The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

I'm just surprised that Pop isn't being played by Lennie Henry and Ma by Dianne Abbott! :rolleyes:
Because they should be a same sex couple not the old fashioned male/female combo you allude to.

Get with it Daddio FFS!

I think he just dropped a bollock, in the finest traditions of the BBC.
The why he dropped a bollock caught my eye... People have a tendency of looking at the chaos of the world and apply logic and its very hard to do that objectively, so you can often end up with an incomplete picture and then simply delete those inconvenient facts which spoil the picture.

The BBC hates and despises the British Empire and is entirely Republican in outlook and despises the monarchy. So the Americans and French Revolutionaries are the good guys to the BBC, but those people failed to deliver revolution to our homes and so the BBC sees itself as an extension of that revolutionary movement and how far have we come from a public broadcaster that once celebrated our shared journey to one that so despises the people.

I'll leave this here ...

The B B C are pushing the Food Shortage Story
Will they Cancel the Cooking Programs?
Or are we Being Sold a Turkey?
1f983.png

ITV are remaking The Darling Buds of May with Bradley Walch cast as Pop Larkin...

You may remember in the original series, Catherine Zeta-Jones played his daughter Mariette who was in love with Charlie, a blond bespectacled young man.

Here is the new Charlie...

View attachment 605249

"I luv yer daw er, Pop...yer know wha I an mean an I'm arkzing for for yur permission to marry her, innit blud."
Is Tok short for token?

The Finest Hours - BBC2 17:10-19:00

It is Battle of Britain Sunday, so a tribute referencing Churchill's post-Dunkirk speech would seem to be a bit odd. However, this is the BBC so it's a not the related 1964 film, but something about US Coastguards effecting a rescue based on a real event.

Funny bunch at the Beeb.

PS - the BBC don't normally like the Yanks.

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
The Finest Hours - BBC2 17:10-19:00

It is Battle of Britain Sunday, so a tribute referencing Churchill's post-Dunkirk speech would seem to be a bit odd. However, this is the BBC so it's a not the related 1964 film, but something about US Coastguards effecting an rescue based on a real event.

Funny bunch at the Beeb.

PS - the BBC don't normally like the Yanks.

No, but the children of uncertain but no doubt illegitimate parentage hate us more, and they utterly hate Churchill.

This current bunch would be cheering on Fatty Herman's boys, that's for sure. Even if they did get their building bombed...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Because they should be a same sex couple not the old fashioned male/female combo you allude to.

Get with it Daddio FFS!
Ok, how about Diane Abbott as Pop and Lenny Henry as Ma? Would that satisfy your perversion woke outlook?

Ok, how about Diane Abbott as Pop and Lenny Henry as Ma? Would that satisfy your perversion woke outlook?
Yes,

That's more like it thank you.

Albeit please delete your hideously white terminology of 'Ma' and 'Pop' as they are gangsta street slang for shooting ones Grandmother.

You mother.

syrup

LE
ITV are remaking The Darling Buds of May with Bradley Walch cast as Pop Larkin...

You may remember in the original series, Catherine Zeta-Jones played his daughter Mariette who was in love with Charlie, a blond bespectacled young man.

View attachment 605249

"I luv yer daw er, Pop...yer know wha I an mean an I'm arkzing for for yur permission to marry her, innit blud."

The original series is showing on ITV 3 week nights at 17:00ish.

This current bunch would be cheering on Fatty Herman's boys, that's for sure. Even if they did get their building bombed...
I’m old enough - and privileged enough - to remember Frank Phillips, the superb Home Service announcer who was second only to Churchill as the voice of wartime Britain. (He can be heard reporting the results of the Dam Busters raid towards the end of the 1955 film.) Thank God he is not alive today, for he would be beside himself with grief, bewilderment and anger at the scurrilous, near-treasonable shambles that his beloved BBC has in large part been reduced to.

I’m old enough - and privileged enough - to remember Frank Phillips, the superb Home Service announcer who was second only to Churchill as the voice of wartime Britain. (He can be heard reporting the results of the Dam Busters raid towards the end of the 1955 film.) Thank God he is not alive today, for he would be beside himself with grief, bewilderment and anger at the scurrilous, near-treasonable shambles that his beloved BBC has in large part been reduced to.
Or, as he would have phrased it, "The near-treasonable state to which his beloved BBC has, in large part, been reduced."

Last edited:
Or, as he would have no phrased it, "The near-treasonable state to which his beloved BBC has, in large part, been reduced."
I assume you mean Churchill, rather than Phillips. If so, then yes, but sardonically. Like Canute and the tide, his putative "up with which I will not put" ranks among the most widely misunderstood of anecdotes.

View attachment 605249

Does anyone still even watch ITV? From scrolling through the channel selections and briefly noting it’s content, it appears to consist largely of soaps, third rate drama and reality TV dross. In comparison, even channels 4 and 5 sometimes knock out a half interesting documentary.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

There you go mate.

The comments section isn't much better.
Jesus Christ.

Well I'm glad they've tackled the key issue facing young people in Britain; you can't move for roving gangs of tooled-up Gammon these days in the suburbs after dark. Far more of a threat to the littluns than parental neglect or paedophile rings, no doubt.

Does anyone still even watch ITV? From scrolling through the channel selections and briefly noting it’s content, it appears to consist largely of soaps, third rate drama and reality TV dross. In comparison, even channels 4 and 5 sometimes knock out a half interesting documentary.
True, but Corrie and Emmerdale are the panem et circences of the teeming, open-mouthed millions.

I assume you mean Churchill, rather than Phillips. If so, then yes, but sardonically. Like Canute and the tide, his putative "up with which I will not put" ranks among the most widely misunderstood of anecdotes.

Not to mention misattributed.

Latest Threads