Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I've lived around here for 10 years and never seen so many properties for sale in one go, it's like an exodus.

You, 10 years and we're talking about Wales and you still don't know?

NSP

LE
Sod that we don't need more townies coming out here to complaining about Farmers, smells and noise..they can stay in their infected crap holes where they belong.
As a rural Dorset lad you don't need to tell me!!

If it hadn't been mentioned already Emmy many words did an hour long interview with T Blair yesterday (I was waiting for the cricket scores) in which he said that the lockdown was a waste of time and the economy was more important. I suspect some of his investments may be suffering. The bbc had people emailing in sugesting he should be back in gvmt.
I presume these people are not stupid, just evil.

Place next door to us for sale with 4 bedrooms and two bathroom and 2 acres in the arrse end of nowhere and its been on the market for 5 months and hasnt had a bite - we are 30 minutes out or Marylebone on Chiltern Railways so ideally placed for location and a quick sale and he's not sold.

My bro has a place in Devon for sale - no bites.

They must be buying other people's property then.

I did read today that Hong Kong residents are buying up the North East at the minute. Maybe that's where the rural property boom is taking place
We live out in the sticks (Wiltshire/Hampshire border) and 2 of the 6 houses in our cul de sac have just been snapped up within a week of going on sale - both of them for prices above the original ONO.
Reassuring for me and the missus should we wish to move on anytime soon. Rishi’s Stamp Duty largesse was a major factor in both of them selling up - a shame in one case, a great result in the other!

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Not really. I would presume the BBC would like it's reporters in NZ to be allowed to attend courts and report on them. Abising by court orders is probably a good way to ensure this.
That might help if the BBC actually reported from courts other than UK and USA. There are always cases to prove the rule and this is one!

Well, it is a slavers' lingua franca that the right on seem to find so culturally wonderful. Truly, the Emperor moves in mysterious ways.
Not Afrikaans, then, although those peaceful protesters the other day were very proud of being Afrikan.

Place next door to us for sale with 4 bedrooms and two bathroom and 2 acres in the arrse end of nowhere and its been on the market for 5 months and hasnt had a bite - we are 30 minutes out or Marylebone on Chiltern Railways so ideally placed for location and a quick sale and he's not sold.

My bro has a place in Devon for sale - no bites.

They must be buying other people's property then.

I did read today that Hong Kong residents are buying up the North East at the minute. Maybe that's where the rural property boom is taking place

Interesting that the Hong Kongers are looking at the north-east.
There was a suggestion – can’t remember from where – quite recently, that offering them that whole strip between Stranraer and Dumfries, in an effort to generate some serious economic activity in a heavily underpopulated area, was being seriously considered (I suppose at government level) as an option.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Interesting that the Hong Kongers are looking at the north-east.
There was a suggestion – can’t remember from where – quite recently, that offering them that whole strip between Stranraer and Dumfries, in an effort to generate some serious economic activity in a heavily underpopulated area, was being seriously considered (I suppose at government level) as an option.
Which government?

Just watching the 6pm news. There's a feature about failures to supply PPE for Covid. Up pops Jolyon Maugham - of anti-Brexit and fox-bludgeoning fame - to criticise HMG. Key question: why him?
He was shown as '"Jolyon Maugham, Director, The Good Law Project', not as Jolyon Maugham, he hates the government'
Why was he interviewed about this matter?!

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Just watching the 6pm news. There's a feature about failures to supply PPE for Covid. Up pops Jolyon Maugham - of anti-Brexit and fox-bludgeoning fame - to criticise HMG. Key question: why him?
He was shown as '"Jolyon Maugham, Director, The Good Law Project', not as Jolyon Maugham, 'he hates the government'
he hates the government

Because the good Law Project is starting legal proceedings to establish the "failings" of the whole PPE thing. Of course legal work is very expensive, and they have the begging bowl out to help their vital work.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Because the good Law Project is starting legal proceedings to establish the "failings" of the whole PPE thing. Of course legal work is very expensive, and they have the begging bowl out to help their vital work.
With Jolyon's track record I don't think the government will lose any sleep over this.

Thank you.
The Project is in that sense an anti-government pressure group. That wasn't explained in the broadcast. Nor was the fact of Maugham desperately fighting HMG over Brexit.
Luckily for HMG, Maugham being an opponent of the government undermines the anti-HMG position.

Latest Threads