The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Three times, for emphasis.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
HMGovernment, not the Krankies county council.
I think that might not be within the power of the Westminster mob, unless they keep it to Cumbria/Northumbria.

So those who do choose to have a TV are contemptible and fools to pay the licence fee ?
Where did I say that? if you choose to watch live TV and to pay a licence fee, that's your choice. Which you then whine incessantly about. You're a bit Mary Whitehouse in that respect, watching stuff to be outraged.
You claim to be a logical person and choose to come onto a thread which covers the BBC bias and resentment that licence fee payers have towards the institution. But don't have a TV yourself. In truth, you come on here to bait people and that is all.
I come here in wonderment at how people can be so oppressed. Once again, the BBC isn't just its TV channels.

There's another four years or so before you lot catch up with the SNP activists, you'll be permanently outraged with exploding heids by then. Eh sockie?

Where did I say that? if you choose to watch live TV and to pay a licence fee, that's your choice. Which you then whine incessantly about. You're a bit Mary Whitehouse in that respect, watching stuff to be outraged.
I come here in wonderment at how people can be so oppressed. Once again, the BBC isn't just its TV channels.

There's another four years or so before you lot catch up with the SNP activists, you'll be permanently outraged with exploding heids by then. Eh sockie?
As a method of debate, denying anything is wrong and then labelling those who do, as outraged and ending with a pejorative, its all rather fruitless.

. . . . . . . In truth, you come on here to bait people and that is all.
Spot on.

And predictably there's plenty on here who take the bait.
Ignore the cock holster and eventually it'll go away.

So those who do choose to have a TV are contemptible and fools to pay the licence fee ?

You claim to be a logical person and choose to come onto a thread which covers the BBC bias and resentment that licence fee payers have towards the institution. But don't have a TV yourself. In truth, you come on here to bait people and that is all.
Just put him on ignore – makes life more straightforward all round

Loving the Hypocrisy on display on BBC News this morning. The Chancellor gets a kicking for not disclosing how he is going to protect all those jobs which will be lost at the end of furlough. In other News, a BBC reporter on a boat in the English Channel, following an inflatable full of illegal immigrants (Iraqis according to him) heading for the White Cliffs of Dover. A perfect day for it and the benign weather is encouraging 'record numbers' across the Channel. At one stage he shouts across to them "Are you all OK"? and reminds us in hushed tones that there are at least two pregnant women and a child on board (a mandatory requirement to ensure maximum sympathy, like the rest of the boat load of young lads gives a flying fcuk!).
So, let's get this straight. Many jobs lost due to Covid - bad; more people entering the country illegally - good. Jeez. :sad:
By chance (I rarely watch television news these days) I caught that.
I was vaguely listening, and then heard a pathetic “are you okay, are you okay?”

What happened next?
“Oh, **** off…”
Remote off switch rapidly engaged.
Job jobbed!

By chance (I rarely watch television news these days) I caught that.
I was vaguely listening, and then heard a pathetic “are you okay, are you okay?”

What happened next?
“Oh, **** off…”
Remote off switch rapidly engaged.
Job jobbed!
I saw the same thing. I think however the voiceover said that, among those arriving in recent days, were two pregnant women. Not that they were on the boat filmed. It was the BBC trying to make the point that, while the boat filmed seemed full of young men from Iraq (thanks Blair), there were some women occasionally, honest guv.

Loving the Hypocrisy on display on BBC News this morning. The Chancellor gets a kicking for not disclosing how he is going to protect all those jobs which will be lost at the end of furlough. In other News, a BBC reporter on a boat in the English Channel, following an inflatable full of illegal immigrants (Iraqis according to him) heading for the White Cliffs of Dover. A perfect day for it and the benign weather is encouraging 'record numbers' across the Channel. At one stage he shouts across to them "Are you all OK"? and reminds us in hushed tones that there are at least two pregnant women and a child on board (a mandatory requirement to ensure maximum sympathy, like the rest of the boat load of young lads gives a flying fcuk!).
So, let's get this straight. Many jobs lost due to Covid - bad; more people entering the country illegally - good. Jeez. :sad:
You're projecting. Showing basic humanity towards people who have just undertaken a hazardous journey is neither condoning their actions nor saying that entering the UK illegally is good.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You're projecting. Showing basic humanity towards people who have just undertaken a hazardous journey is neither condoning their actions nor saying that entering the UK illegally is good.
That particular 'act of hunanity' could include returning them to France, safely. They may have been enjoying their inflatable and just drifted away. Why take them away from where they were? ;)

I like to think I’m a decent human being, so don’t believe I’m projecting. What I would really like to see is our Government sending out a powerful message that this particularly illegal method of entering our Country is to be shutdown immediately, otherwise the numbers crossing the Channel will continue to increase. Just how compassionate and welcoming do you want us to be, given that we are likely to be facing mass unemployment for many of our own citizens in the coming months? Joint (with the French) targeting of the criminal gangs behind this activity would be a good start.

I like to think I’m a decent human being, so don’t believe I’m projecting. What I would really like to see is our Government sending out a powerful message that this particularly illegal method of entering our Country is to be shutdown immediately, otherwise the numbers crossing the Channel will continue to increase. Just how compassionate and welcoming do you want us to be, given that we are likely to be facing mass unemployment for many of our own citizens in the coming months? Joint (with the French) targeting of the criminal gangs behind this activity would be a good start.
Again, you're assuming things. I don't think we should be welcoming, but I think that's distinct from showing concern for, and attending to basic human needs.

Completely agree that us and France need to sort this out, and that the focus should be the criminals who facilitate this. Sadly there is no way to shut this down immediately. Whether it's drugs or people if the demand is there smuggling will succeed. The best we can do is reduce demand.

That particular 'act of hunanity' could include returning them to France, safely. They may have been enjoying their inflatable and just drifted away. Why take them away from where they were? ;)
Because if we pick them up we can then seek to return them to France, and at least we know where they are. If left alone they're very likely to 'drift' to a UK beach and disperse untracked.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Because if we pick them up we can then seek to return them to France, and at least we know where they are. If left alone they're very likely to 'drift' to a UK beach and disperse untracked.
You do say the funniest things.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
All you are doing is assisting them, and the people smuggling gangs, to achieve their aim.

I think we should have some patrol ships, flagged to Somalia and Ethiopia, hired to pick up refugees and return to France. If France object then the migrants can be shipped direct to the country of the ship's flag! Job jobbed. Lives saved and poor stranded people returned to their loved ones - or not!