The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Did not a French politician criticise Diane Abbott over her statement that those people coming here are fleeing from war and tyranny? It was pointed out that France is currently a fairly safe place.

This country shouldn't have a refugee problem. It's an island off the edge of a large and relatively politically stable land mass. It does have a problem with economic migrants, though.
We have enough migrants from air and vehicular travel and this situation is proof of what a soft touch we really are. I liked the BBC comment about the french wanting more cash, on top of what we already dole out to patrol a bit better.

Were stuck in a perpetual loop, of:-
1. Unsolvable problem, chuck some millions at it.
2. Somebody points out its cheaper to just let them in.
3. People complain about the influx and the government does something which raises the hackles of the legal soft touches.
4. Go back to doling out money.

We have enough migrants from air and vehicular travel and this situation is proof of what a soft touch we really are. I liked the BBC comment about the french wanting more cash, on top of what we already dole out to patrol a bit better.

Were stuck in a perpetual loop, of:-
1. Unsolvable problem, chuck some millions at it.
2. Somebody points out its cheaper to just let them in.
3. People complain about the influx and the government does something which raises the hackles of the legal soft touches.
4. Go back to doling out money.
Still looking for those links?

Did not a French politician criticise Diane Abbott over her statement that those people coming here are fleeing from war and tyranny? It was pointed out that France is currently a fairly safe place.

This country shouldn't have a refugee problem. It's an island off the edge of a large and relatively politically stable land mass. It does have a problem with economic migrants, though.
It's weird why they want to come to racist - Brexit - UK anyway.

This time next year we'll be living in caves and the EU will be prospering and laughing at us.

If what Remainers say is right (though to be fair they've been promising us financial Armageddon for years now).

Why?

Why does the DG feel the need to tie himself into a Gordian Knot of wokeness by taking a virtual knee over this storm looking for a teacup?

. . . and why does the BBC believe that this hand wringing is 'Breaking News'?

Last edited:
Just saw the BBC Health Correspondent giving us the day's Covid update - I'm not sure she should be out being borderline obese.

Probably just elegantly showing the wonderful sense of Irony us Brits have.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Why?

Why does the DG feel the need to tie himself into a Gordian Knot of wokeness by taking a virtual knee over this storm looking for a teacup?

. . . and why does the BBC believe that this hand wringing 'Breaking News'?
Obviously the BLM lot are looking for a whitewash!

NSP

LE

Why?

. . . and why does the BBC believe that this hand wringing is 'Breaking News'?
That racist git Lammy devoted pretty much his entire afternoon on LBC today yesterday fellating himself over this issue.

That racist git Lammy devoted pretty much his entire afternoon on LBC today yesterday fellating himself over this issue.
I’m sorry, but why would anyone want to tune into LBC to listen to that one-eyed tosser? That show has to be right up there with the worst USP on the Planet!
“Coming down the pub mate”?
“Nah, think I’ll stay in and catch a bit of David Lammy on LBC”! :rofl:

I’m sorry, but why would anyone want to tune into LBC to listen to that one-eyed tosser? That show has to be right up there with the worst USP on the Planet!
Like many others who discovered LBC as a refreshing alternative to BBC, I nearly gave it up. I do try to listen to Maajid's shows at the weekend as he is leagues ahead of his colleagues. I sometimes listen to Iain Dale and Nick Abbott but that's about it now. Talk Radio has some great presenters. I listen via Internet as virtually all DAB+ radios are made in China. Taiwan/ROC would be ok. Prefer not to fund the PRC these days.

NSP

LE
I had it on as background and, although I don't dig his politics, Majid Naawaz is an intelligent and thoughtful speaker and I don't mind him, and he was on before Lammy sparked up.

NSP

LE
Like many others who discovered LBC as a refreshing alternative to BBC, I nearly gave it up. I do try to listen to Maajid's shows at the weekend as he is leagues ahead of his colleagues. I sometimes listen to Iain Dale and Nick Abbott but that's about it now. Talk Radio has some great presenters. I listen via Internet as virtually all DAB+ radios are made in China. Taiwan/ROC would be ok. Prefer not to fund the PRC these days.
Iain Dale does some pretty good eviscerations of political arseclowns of all colours, mind.

I had it on as background and, although I don't dig his politics, Majid Naawaz is an intelligent and thoughtful speaker and I don't mind him.
Not getting at you mucker, just making an observation on the utter pointlessness of Lammy!
As an aside, that’s both you and @Electromagnetic have commented on how good Naawaz is - I must check him out.

NSP

LE
Not getting at you mucker, just making an observation on the utter pointlessness of Lammy!
As an aside, that’s both you and @Electromagnetic have commented on how good Naawaz is - I must check him out.
Oh, I don't think there's any doubt as to the pointlessness of Lammy!

I don't agree with Maajid on everything but he does promote critical thinking and logic and doesn't suffer fools or trolls on his show. He does get calls from some belters but also some excellent callers too. He is actively pursuing China over the uyghurs and has got enough signatures to have the matter debated in parliament. He did a one week hunger strike for that. He was a Lib dem but recently said he is not in a party. Interesting. Given that Brexit is going ahead, which he accepts, I wonder if he would consider the Social Democrats as a sane centre alternative. However I suspect he is leaning towards a Starmer labour party. Don't let that put you off though.

Just saw the BBC Health Correspondent giving us the day's Covid update - I'm not sure she should be out being borderline obese.

Probably just elegantly showing the wonderful sense of Irony us Brits have.
Any views out there on the new Times Radio ?

Latest Threads