The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

What would she have challenged him on? They have no policies other than "a. We are not Conservatives and b. we would do the same things they are doing just slightly differently."

Ask yourself if SKS landed any blows.

Fair point. But when he mentioned "Tory sleaze" she could have challenged him on any of a number of Labour problems - for example, anti-semitism.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What would she have challenged him on? They have no policies other than "a. We are not Conservatives and b. we would do the same things they are doing just slightly differently."

Ask yourself if SKS landed any blows.
Not really landed any blows but Starmer mentioning the amount of Tory sleaze, when the investigations are ongoing, may be a bit out of order! No attempt made to point out that there is a string of Labour MPs waiting court cases!

Personally I think that the sleaze story will soften after the elections and not pushed so hard as the Labour Party can't stand up to much in this area either. The whole sleaze affair(s) have been trumpeted by Labour/SNP in the run up when both Parties are just as bad if not worse, purely to get this in to the voters' minds in the ballot booth.

Minchin did ask him about his photo op on John Lewis and was that not just a stunt - Starmer said no as he was supporting the great British retail sector and that there was nothing wrong with John Lewis. He did look quite embarrassed when he said that though. :)

Not really landed any blows but Starmer mentioning the amount of Tory sleaze, when the investigations are ongoing, may be a bit out of order! No attempt made to point out that there is a string of Labour MPs waiting court cases!

Personally I think that the sleaze story will soften after the elections and not pushed so hard as the Labour Party can't stand up to much in this area either. The whole sleaze affair(s) have been trumpeted by Labour/SNP in the run up when both Parties are just as bad if not worse, purely to get this in to the voters' minds in the ballot booth.

Minchin did ask him about his photo op on John Lewis and was that not just a stunt - Starmer said no as he was supporting the great British retail sector and that there was nothing wrong with John Lewis. He did look quite embarrassed when he said that though. :)
The beauty of the sleaze attack line, is all your waiting for is another tory to cross a line and you can roll it out again and again. The media building up a gradual political picture and then equate all that with the culture that comes from the top is suspect and you have a weapon that never stops taking its toll.

My sense is the media are a bit glum at the mo and in the short term the news cycle has shifted to a hope that scotland votes the SNP a majority and places the nation in a crisis that will place the PM into a position of thwarting democracy, or we have another lockdown later this year.

I dislike the PMs green stuff and despise andrew mitchell with an absolute passion. So if all else fails you can expect the media will give the PM lots of good headlines on subjects designed to irritate other conservatives.

NSP

LE
Turned TV on - BBC1 Breakfast today - and heard that Keir Starmer would shortly be interviewed in the studio. Thought OK, I'll give it a go. Eleven and a half minutes of uninterrupted platitudes followed, including the obligatory "Tory sleaze".

Louise Minchen gave him a very, very gentle time. Seriously, not one interruption. Mrs W said I was being unreasonable; it was simply that LM's manners were improving.....
Ms. Minchen can be rude to me any time she likes.

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
You sure on the abuse front? He got a bit of stick for his defence of LK, but not more than others have received here. He has dropped out for a while before.
More likely he's away somewhere taking pictures of real news. Which means not working for the Bolshevik Broadcasting Company at the moment.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
How about Saffers? The speed and efficiency with which the cANCer are addressing the covid vaccine issue means a short holiday in the UK would probably be a quicker way to get jabbed, even with the visa hoop jumping cake and arse party.
We have to get away from the archaic constructs of white colonialist science.

Eat some fresh fruit. That will cure you, and anyone who disagrees will be struck by lightning.

My older sister, who lives in Lincoln , was telling me at the weekend , the Polish and Romainian jobs (EU free movement into UK prior to brexit , are now being take by Russian and Bellarus workers , coming over on work visas to make decent money (compared with what they'd earn at home).... not be long now until there is no shortage of foreign field workers, and students improving their English , (may even get a couple of them interested in Lincoln catherdral and its magnificent spire,)

starting to show projekt fear up again, there is always someone waiting to fill an open job if they are allowed, thing is , they aren't going to turn up in uncontrolled numbers and place the local infrastructure in jepordy, or bring their entire families with them unless they too are working , and also on a temp. work prermit

We have to get away from the archaic constructs of white colonialist science.

Eat some fresh fruit. That will cure you, and anyone who disagrees will be struck by lightning.

Dashed fine idea. Beetroot and garlic and gnawing on an African potato will prevent HIV as well.

To be fair, beetroot will prevent HIV. Won't cure it but will prevent it, depending on where you insert the beetroot.

Dashed fine idea. Beetroot and garlic and gnawing on an African potato will prevent HIV as well.

To be fair, beetroot will prevent HIV. Won't cure it but will prevent it, depending on where you insert the beetroot.
The gambian president had the cure for HIV, which was an elixir patented and sold out of the presidential palace.

Latest Threads