The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

SWMBO was a teacher when we met. I saw some sheer incompetence take a very committed and very work-oriented individual close to a breakdown. I also some rank favouritism based on some people being gay.

Bending over a pool table in a crowded pub on a staff night out and shouting "Does anyone want to fück me up the árse?!" resulted in a mild rebuke via a memo to all about behaviour.

One member of staff asking about another's sexuality, in order to not cause offence, and being told "Yes, she's a lesbian but just ask her about it - she's quite open and not offended" resulted in a sacking over 'privacy'.

A small insight but also true.

I watched someone work as a baby teacher for £16k/yr north of 70 hours a week because 'professionals' hadn't put a coherent plan of work together - something which she'd warned, because she'd come from a commercial background, was a risk. She was told to shut up and stop being negative.

There are some good, committed teachers. There are also some whining, militant shíts, frankly.

I've an immense amount of respect for the good ones. The highly unionised and indoctrinated 'committed public servants' can bugger off.
Oh dear, I am sorry to read this. My experiences, both as a child, and as son, husband/colleague and father of teachers has only been extremely good. NTD has raised the barrier; utterly incredible. Probably because I taught her to read Catch 22.

Daz

LE
She is on 80% of pay! But works 100%!
If shes on 80% of pay, in other words, furloughed, she's not permitted to work for her employer*

* Assuming she's fully furloughed, even if she's flexibly furloughed, she's still not permitted to work on the furloughed days

If shes on 80% of pay, in other words, furloughed, she's not permitted to work for her employer*

* Assuming she's fully furloughed, even if she's flexibly furloughed, she's still not permitted to work on the furloughed days
Her contract is for four days a week. The rest of her time is to run her charity, write for the TES, do her radio shows, look after the children. Lazy cow, eh?

Daz

LE
Her contract is for four days a week. The rest of her time is to run her charity, write for the TES, do her radio shows, look after the children. Lazy cow, eh?
She's on 100% of her pay from her employer then, not 80% as stated .......what she's choosing to do in her spare time is immaterial

NSP

LE
On a certain website related to former rodents I see - er, a friend tells me - that there is a clip currently (well, a couple of hours ago) on the "Trending" list where a blonde lady is taking the longest, thickest, blackest cock known to science deeply up the tradesman's.

Relevance to thread? She's the spitting image of Kuenssberg.

Farage has quit politics. That should keep them busy for a few days.

Err, NTD is a senior teacher at an academy in South London, has been working full-time on-line teaching her students four days a week, then runs her maternity/paternity teacher charity in her ‘spare’ time, writes for the TES and looks after two small children. She works more hours than you have ever done.
So she only actually works four days a week & the rest is voluntary?
There's plenty out there who work a five or more day week & have children.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
On a certain website related to former rodents I see - er, a friend tells me - that there is a clip currently (well, a couple of hours ago) on the "Trending" list where a blonde lady is taking the longest, thickest, blackest cock known to science deeply up the tradesman's.

That might explain her perpetual pained look I suppose.

When she'd finished with her face looking like a plasterer's radio did she look up and say "Are you going to apologise?"

Marr show 09:26

Ashworth (Shadow Health) "... they're now asking NHS staff to take a pay cut ... "

Marr " THEY ARE! "

Such enthusiastic neutrality should be applauded

She's on 100% of her pay from her employer then, not 80% as stated .......what she's choosing to do in her spare time is immaterial
I concede that you are correct. My initial rebuttal was regarding the ‘lazy teachers’ comment. I have never been taught by or met a ‘lazy’ teacher.

So she only actually works four days a week & the rest is voluntary?
There's plenty out there who work a five or more day week & have children.
‘only actually works four days a week’ ... what do you think the rest of the stuff is? Fun? Voluntary stuff, running a worldwide charity, doing a radio show, appearing on the BBC, writing for the TES, helping colleagues and strangers, is not work?

I note with a certain cynicism that the 1800 News lead with Oh the humanity! Why have this cruel and heartless Boris Grrr government given a paltry 1% pay rise to Our NHS Angels when the RCN says that the figure should have been 12.5% !

12.5%?! are you having a giraffe?

It was someway through the piece that the Beeb seemed to grudgingly admit that, of all the Public Sector, the NHS is the only branch to receive any form of reward.

grrrr.
Monday - Give them the 12.5% payrise.
Tuesday - Announce even deeper cuts to foreign aid and cuts in universal credit and social care, to pay the noble workers. Alternatively, announce the BBC will pay the NHS payrise, else it will be defunded.

I'm not so much defending my profession as calling out a ridiculous generalisation. How do you know what your neighbour has or hasn't been doing?

I've just spent several hours of my afternoon marking a set of tests that I spent several hours writing last week. I'll do the same thing tomorrow for another couple of sets that I wrote last Saturday. I'm working like normal as are all of my colleagues and the majority are doing more than usual. The primary teachers I know in other areas are still working as is the person who teaches in a PRU. My colleagues' family members that teach in other schools are working. All of the primary schools I go past on my way to work have been open with kids in.

If you'd posted "Maybe the squaddies who've sat on their arrse on full pay for the greater part of the past year could contribute" then people would have rightly pointed out that was nonsense. Same thing.

I'm sure there have been some lazy teachers that have used COVID as an excuse to sit around and do nothing. Their (lack of) impact is probably cancelled out by their lazy equivalents in the NHS.

Right, I'm done biting for today :) Edited as it's Current Affairs to remove naughty words.

Edit again - the situation isn't helped by the majority of public opinion being formed by the teaching unions which are by and large a pile of useless bellends with a vastly overinflated sense of importance.

My bold, Hmm, Why not vote them out of office then? or as most think you can blame them for your own failings!!

My bold, Hmm, Why not vote them out of office then? or as most think you can blame them for your own failings!!
How? And replace them with who? I strongly suspect the answers are 'you can't' and 'more of the same opinionated tosspots' respectively. It's trite but anyone who wants to be a politician shouldn't be allowed to do so.

I wouldn't be a member if I knew I had the same legal backing and protection from somewhere else. Since I don't it's a case of holding my nose and picking the least bad option.

Latest Threads