The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Pretty stupid decision by the BBC. A sort of 'sod you' to the government.
And, that aside, she clearly isn't impartial (or at least hasn't hidden her views) and how can she advocate for and defend impartiality when she is as far from being impartial as possible?
And she looks smug as f*** in her photos too.
They always do. It's the look that says "because of my opinions and connections, I will never struggle to find a job nor be undervalued or underpaid. And I'll make sure I hire plenty of other Guardian-reading types so in the end no one of right wing opinion will work in the media and it'll end up a soft left urban echo chamber."

Not BBC but much heralded crime series Night Stalker. I wonder if black rapist delroy grant will be substituted by a white actor ?

TamH70

MIA
It‘s happened.

‘Faggot’ in Fairytale of New York. (Despite it being an old term for a slovenly individual, not a slur against gays.)

‘One less white n***er’ in Oliver’s Army.* (Despite it not being aimed at black people.)

The wholly ’sexually predator’ nature of Baby it’s cold outside. (Despite the opposite being the case.)

…although note that that comment is from 2017.

*Yes, that is legitimate use of the n-word.

Indeed. In the version of the song with Tom Jones and Cerys Phwoar, I mean Matthews, in the video it's made clear who's in charge from the start and it isn't the Welsh Windbag (male version). As for how it ends, watch:

Last edited:
Indeed. In the version of the song with Tom Jones and Cerys Phwoar, I mean Matthews, in the video it's made clear whose in charge from the start and it isn't the Welsh Windbag. As for how it ends, watch:

They're both Welsh windbags!

They always do. It's the look that says "because of my opinions and connections, I will never struggle to find a job nor be undervalued or underpaid. And I'll make sure I hire plenty of other Guardian-reading types so in the end no one of right wing opinion will work in the media and it'll end up a soft left urban echo chamber."
Flick on the echo chamber that passes for debate and what do you see ?
Lets say you have a panel of 5 people. The tory is usually on the defensive right from the off, because at least 3 of those panelists and the BBC moderator are progressives. The fifth person is supposed to reflect the working class and is often as not someone who sits on the fence and tries to keep the planted audience sweet.

Every debate is framed in a way that demands 'Something must be done' and is usually a subject beloved of the progressives and taken straight off twitter. The staggering amount of debt this and every other western country is running to keep its population sweet is a very dangerous situation and we are as ever, a week away from riots if the economy ever tanked and the shops are shut.

An adult debate of the real issues is what we need from the national broadcaster, but they're are so cosy and comfortable the wealthy that they're simply can't ever see the good times coming to an end (brexit shook them to the core and that was a minor thing).

Well spotted. Will edit.

... You picky so-and-so!
Well, it's pedantry that keeps me going.

Also - one is a Welsh windbag legend, the other is a Welsh windbag druggie ;)

Aukus: UK, US and Australia pact signals Asia-Pacific power shift

Not so much overt political bias as sheer ignorance. The very first sentence reads :

"A new security partnership in the Asia Pacific will see the UK and US provide Australia with the technology and capability to deploy nuclear-armed submarines."

Which anyone with the slightest attention span would have picked up from any of the other press-releases / media coverage. To be fair they then completely contradict themselves further down the article -

"They will not be nuclear armed, only powered with nuclear reactors."

The editorial team - if there is one - need some lessons in the basics.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Aukus: UK, US and Australia pact signals Asia-Pacific power shift

Not so much overt political bias as sheer ignorance. The very first sentence reads :

"A new security partnership in the Asia Pacific will see the UK and US provide Australia with the technology and capability to deploy nuclear-armed submarines."

Which anyone with the slightest attention span would have picked up from any of the other press-releases / media coverage. To be fair they then completely contradict themselves further down the article -

"They will not be nuclear armed, only powered with nuclear reactors."

The editorial team - if there is one - need some lessons in the basics.
Obviously someone is checking BBC web pages as that first sentence has now been changed from "nuclear armed" to "nuclear powered"!

Obviously someone is checking BBC web pages as that first sentence has now been changed from "nuclear armed" to "nuclear powered"!

But will the person who put up a black (shurely 'got it obviously and publicly wrong' ?) find themselves awarded a black mark (shurely something else?). If so, I hope they won't suffer from black dog (shurely 'Ni99er' ? - shurely 'depression' ?)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
But will the person who put up a black (shurely 'got it obviously and publicly wrong' ?) find themselves awarded a black mark (shurely something else?). If so, I hope they won't suffer from black dog (shurely 'Ni99er' ? - shurely 'depression' ?)
What a niggardly post ;)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Well, it's pedantry that keeps me going.

Also - one is a Welsh windbag legend, the other is a Welsh windbag druggie ;)
Well, here's someone who got elbowed by some sultry taff totty in the Night Owl in Penally then.....

There there, Sais ......Cerys might lend you a tissue if you cry hard enough !

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Surprised it doesn't now read nucular powered.

Well, here's someone who got elbowed by some sultry taff totty in the Night Owl in Penally then.....

There there, Sais ......Cerys might lend you a tissue if you cry hard enough !
Sais? Sais?

I'll shove a leek up your arrse!

Last edited:

Truxx

LE
Posted elsewhere and not the BBC per se, but a clear combat indicator for the direction of travel broadcast media wise.

On the subject of "diversity".

I sit on the council of a national charity. In order to publicise the work of the charity we have attracted a TV production company who are pitching a series on our work to Ch4. Who are very keen.

So far so good.

The Council met on Tuesday for a regular board meeting and were briefed, by the producer and presenter (a reasonably well known person)

Long story short the production company have now been appraised of the Ch4 diversity requirement. Part of which, and this apparently was in writing, was that no new programme or production would be comissioned or broadcast unless either the main presenter, or co-presenter, was BAME.

Full stop. No ifs or buts. Not implicit, not quietly spoken about , but there, specific and written policy. And by BAME what they really mean is B.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Posted elsewhere and not the BBC per se, but a clear combat indicator for the direction of travel broadcast media wise.

On the subject of "diversity".

I sit on the council of a national charity. In order to publicise the work of the charity we have attracted a TV production company who are pitching a series on our work to Ch4. Who are very keen.

So far so good.

The Council met on Tuesday for a regular board meeting and were briefed, by the producer and presenter (a reasonably well known person)

Long story short the production company have now been appraised of the Ch4 diversity requirement. Part of which, and this apparently was in writing, was that no new programme or production would be comissioned or broadcast unless either the main presenter, or co-presenter, was BAME.

Full stop. No ifs or buts. Not implicit, not quietly spoken about , but there, specific and written policy. And by BAME what they really mean is B.
This is getting like the Middle East where the top job was always to be held by an Arab (Prince?) but the real work was done by their European deputy!

Latest Threads