The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

The Woke BBC find nothing offensive about Claudia Webbe's acid comments...

0fb1f625-47b3-4788-9031-5fe43d5ad981-e3aaf035-6e81-46c5-a49f-2f5feac8521f

A measure of the distance that the BBC have diverged from decent journalism is encapsulated by stuff like this:

"Fuel shortages continue to cause problems across the UK . Let's go across to our political correspondent May Kittup in Wesminster"

Not "our business editor Ava Bargain in a greasy spoon on the A1" or even "our Transport correspondent Truxx in Leeming Truckstop"

So right from the outset the die is cast.

There is so much more that the Beeb should be doing here, properly digging into things, but no. Superficial coverage, lazy journalism and a propensity for saying nowt by way of correction (the "inform" bit of the charter) if folks get the wrong end of the stick.
The BBC are like an intelligence service without any HUMINT, as it recruits from London and the university system and so relies entirely on ELINT. So 40 years ago the Beeb may have visited a working class pub to try and gauge popular opinion, or read the gutter press who were obliged to give the people what they're wanted. Today the BBC check twitter and if pushed will visit a well to do mothers group of like minded people, or worst of all accept bad input data from political groups which is little more than propaganda and its treated as fact.

The BBC, they're don't have much clue about the working class in other countries either. The BBC view of america is the NBC view of america and the BBC view of Afghanistan was the finessed NATO view and view of europe is the brussels view.

To be fair to the BBC, their competitors do exactly the same thing and as I said to bigeye, the BBC is an expensive copy and paste job. When pressed enough, they're can produce decent stuff like the report in Helmand/Marjah but that is only after the fact and a desperate effort to try and understand why they're were so far out of touch.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Groupthink. It seems to be that the aim is to outdo peers such as Sky in terms of The Message/The Story.

This time, the story is the Tories’* and the bovine masses’ stupidity over Leave. We were warned; we were warned there’d be shortages. See? SEE?

Some but very scarce reporting of driver shortages being universal not just in the UK.** But no real acknowledgment of the fact that driver shortages are not new. No real acknowledgment of why suddenly there’s a fuel shortage.

Wait one. There isn’t a fuel shortage. There’s plenty of fuel. There’s a delivery issue such that ensuring there is enough at pumps is a challenge. What we need to be mindful of is not over-straining the delivery mechanism.

The real story is this: who stoked the fires of uncertainty? The government has pointed the finger at a rabid Remainer at the RHA who’s ex-BBC.

If it were he, and this were wartime, he’d have been shot for sabotage. It’s not but I still think he ought to face some kind of sanction.

*Never mind that Cameron was nakedly Remain. Leave = Tory = Racism.

**And when they did cover driver training, the baby driver interviewed was a young women not a man because, well, because.

Not BBC, but sort of linked. Nina Myskow was on Jeremy Vine's telly show this morning, usual anti government ranting etc. She really is becoming a nasty, bitter woman. Anyway, they were discussing the fuel issue and, of course, she blames it all on Brexit. She used the expression 'johnny foreigner' a lot. I doubt that someone not on the left would get away with that.
I thought she was long dead.

The BBC always seem to give the Labour Party an easy ride (listen to the Diane Abbott interview on Radio 4's Today this morning for example), so it came as no surprise when I read this subjective and sycophantic article about the appearance of this nasty piece of work at the Labour Party conference...

...I read his close friend is attending conference as well...

5903688-0-image-a-11_1541628568781.jpg

Last edited:

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not political bias but some idiot has just emailed ‘Morning Live’ to say she’s had the Covid jab, the flu vaccine and a shingles vaccine in a short space of time and wants to know if it’s safe. How ******* stupid are these people. Why not ask your doctor or the people giving you the jab? No, I’ll ask the BBC.

Amongst it all there was the joyous sight of LK on the 6 o'clock news having just suffered a deluge and having to deliver her conference propaganda dripping wet :D
F*ck Off!

Who do you think the poor sod on the roof with the camera was?

P.s She wasn't at all wet. There had been no rain at that time just very blustery wind - the rain came in later for the regional reports.

Amongst it all there was the joyous sight of LK on the 6 o'clock news having just suffered a deluge and having to deliver her conference propaganda dripping wet :D

Pity it wasn't ACID rain as espoused by the hideous Brand creature!!

Not political bias but some idiot has just emailed ‘Morning Live’ to say she’s had the Covid jab, the flu vaccine and a shingles vaccine in a short space of time and wants to know if it’s safe. How ******* stupid are these people. Why not ask your doctor or the people giving you the jab? No, I’ll ask the BBC.

My bold have you tried to speak to or even more unlikely, get a doctors appointment, or god forbid, the home visit?

243250970_1933751413464150_7293330126779410445_n.jpg

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Ask Facebook - they'll know.

Groupthink. It seems to be that the aim is to outdo peers such as Sky in terms of The Message/The Story.

This time, the story is the Tories’* and the bovine masses’ stupidity over Leave. We were warned; we were warned there’d be shortages. See? SEE?

Some but very scarce reporting of driver shortages being universal not just in the UK.** But no real acknowledgment of the fact that driver shortages are not new. No real acknowledgment of why suddenly there’s a fuel shortage.

Wait one. There isn’t a fuel shortage. There’s plenty of fuel. There’s a delivery issue such that ensuring there is enough at pumps is a challenge. What we need to be mindful of is not over-straining the delivery mechanism.

The real story is this: who stoked the fires of uncertainty? The government has pointed the finger at a rabid Remainer at the RHA who’s ex-BBC.

If it were he, and this were wartime, he’d have been shot for sabotage. It’s not but I still think he ought to face some kind of sanction.

*Never mind that Cameron was nakedly Remain. Leave = Tory = Racism.

**And when they did cover driver training, the baby driver interviewed was a young women not a man because, well, because.
You should have caught Channel 4 News asking the German SPD leader about fuel shortages in the United Kingdom and desperate for a hostile quote to start a political row. The BBC of course, tends to do that at a more sedate level and uses its myriad of 'cutouts' or 'insiders' of which the most inside is Katya Adler to pump out pro EU stories.

What is striking is how much everyone's opinion outside the UK matters deeply to the Media and BBC, especially when it aligns with its own thinking. So this engineered crisis is a nice segway into a return to 'brexit' stories and I would brace yourself, because every sector of the economy is now going to have a whinge.

I listened to a phone in on Five Live this morning. They had a Polish driver on, who, by his own admission, was “the only Polish HGV driver left in Glasgow”, as all his mates had gone home “months ago”.
He stated that he felt ‘disrespected’ by Brexit and no longer valued by the British people. No attempt to challenge him or ask him why he still chose to live in the UK.
That’s it then, peeps, it’s Brexit wot done it!
That is weird as it has been reported that Poland is short of 124,000 HGV drivers. Wonder where they all went to…

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
One way to help the driver crisis, and this is not an overnight solution, but open up the major northern rivers again as major entry ports. The Clyde, Forth, Tay and Tyne could have entry ports making the run of vehicles from the very south of England less of a necessity. The line seems to be from the south of Mersey/Humber having the monopoly.

The Freeports that BJ wants to open would greatly assist this, but of course these are vehemently being challenged by the SNP and to an extent by Labour.

F*ck Off!

Who do you think the poor sod on the roof with the camera was?

P.s She wasn't at all wet. There had been no rain at that time just very blustery wind - the rain came in later for the regional reports.
Well, go ahead and dampen my euphoria ffs!

Her hair was a wet mess, that's good enough for me ;)

Latest Threads