Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

in England, the opportunity to sit an exam instead of accepting the recommended grade.
If they can do that, why shouldn't everyone be able to? All seems to be a big grey wall with examiners randomly sticking named pins into it; I suppose contention's inevitable.

The bbc gives a bit of good news, through gritted teeth I feel.
Downturn less severe than feared - Bank of England
Capture.PNG   BANK 2.PNG

Also with a "blue peter" explanation for the picture;

Capture.PNG   BANK.PNG

which is nice.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
If they can do that, why shouldn't everyone be able to? All seems to be a big grey wall with examiners randomly sticking named pins into it; I suppose contention's inevitable.
Ooh! Ooh! I know!

Because it's Wee Nippy's train set north of the border.

They might be able to in Scotland, I don't know. A lot of what happens north of the border is a mystery.

Edit - Themanwho got there first.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
They might be able to in Scotland, I don't know. A lot of what happens north of the border is a mystery.

Edit - Themanwho got there first.
Lurking like a computer savvy feral badger.....

They ae back on that ’can’t be named‘ thing again...

Grace Millane killer appeals against conviction

The man who killed British backpacker Grace Millane in New Zealand has begun an appeal against his murder conviction and sentence.​
The 28-year-old, who cannot be named, was jailed for at least 17 years after a jury found him guilty of murdering Ms Millane in an Auckland hotel in 2018.​

Seems odd that it can’t name Jesse Kempson given that a/. The court‘s name suppression order only applies in NZ and b/. the the murderer’s name is no secret - all over t'interweb and widely reported at the time of the trial... Google ‘Jesse Kempson’.

They ae back on that ’can’t be named‘ thing again...

Grace Millane killer appeals against conviction

The man who killed British backpacker Grace Millane in New Zealand has begun an appeal against his murder conviction and sentence.​
The 28-year-old, who cannot be named, was jailed for at least 17 years after a jury found him guilty of murdering Ms Millane in an Auckland hotel in 2018.​

Seems odd that it can’t name Jesse Kempson given that a/. The court‘s name suppression order only applies in NZ and b/. the the murderer’s name is no secret - all over t'interweb and widely reported at the time of the trial... Google ‘Jesse Kempson’.

Not really. I would presume the BBC would like it's reporters in NZ to be allowed to attend courts and report on them. Abising by court orders is probably a good way to ensure this.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
A strange case - not the rape and murder (which is horrible,but not massively different from any other horrible rape and murder) , the continued anonimity of the guilty murderer:

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
A strange case - not the rape and murder (which is horrible,but not massively different from any other horrible rape and murder) , the continued anonimity of the guilty murderer:

Perhaps there is an ongoing investigation into him. Its possible he could be the prime suspect in another case where victim anonymity is preserved. It is after all statistically unlikely he started his criminal career with a rape and murder, and more probable there are at least a handful of sexual assaults, possibly a rape or two that didn't result in a coffin.

Place next door to us for sale with 4 bedrooms and two bathroom and 2 acres in the arrse end of nowhere and its been on the market for 5 months and hasnt had a bite - we are 30 minutes out or Marylebone on Chiltern Railways so ideally placed for location and a quick sale and he's not sold.

My bro has a place in Devon for sale - no bites.

They must be buying other people's property then.

I did read today that Hong Kong residents are buying up the North East at the minute. Maybe that's where the rural property boom is taking place

Just wait until they discover that working from home over the crap broadband available in many rural areas isn't quite as easy as it was from the suburbs.
Sod that we don't need more townies coming out here to complaining about Farmers, smells and noise..they can stay in their infected crap holes where they belong.

Place next door to us for sale with 4 bedrooms and two bathroom and 2 acres in the arrse end of nowhere and its been on the market for 5 months and hasnt had a bite - we are 30 minutes out or Marylebone on Chiltern Railways so ideally placed for location and a quick sale and he's not sold.

My bro has a place in Devon for sale - no bites.

They must be buying other people's property then.

I did read today that Hong Kong residents are buying up the North East at the minute. Maybe that's where the rural property boom is taking place
Oddly in the village near me the main road through had seven estate agent boards up in a 1/2 mile stretch. Most were Sold or Sale Agreed.
These are 7 figure properties as well.

I've lived around here for 10 years and never seen so many properties for sale in one go, it's like an exodus.

Latest Threads