Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

They're not economic migrants, but 'desperate' people, 'fleeing oppression' and many are 'children'. This is a case example, of something now repeated word for word across all the broadcast media....

What I find interesting about the BBC, is it claims to be different, but on so many issues it rarely gives a different stance on a subjective story, but generally gives a watered down steer of the collective view of the media. If all the media has only one version of the truth, then how can it claim to be free and representative of the country as a whole ?

Not sure what her political stance is but Carole Kirkwood’s just informed me during her weather forecast that there are “plenty of doggers” in Greenwich Park. Tops.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
They're not economic migrants, but 'desperate' people, 'fleeing oppression' and many are 'children'. This is a case example, of something now repeated word for word across all the broadcast media....

What I find interesting about the BBC, is it claims to be different, but on so many issues it rarely gives a different stance on a subjective story, but generally gives a watered down steer of the collective view of the media. If all the media has only one version of the truth, then how can it claim to be free and representative of the country as a whole ?
What is the current procedure on landing...?

"Doctors and nurses stand on the left. Engineers and scientists stand on the right. Pregnant women and babies remain where you are."

I think you'll find we already trained them and flung them out of the country the day after the referendum.
I s*** you not, the BBC programme 'The Papers' on sunday morning and the two talking heads made it absolutely clear that the cross channel invasion could have been dealt with, eh, if we hadn't left the EU.... Given when we were members, I hadn't noticed any slackening off migration, the BBC really doesn't see how far its objectivity is largely a myth.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
A succinct statement of the current route to hell in a handcart the BBC has managed to navigate itself onto:

Is that that the same as the EU Returns Directive (Law) that says that they should have been given residency by france or returned to their country of origin in the first place?
As ever, coos erse and banjo comes to mind. We left to take back control remember? We need France to do it for us?

Even Priti knows it's complex and difficult, that should be a clue.

What's the main country of origin for illegal immigrants to France? How many immigrants are from places unknown, because they have no identification? It's complex....it needs international solutions....whisper it but foreign aid can help. It's predicted to get worse...

Truxx

LE
As ever, coos erse and banjo comes to mind. We left to take back control remember? We need France to do it for us?

Even Priti knows it's complex and difficult, that should be a clue.

What's the main country of origin for illegal immigrants to France? How many immigrants are from places unknown, because they have no identification? It's complex....it needs international solutions....whisper it but foreign aid can help. It's predicted to get worse...
But according to the EU it is their problem.

They have a whole regulation and a set of return agreements to prove it. And, to their credit, they returned 40%. But the abject failure to deal with the rest says much about the construct.

A succinct statement of the current route to hell in a handcart the BBC has managed to navigate itself onto:

The BBC as it stands today is finished, as the licence fee is starting to have the same aroma of the poll tax and that is not a firm footing for reform and make no mistake, the BBC only chance of survival is reform and its failed the first test with this policy.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The BBC as it stands today is finished, as the licence fee is starting to have the same aroma of the poll tax and that is not a firm footing for reform and make no mistake, the BBC only chance of survival is reform and its failed the first test with this policy.
I think the BBC top dogs know that and are lining themselves up to move to advertising - hence the channels that do Dave, Gold etc. I also notice that the BBC now not only advertise ITV programmes but when lining up some programmes they are done in cooperation with itv. When I next see that on screen I will try to get a screenshot and/or name of show.

The BBC should not just be handed over to the BBC executives but turned into shares which are sold off with the tax payer getting the benefit. Current and recent VS executives and their families, should be barred from buying shares for five years. I get the feeling the BBC board seem to think they will just make themselves millionaires overnight - that needs stopping.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I get the feeling the BBC board seem to think they will just make themselves millionaires overnight - that needs stopping.
Possibly because that happened with previous privations. Look at such as the gas sell-off. Anonymous civil servants who'd sat in post for years suddenly got top-flight salaries.

The justification was that that was what the market rate was. The reality was that if those people were any good the private sector would have poached them long ago.

The same, I'd suggest, applies to many in the BBC apparatus. Certainly, you wouldn't see many of their decisions being made/successful in a commercial setting.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I heard the last half of this exchange between Nick Robinson and Health Minister Ed Argar live this morning, and thought Robinson had got a bit of a kicking. Guido Fawkes has kindly obliged in confirming it:

The tone of the interview is as usual snide and suggestive of corruption: "I'm not in any sense suggesting that you had anything to do with the contracts" oh really? but "Many people say there is an inclination amongst Tory ministers that friends, contacts, people who they've worked with...should be given the money...this is part of a pattern".

Thankfully Argar punted this insinuation away with ease, leaving Robinson looking rather ill informed, and dare I say biased.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I heard the last half of this exchange between Nick Robinson and Health Minister Ed Argar live this morning, and thought Robinson had got a bit of a kicking. Guido Fawkes has kindly obliged in confirming it:

The tone of the interview is as usual snide and suggestive of corruption: "I'm not in any sense suggesting that you had anything to do with the contracts" oh really? but "Many people say there is an inclination amongst Tory ministers that friends, contacts, people who they've worked with...should be given the money...this is part of a pattern".

Thankfully Argar punted this insinuation away with ease, leaving Robinson looking rather ill informed, and dare I say biased.
Many people, who err I can't ummm name for aaaah reasons. . .

I think the BBC top dogs know that and are lining themselves up to move to advertising - hence the channels that do Dave, Gold etc. I also notice that the BBC now not only advertise ITV programmes but when lining up some programmes they are done in cooperation with itv. When I next see that on screen I will try to get a screenshot and/or name of show.

The BBC should not just be handed over to the BBC executives but turned into shares which are sold off with the tax payer getting the benefit. Current and recent VS executives and their families, should be barred from buying shares for five years. I get the feeling the BBC board seem to think they will just make themselves millionaires overnight - that needs stopping.
I saw another odd thing a few nights ago.
Some sort of promo for all five terrestrial channels. No idea what that’s about.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Some sort of promo for all five terrestrial channels. No idea what that’s about.
I have seen some stories that the commercial TV stations are struggling a bit as advertising revenue is dropping due to social media stealing it. Maybe the BBC is lining itself up as the top dog in a terrestrial v sky setup. Would not surprise me in the least.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I have seen some stories that the commercial TV stations are struggling a bit as advertising revenue is dropping due to social media stealing it. Maybe the BBC is lining itself up as the top dog in a terrestrial v sky setup. Would not surprise me in the least.
It's basically letting you know that Britbox is now available across all 5 channels.

I can't see any privatisation working, because its creative content has been on a steep decline for years and its largely now fixed on social justice, to the exclusion of the truth. Ten years ago, it was still producing occassional classics and may well have been able to survive, but its probably missed the bus and its extensive back catalogue of shows have already been flogged to death and a declining value in my view.

Latest Threads