The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

PS - the Psalm 23 Garden at Chelsea won a gold
(Gratuitous Sally Phillips pic)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1632209493402.jpg
    FB_IMG_1632209493402.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 70
I have yet to figure out why doing Blackface is bad but it is OK for people of colour to Whiteface without an issue...look at White Chicks.

Lenny was smart enough to realise that he wasn't really funny enough as a comedian to go the distance as a comedian, so with the BBC willing to give him a platform he became one of the country's most lovable race hustlers even doing documentaries on the history of 'blackface'. Shame about that photograph though, makes him look like a hypocrite.

He was complaining a couple of weeks ago about endemic racism in showbusiness because BAME entertainers didn't have the proper makeup. Credit where it's due though, the majority of TV and radio commercials have BAME actors as the main characters and the depict most couples in the country being of mixed race are broadcast largely because advertisers were influenced by Lenny's rants.

My favourite is probably the 'happy family' ads, where a whole tribe (as it were) of two or three generations sits grouped around the telly or dinner table, grinning inanely. Some middle-aged or elderly black bloke is lording it in the middle. But everybody else is white. So who is he? If he has offspring in the picture, why are they gammon? Is he one of those grey-haired 'child refugees' from a few years ago, taken in by some kindly Corbynistas? Or is it one of those 'rich house/poor house' swaps, and he's up from Hackney on a recce? I remain mystified.

My favourite is probably the 'happy family' ads, where a whole tribe (as it were) of two or three generations sits grouped around the telly or dinner table, grinning inanely. Some middle-aged or elderly black bloke is lording it in the middle. But everybody else is white. So who is he? If he has offspring in the picture, why are they gammon? Is he one of those grey-haired 'child refugees' from a few years ago, taken in by some kindly Corbynistas? Or is it one of those 'rich house/poor house' swaps, and he's up from Hackney on a recce? I remain mystified.
He's the first 'Nigerian Prince'.

The original telegram asked for a £300 postal order to be sent and you will receive a 'surprise' back in the post within 6 to 8 weeks.

Surprise!

The butler perhaps.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Lenny was smart enough to realise that he wasn't really funny enough as a comedian to go the distance as a comedian, so with the BBC willing to give him a platform he became one of the country's most lovable race hustlers even doing documentaries on the history of 'blackface'. Shame about that photograph though, makes him look like a hypocrite.

He was complaining a couple of weeks ago about endemic racism in showbusiness because BAME entertainers didn't have the proper makeup. Credit where it's due though, the majority of TV and radio commercials have BAME actors as the main characters and the depict most couples in the country being of mixed race are broadcast largely because advertisers were influenced by Lenny's rants.
I have heard this before - I have heard it about make-up in general.

If there is a problem due to lack of supply and there is a market for it then the obvious solution is to set up a company to pitch the product. If there is not sufficient market share to do so and be commercially viable then that is the answer.

As Lenny is fairly well off I am sure that he and his fellow actors can pitch in so it could be ran at a loss.