The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Politicians never say anything without a political angle and the Tories have been slagging the BBC off since as long as I can remember, promising to do something about it, which in practical terms is nothing (usually before elections).

The sad truth is the Beeb costs the party nothing(we have to pay for it). It acts as an enormous recruiting poster for Conservativism and presents a clear and present danger to any rational conservative minded person that your forced on a daily basis to be motivated to support the party blindly.

focus_122.jpg

BBC.....
I am still waiting for a beeb journalist to shout "are you going to resign First Minister?"

maybe the should send LK up home for a while
The BBC have very few friends left and most of them live in north london. So to answer your question, it comes down to two things:-
1. The north london set face europe and are generally disinterested in what happens in scotland. So chasing the First Minister is simply not as amusing, as shouting at the PM.
2. The SNP are policywise and in a shared hatred for the Conservative Party: 'fellow travellers' and so its again not likely to be amusing at a dinner party.

I am old enough to remember Tony Blair condemning the BBC for anti-US sentiments ! Every political party has at one time or another, complained about the BBC bias (see: Bigeye/Grac): 'if all are upset, then the BBC must be balanced'.

My view is a very nuanced one and that is the Beeb are the 'consciousness of the ruling class'. So when a political party is forced by political neccessity, to move in a direction that the 'class' dislikes. The level of friction can be measured by the amount of hostility from the class and that is acted out through the BBC and so the political counter complaints are a mechanism, of trying to sell something unpalatable as a neccessary evil.

In Summary:-
The Bias/Glitch in the Beeb Matrix is its taken so many negative positions to the majority of the population, that its nothing more now, than a mouthpiece for special interests and most people have tuned out of its message. So it will be defunded when the establishment no longer have any use for it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Christ on a bike... the BBC are in full Government Grrr warpaint today.
There has been far too much Brexit good news lately so they have to let off steam a bit. I am just surprised they have not stuck the knife into Liz Truss yet for her successes.

I am old enough to remember Tony Blair condemning the BBC for anti-US sentiments ! Every political party has at one time or another, complained about the BBC bias (see: Bigeye/Grac): 'if all are upset, then the BBC must be balanced'.

My view is a very nuanced one and that is the Beeb are the 'consciousness of the ruling class'. So when a political party is forced by political neccessity, to move in a direction that the 'class' dislikes. The level of friction can be measured by the amount of hostility from the class and that is acted out through the BBC and so the political counter complaints are a mechanism, of trying to sell something unpalatable as a neccessary evil.

In Summary:-
The Bias/Glitch in the Beeb Matrix is its taken so many negative positions to the majority of the population, that its nothing more now, than a mouthpiece for special interests and most people have tuned out of its message. So it will be defunded when the establishment no longer have any use for it.
I remember Blair getting a scientist knocked off for talking to the BBC

I remember Blair getting a scientist knocked off for talking to the BBC
Was that the one where the stooge Judge for the enquiry into the death was appointed less than three hours after the body was found, it hadn't yet been identified or initial cause of death established, that one?

I note with a certain cynicism that the 1800 News lead with Oh the humanity! Why have this cruel and heartless Boris Grrr government given a paltry 1% pay rise to Our NHS Angels when the RCN says that the figure should have been 12.5% !

12.5%?! are you having a giraffe?

It was someway through the piece that the Beeb seemed to grudgingly admit that, of all the Public Sector, the NHS is the only branch to receive any form of reward.

grrrr.

I note with a certain cynicism that the 1800 News lead with Oh the humanity! Why have this cruel and heartless Boris Grrr government given a paltry 1% pay rise to Our NHS Angels when the RCN says that the figure should have been 12.5% !

It was someway through the piece that the Beeb seemed to grudgingly admit that, of all the Public Sector, the NHS is the only branch to receive any form of reward.

grrrr.
Did anybody point out that thousands of people have lost their jobs and are in serious financial straights to "protect the NHS" or that significant numbers of NHS staff have been having a pretty cushy time of it as normal activities have been seriously curtailed?

If I was a betting man I'd guess not.

Did anybody point out that thousands of people have lost their jobs and are in serious financial straights to "protect the NHS" or that significant numbers of NHS staff have been having a pretty cushy time of it as normal activities have been seriously curtailed?

If I was a betting man I'd guess not.
That NHS ‘frontline’ is bigger than the Embassy balcony!
That’s not a dig at the NHS by the way, just those hanging on to the coat tails of the overstretched ICU staff - including one of my relatives., who is Admin staff but bigs it up on FB.

Last edited:
That NHS ‘frontline’ is bigger than the Embassy balcony!
That’s not a dig at the NHS by the way, just those hanging on to the coat tails of the overstretched ICU staff - including one of my relatives., who is Admin staff but bigs it up on FB.
Seriously. I've never seen so many land whales waddling around wearing NHS ID lanyards. Surely some of them must be REMFS, they can't all be front line heroes.

I'll just repost this. Partly because it is relevant, but mainly because I is lazy.

(It was to do with the supposed £3.50 per week pay rise for our angels.)

How many NHS staff are on £18,200 per annum. Apparently the starting wage for a qualified nurse (Straight out of the factory) is £26,500, with the first increment after 6 months. A so-called 'experienced nurse' (To be fair, I'm not really sure what that is), is on £32,000 pa. In the former case, a 1% increase would be just over a fiver a week and the latter would be £6.15. Still crap, but why bother exaggerating an already paltry figure?

On the other hand, I think that nurses and other staff threatening industrial action may be on dodgy ground: They are not all the much-fabled 'front line medical staff', there was not only the NHS keeping the country going, many people have lost their businesses or jobs, other public sector workers are getting 0% pay rises and treating sick people is supposed to be their flippin' job.

I am not unsympathetic, but you can deffo overplay your hand.

I'll just repost this. Partly because it is relevant, but mainly because I is lazy.

(It was to do with the supposed £3.50 per week pay rise for our angels.)

How many NHS staff are on £18,200 per annum. Apparently the starting wage for a qualified nurse (Straight out of the factory) is £26,500, with the first increment after 6 months. A so-called 'experienced nurse' (To be fair, I'm not really sure what that is), is on £32,000 pa. In the former case, a 1% increase would be just over a fiver a week and the latter would be £6.15. Still crap, but why bother exaggerating an already paltry figure?

On the other hand, I think that nurses and other staff threatening industrial action may be on dodgy ground: They are not all the much-fabled 'front line medical staff', there was not only the NHS keeping the country going, many people have lost their businesses or jobs, other public sector workers are getting 0% pay rises and treating sick people is supposed to be their flippin' job.

I am not unsympathetic, but you can deffo overplay your hand.
If I was in a position to do so, the people I'd be giving 12.5% to would be super market workers and delivery drivers. Without them the country would have starved.
There are far too many many people within the NHS basking in the reflected glory of a relatively small number of the workforce who have been operating under increased pressure. But let's not forget, we never ran out of intensive care beds, ventilators or PPE. in some cases as a direct result of sidelining the NHS infrastructure.

I think it was the Evening Standard actually.

In July 2003 he had an off-the-record conversation with Andrew Gilligan, a BBC journalist; during their discussion they talked about the 2002 dossier on Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, which stated that some of Iraq's chemical and biological weapons were deployable within 45 minutes. When Gilligan reported this on BBC Radio 4's Today programme, he stated that the 45 minute claim was included at the insistence of Alastair Campbell, the Downing Street Director of Communications—something Kelly denied.

Truxx

LE

In July 2003 he had an off-the-record conversation with Andrew Gilligan, a BBC journalist; during their discussion they talked about the 2002 dossier on Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, which stated that some of Iraq's chemical and biological weapons were deployable within 45 minutes. When Gilligan reported this on BBC Radio 4's Today programme, he stated that the 45 minute claim was included at the insistence of Alastair Campbell, the Downing Street Director of Communications—something Kelly denied.
Sorry brainfart....

You are of course correct.

And it did get added in on ACs insistence - all a bit sad really. David Kelly was a nice fella

He was also convinced that Sadaam had a stash of WMD.

But thanks to a bunch of chaps from Century House he did not have a delivery means.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

grrrr.
The RCN is also setting up a 35mn quid "strike" fund! Let the NHS go on strike and see where all of that good will they've managed to get over the past year goes! Let's see how proud they'd be to wear NHS ID/insignia out on the street when due to their actions in striking, most of the population now regard them as lower than a Romanian Big Issue seller when the "strike" has cost them Granny/Grandad/Auntie Mabel etc.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

grrrr.
I don't begrudge them a decent payrise, say 5%, but that is limited to medical staff only, that is Drs and Nurses, office wallahs can do one. The only sting in the tail is that other public sector workers will want a pay rise too, such as council office staff. They can get f**ked off, they've spent the past year at home on full pay doing as little as possible.

Latest Threads