The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Another mixed race person who identifies as black then. I wonder how their white parent feels when their offspring publicly choose which part of their heritage they prefer and it isnt the part they inherit from them.

As for the reason for changing her name, 30 years ago a spelling mistake was made so the descendant of Shona royalty, educated at public school and Cambridge just rolled with it for 30 years. More like climbing on the bandwagon.

shaniqua.jpg

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm getting rather tired of the whole '[insert ethnicity of choice' succeeding in a white person's world' routine.

The CRED Report has pointed out that, in this country at least, we're doing rather well in terms of equality. Doing well, then, is just a case of doing well. Or not.

Ouch.

Equal to them means take away from the majority white population and give to the minority or in other words, as you said, equal is actually unequal. You see it everywhere now on tv, in advertising, the majority of company hiring policy etc. Where they will always pick the black, muslim, female, gay or whatever identity over the white male who is very much more qualified.
Look at TV advertising where you cannot change channels without seeing a lot of black people, even asians over white people, way too many to say they were not picked due to skin colour.
As every couple is now mixed race or coloured in the adverts, it must mean either the wife or I am BAME

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm getting rather tired of the whole '[insert ethnicity of choice' succeeding in a white person's world' routine.

The CRED Report has pointed out that, in this country at least, we're doing rather well in terms of equality. Doing well, then, is just a case of doing well. Or not.

Ouch.

What should be raising eyebrows and red flags all over the shop is the level of adulation when someone does well and it's pointed out in breathless tones that they're not white. It's almost as if the reporters are culpable of the racism of low expectations and find the fact someone who isn't white is doing well a bit surprising.

If you're good at what you do, you're good at what you do. Race doesn't come into it. Same goes for being an arsehole.

Last edited:

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Did anyone else see this morning’s BBC Breakfast. Right Charlie blamed Hancock for people being worried about AZ vaccines because the government have published the data which has confused the hard of thinking and given ammo to the anti-vaxxers.

The irony of a ‘journalist’ castigating the government for being transparent didn’t seem to bother Right Charlie but you could see Hancock’s frustration with having to deal with such a total lightweight.

TamH70

MIA
Did anyone else see this morning’s BBC Breakfast. Right Charlie blamed Hancock for people being worried about AZ vaccines because the government have published the data which has confused the hard of thinking and given ammo to the anti-vaxxers.

The irony of a ‘journalist’ castigating the government for being transparent didn’t seem to bother Right Charlie but you could see Hancock’s frustration with having to deal with such a total lightweight.

I watched a bit of that couple of a-holes this morning (Stayt and Munch her Chetty) then I put my PC on. Scare mongering things the pair of them.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
How many deaths in the UK and worldwide are attributed to consuming alcohol? Driving cars? Obesity?

Compare the size of those risks to the risk of vaccine side effects...

How many deaths in the UK and worldwide are attributed to consuming alcohol? Driving cars? Obesity?

As Fergus Walsh pointed out last night, the rate of deaths is about the same as car deaths, and how many will refuse to get in a car knowing that? Also a similar mortality rate to DVT from long haul flights.

Everything I have seen today - everything - has shown several BAME individuals before showing a white person.

It's tedious.
All propaganda campaigns start with a process to keep repeating social change ad nauseum as only a good thing and any evidence to the contrary and there is always a counter factual case is simply ignored. That process has to continue until everyone accepts the diminution of what you believe in and its removal to your own individual silo.

Then; you move into the next propaganda stage, which I would say showed up in the rather dystopian BLM/No place for racism hysteria and grown up adults kneeling for no other reason, than somebody told them to do it. We got a taste of that future and its the transfer from acceptance to overt celebration and anyone who challenges that narrative after this period will almost certain be acting unlawfully and my point is we are well on the way to hell, where that road has many false good intentions along the way that ask you to compromise your principles.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
All propaganda campaigns start with a process to keep repeating social change ad nauseum as only a good thing and any evidence to the contrary and there is always a counter factual case is simply ignored. That process has to continue until everyone accepts the diminution of what you believe in and its removal to your own individual silo.

Then; you move into the next propaganda stage, which I would say showed up in the rather dystopian BLM/No place for racism hysteria and grown up adults kneeling for no other reason, than somebody told them to do it. We got a taste of that future and its the transfer from acceptance to overt celebration and anyone who challenges that narrative after this period will almost certain be acting unlawfully and my point is we are well on the way to hell, where that road has many false good intentions along the way that ask you to compromise your principles.
But this is not being run by the elected government.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

Zero Alpha takes Bendroflumethiazide for hypertension (so do I). Depending which manufacturer supplies the pharmacy this month, she may or may not suffer nausea for a couple of hours afterward.

Clearly different manufacturers don't use the exact same other ingredients. And so even with simple commonplace prescription drugs, you have no way of knowing exactly what's going into your body.

Consider how many women of a certain age use contraceptive pills every day for decades, even though there's a risk of blood clots. But the benefits far outweigh the risks.

Then; you move into the next propaganda stage, which I would say showed up in the rather dystopian BLM/No place for racism hysteria and grown up adults kneeling for no other reason, than somebody told them to do it.
It'll get to the point where we do it even though nobody tells us why other than "it's always been done like that"

Latest Threads