legitimate target for the IRA.

Just this minute checked the BBC app. No details of the arrestee other than a 25 yo male.
But...cue drum roll...The sainted Jo gets 4 name checks in just 1 article.
Their website is studiously avoiding ( editing ?)any witness interview that might indicate ethnicity
quelle surprise
Could it be they are waiting for confirmation of the suspects nationality before running with it in their story?

“She was a mother and caring.” I quote Harriet Harman when explaining why her death was different to the death of Airy Neave; he was a man and was a legitimate target for the IRA.
Harriet Harman; there can never be enough blood in that woman's faeces.

On the 6 o'clock TV news, the reporter on scene mentioned the arrested person as being "of African appearance". That reporter might need to review his career options......
I appreciate you’re (probably) saying that in jest, but if the reporter gets a stiff talking to for his observation, then the racists at the BBC have won…

“She was a mother and caring.” I quote Harriet Harman when explaining why her death was different to the death of Airy Neave; he was a man and was a legitimate target for the IRA IRA.
Murdered by INLA actually, but you make the point I was about to. Lest we forget.

It'll be one of those "mental elves" again!
Ultimately I fear you are right but there is some method at work here. sunni muslims despise those suffering from mental illness. They are shut away by their families like some shameful secret. Brand a jihadi as 'mad' and it immediately triggers a stigma, one which may dilute the chances of peer emulation.

Could it be they are waiting for confirmation of the suspects nationality before running with it in their story?
No, it is imperative they deflect attention from the islamofascist terrorism angle until the last possible juncture (ie when the other broadcasters decide to run with it)

Yep. Headline popped up on my phone (And I quote) - 'Suspect in MP killing is Britsh National'.

Seemed a very bizarre headline to me.

It actually makes it worse when/if they then show a picture of someone of obvious Somali heritage, but they are too wrapped up in their own little world and they can't see that they are making a mockery of themselves and at the same time fooling no-one.

It actually makes it worse when/if they then show a picture of someone of obvious Somali heritage, but they are too wrapped up in their own little world and they can't see that they are making a mockery of themselves and at the same time fooling no-one.
I actually think the bbc knows it is on borrowed time but still believes in miracles.
a bit like BL on here.

I got very angry with the Beeb (again) this morning

Bojo and Starmer were there for the photo op topay their respects

" So , Sir Keir Starmerand the Prime Minister are visiting !".... etc etc

I would have prefered The Prime Minister and Sir Keir starmer

but it was BBC news, not any surprises there

Latest Threads