The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It was "lagged badly" not "like an elephant unloading after a night on the beer".

He's so old and with an ancient prostate he can probably only pee dust (or there's a bag attached).
That's no way to talk about Kamala! (Where is she these days, she doen't appear a lot)

A couple of days ago there was a debate 'What can we do to stop the booers'. The default position was that all booers were racist. No alternative viewpoint was allowed. The entire debate was binary structured along the lines of knee takers = heroes, booers = cowardly racists. All participating talking heads reinforced the agenda.

I heard exactly that on BBC R4 this morning !

The female presenter said it was 'proof of the existence of racism in Britain today'.
Astonishing that she could conceive of no other possible reason.

Now, I realise its my own fault but it is hard to break the 40+ year morning habit of wandering into kitchen, turning on kettle, turning on R4 and more often than not smashing the Off button within a few seconds.

Shame GB News is not doing a radio programme. I will just have to put a little TV in the kitchen I guess.

That's no way to talk about Kamala! (Where is she these days, she doen't appear a lot)
According to the BBC she is busy doing something with immigrants; which is OK unless Trump says the exact same thing(s).

Apologies if already known or covered elswhere.

Regarding the Belfast Agreement/Good Friday Agreement, a pdf of which can be found here

I refer m'learned colleagues to the third page where, under the section "Constitutional issues", subsection (ii), it states clearly that, [The participants]....recognise that it is for the people of the island of Ireland alone....without external impediment, to exercise their right of self-determination..."

In other words, neither the Americans nor the EU have any right whatsoever to interfere in Irish politics. To do otherwise is a breach of the GFA itself and should be called out as such.

Meanwhile elsewhere on Al Beeb news presenters are referring consistently to, "the imperialist Cecil Rhodes" and "the transatlantic slave trader Edward Colston".

OZ
In the eyes of the Beeb and the Intelligentsia that run all our institutions. Its the United Kingdom who are in breach of the GFA, by democratically voting ourselves out of the EU. Then without care or debate with our partners and co-signatories overseas, compounded the evil by voting Boris a massive majority. Finally to get a deal, Boris quite treacherously surrendered a part of NI Sovereignty and neatly sidestepped the trap laid for him and put the ball back into the court of the parties who held firm on the GFA.

The BBC is as I've said time and again is a useful idiot recruiting tool for conservative votes. But, that aside allowing its continued existence has downsides and one of those is its pumping out a lot of twisted messaging to the world about racist britain.

'Politics Live' BBC2. The discussion centred on biden and sausage wars. Panel characteristically loaded against government, included wack job moran and richard madeley, discussing whether govs stance was 'lawful'. Odd because madeley's knowledge of the law prior to this seemed confined to the art of how to get off a shoplifting charge on grounds of lapse of memory'....the duplicitous cock

'Politics Live' BBC2. The discussion centred on biden and sausage wars. Panel characteristically loaded against government included wack job moran and richard madeley, discussed whether govs stance was 'lawful'. Odd because madeley's knowledge of the law seemed confined to the art of how to get off a shoplifting charge on grounds of lapse of memory'....the duplicitous cock
Moran - is she the Deputy Leader or failed Leadership contender of the Party with less than 10 MPs?
Who gives a toss what she thinks? The BBC of course!
As for Madeley - he must be so bitter and twisted to see how his missus, the once delectable Judy, turned out! :-D

Moran - is she the Deputy Leader or failed Leadership contender of the Party with less than 10 MPs?
Who gives a toss what she thinks? The BBC of course!
As for Madeley - he must be so bitter and twisted to see how his missus, the once delectable Judy, turned out! :-D
It is 'Acting Co-Leader' for what little that is worth.

I rejoice every time moran is on my screen. All normal, well adjusted people must mumble to themselves. 'Not that, for fu ck's sake anything but that'.

' Pinch' madeley may be chained to an old parchment bag but she is a rich old parchment bag who can keep him in permatan..

Last edited:
'Politics Live' BBC2. The discussion centred on biden and sausage wars. Panel characteristically loaded against government, included wack job moran and richard madeley, discussing whether govs stance was 'lawful'. Odd because madeley's knowledge of the law prior to this seemed confined to the art of how to get off a shoplifting charge on grounds of lapse of memory'....the duplicitous cock
In the courts eyes, the very existence of Boris Johnson is an affront to the law. The why is as said many times, a PM's Job is he/she should only be listening to the gilded ones and bravely implementing policy that flies in the face of the popular will of the people.

Moran I saw in the foreign aid debate and she came across as essentially unhinged. People like her is why Parliament has such a low reputation in the country and why so many people simply don't bother voting at all.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
The issue there is that no camera would be trained on the protestors. An audible objection stops that happening.
Perhaps singing 'Ole Man River' whilst standing with backs to the political campaigners?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
According to the BBC she is busy doing something with immigrants; which is OK unless Trump says the exact same thing(s).

Apologies if already known or covered elswhere.
I was so angry at that . She repeated stuff Trump was saying, yet he's a fascist villain and she's some sort of angel. I despair.

Apologies if it's already been done, in here or on another thread, but is anyone running a sweepstake on Louise Minchin's replacement? Will it be a QWERTY or one of the 3.3%?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Apologies if it's already been done, in here or on another thread, but is anyone running a sweepstake on Louise Minchin's replacement? Will it be a QWERTY or one of the 3.3%?
This from a post concerning Louise Minchin on the Milf thread:
"Sally Nugent, who currently presents the show’s sports bulletins alongside Mike Bushell, has been appearing on the BBC Breakfast couch on a freelance basis since 2011, which means she could be a contender for the spot.

As the first black woman to present the ITV News At Ten, Charlene White has held a number of senior positions at the BBC, meaning this could be an appealing prospect for her."

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
This from a post concerning Louise Minchin on the Milf thread:
"Sally Nugent, who currently presents the show’s sports bulletins alongside Mike Bushell, has been appearing on the BBC Breakfast couch on a freelance basis since 2011, which means she could be a contender for the spot.

As the first black woman to present the ITV News At Ten, Charlene White has held a number of senior positions at the BBC, meaning this could be an appealing prospect for her."
So, appoint by skin colour? Isn't that racist? Doesn't it diminish Charlene's self esteem to know she got the job because she is black, not because she is the best candidate?

TamH70

MIA
So, appoint by skin colour? Isn't that racist? Doesn't it diminish Charlene's self esteem to know she got the job because she is black, not because she is the best candidate?

I only gave that a Funny because if Charlene is like any other media luvvy, self-esteem pales into gross insignificance next to lucre. And if she works for ITV on the "news" and is thinking about a cushy number at the Beeb doing the same job, she is EXACTLY like any other media luvvy.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I only gave that a Funny because if Charlene is like any other media luvvy, self-esteem pales into gross insignificance next to lucre. And if she works for ITV on the "news" and is thinking about a cushy number at the Beeb doing the same job, she is EXACTLY like any other media luvvy.
She's just taken a regular spot on Loose Women on ITV.

Latest Threads