The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

I profess myself bemused as to why the Beeb isn't trumpeting the fact that the UK is the only nation in the G20 that is on track to meet the 1.5C temperature rise limit as noted in the latest Climate Transparency Report.

Here since you ask....

Surely that should be number one item on the news front page, with Roger Harridan (or whatever his name is) outlining how the UK is on track to save the planet, whereas the EU in general, France, Germany, Russia etc are not on track and will be directly responsible for the deaths of millions of polar bears or something.

A HYS thread could be filled with people congratulating HMG. The claims could be "Fact Checked" to confirm it is indeed the case and that the CTR is the most authoritative panel on the subject, whereas the likes of XR and Insulate Britain are a bunch of dribbling loons.

Or am I missing something?

Yes Greta said Boris is lying and the UK isnt doing enough - which oddly they did manage to report

Brexit Boris Tory global warming capitalism Grr

I profess myself bemused as to why the Beeb isn't trumpeting the fact that the UK is the only nation in the G20 that is on track to meet the 1.5C temperature rise limit as noted in the latest Climate Transparency Report.

Here since you ask....

Surely that should be number one item on the news front page, with Roger Harridan (or whatever his name is) outlining how the UK is on track to save the planet, whereas the EU in general, France, Germany, Russia etc are not on track and will be directly responsible for the deaths of millions of polar bears or something.

A HYS thread could be filled with people congratulating HMG. The claims could be "Fact Checked" to confirm it is indeed the case and that the CTR is the most authoritative panel on the subject, whereas the likes of XR and Insulate Britain are a bunch of dribbling loons.

I heard that the oft reported 1.5 degrees Celsius is actually mis reported where the research was conducted in degrees fahrenheit but was revered in order to make it look worse. What a hoot that would be.
A 1.5 degree f change would mean a -16.94444 Celcius change.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yes Greta said Boris is lying and the UK isnt doing enough - which oddly they did manage to report

Brexit Boris Tory global warming capitalism Grr
There have been several Boris Grrr opperchancities recently but @wetsmonkey has not bitten, which is so unlike him/her. Where has he/she gone?

a. deployed to COP26 in Glesgae and limited access to internet
or
b. gone on holiday with Boris

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
As did the Abbotamus & the other commie snip twitter "A reminder that Jeremy Corbyn, John McDonnell and Diane Abbott all gave character references for Claudia Webbe."

There is speculation she could face jail MP Claudia Webbe could face jail after harassment conviction
snip "Following the guilty verdict and a warning from the judge that she could face a prison sentence, Labour called for Webbe to quit her seat, which would trigger a byelection. Webbe protested her innocence and made it clear that she planned to continue as an MP!

The last bolded & underlined bit tells us that she will have to be dragged kicking & screaming out of Westminster as there is no way any sane person/company would ever employ her again, she'd have to resort to selling herself on the street to make a living again!
An opportunity for her predecessor to return to the fold? :)

There have been several Boris Grrr opperchancities recently but @wetsmonkey has not bitten, which is so unlike him/her. Where has he/she gone?

or
Maybe hanging about with these insulate Britain twats, or in jail - or has died and is now a puddle of bloated goo?

or

You just assumed gender, report yourself for re-education

Dread

LE

Here since you ask....

The BBC's take on the climate change report is here: Climate change: Carbon emissions from rich countries rose rapidly in 2021

Funnily enough, not a word about how well the UK is doing, just gloom about how badly the G20 are doing.

ScreenHunter_01 Oct. 14 16.29.gif

News you can trust...aye right.

Are they trying to convince us...or themselves?
They don’t need to convince themselves - they know they are right.

They are trying to convince everyone else.

Are they trying to convince us...or themselves?

Well Auld-Yin with the exception of the woke and gullible, I don't believe they are convincing anyone so it must be to convince themselves.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
View attachment 609939

News you can trust...aye right.
I trust them to get the facts right or at least to try to get the facts right within their understanding g of the issue.

It’s their interpretation of the facts that I don’t trust them on and their agenda as far as where they seek news thats I don’t trust.

Sir David Amess murdered by a Somali national. I wonder how the BBC will try to spin this one. ?