The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

What is it about k**tsburg that her face/mouth is all twisted up with venom, does she have a particularly sour piece of lemon stuck in her gob. FFS she makes any milk on the table go off every time I don't switch her off in time!
A bulldog chewing a wasp?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Three months before the next Election and the Tories will be back on the stump, promising to do something about the Beeb.

You have made reference to the Tories previously breaking a promise made in respect of defunding the BBC...
P.S
Oh and the tories won't defund the BBC, so another broken promise.

Despite being invited to provide something to evidence such a promise actually being made, never mind broken you as you unambiguously claimed, you chose not to yet here you are again banging on about Tory promises about the BBC in 2027.

anglo

LE
My bold
Hmm one of the most useless & costly wastes of money the grinning spiv came up with, Nothing but pointless talking shops where nationalist idiots get fat salaries for waffling about a load of crap, most of which would be better done by a parish council!
Should be scrapped!
A pox on his house and all who dwell within

You have made reference to the Tories previously breaking a promise made in respect of defunding the BBC...

Despite being invited to provide something to evidence such a promise actually being made, never mind broken you as you unambiguously claimed, you chose not to yet here you are again banging on about Tory promises about the BBC in 2027.
The charge stemmed from two sources:-
1. The DefundtheBBC Campaign linked to the party and Dominic Cummings was on record.
2. The Guardian and others suggested in 2019 that was the intent.

Its not and never has been official manifesto tory policy. Does that make you factually accurate, yes. Does it make your views truthful, no as the strong sense was something would be done.

What is it about k**tsburg that her face/mouth is all twisted up with venom, does she have a particularly sour piece of lemon stuck in her gob. FFS she makes any milk on the table go off every time I don't switch her off in time!
I call and raise you Naga, who could serve as a psychological archetype of a passive-aggressive.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
1. The DefundtheBBC Campaign linked to the party and Dominic Cummings was on record.

Its not and never has been official manifesto tory policy. Does that make you factually accurate, yes. Does it make your views truthful, no as the strong sense was something would be done.
I see, it is the Guardian and DefundtheBBC Campaign that have broken promises then, not the Tories.

Thanks for clearing that up. If you had been more accurate and truthful then you would not have to explain so much.

I see, it is the Guardian and DefundtheBBC Campaign that have broken promises then, not the Tories.

Thanks for clearing that up. If you had been more accurate and truthful then you would not have to explain do much.
So Boris Johnson didn't come up to Durham in December 2019 and drop some heavy hints tabout the licence fee that stimulated the Guardian and others:-
Mr Johnson said: "You have to ask yourself if that kind of approach to funding a TV media organisation still makes sense in the long term, given the way other organisations manage to fund themselves.
"How long can you justify a system whereby everybody who has a TV has to pay to fund a particular set of TV and radio channels?"

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
So Boris Johnson didn't come up to Durham in December 2019 and drop some heavy hints tabout the licence fee that stimulated the Guardian and others:-
Mr Johnson said: "You have to ask yourself if that kind of approach to funding a TV media organisation still makes sense in the long term, given the way other organisations manage to fund themselves.
"How long can you justify a system whereby everybody who has a TV has to pay to fund a particular set of TV and radio channels?"
Nope, can't see any promises there - could you highlight them for me please.

Boris hinted?

Hardly a Grrr-ing matter.

That points to review at the most, certainly not a promise.

That points to review at the most, certainly not a promise.
Politicians never say anything without a political angle and the Tories have been slagging the BBC off since as long as I can remember, promising to do something about it, which in practical terms is nothing (usually before elections).

The sad truth is the Beeb costs the party nothing(we have to pay for it). It acts as an enormous recruiting poster for Conservativism and presents a clear and present danger to any rational conservative minded person that your forced on a daily basis to be motivated to support the party blindly.

Boris hinted?

Hardly a Grrr-ing matter.
Who said I was Boris Grrrring ? you could just as well say Cameron, Major or Thatcher Grrrr.
It was a general point on the parties failure to address the clear breaches of the BBC charter on a regular basis and explore why the Tories continue to tolerate it.

Did the Government go on record with a promise to defund the BBC at any time and did it go on to break that promise as you asserted?
P.S
Oh and the tories won't defund the BBC, so another broken promise.

Answer: No it didn’t. You made it up for reasons only known to you but now the revers-o-cycle is deployed with:
Its not and never has been official manifesto tory policy.

Your finest bit is you calling me a liar because there ‘was a strong sense something would be done' based on nothing more than:
  • something the Guardian allegedly published (no link provided)
  • the unofficial endorsement of a campaign group (not sponsored, funded or operated by, for or on behalf of government) by a handful of MPs

My views do not feature in this... I called you out on your nonsensical assertion that the government made a promise to defund the BBC. It didn't and that is not a view... it is a fact.

Now, tell us again about the promise to defund the BBC the government is going to make for the 2027 Royal Charter Review. Your opinions really carry some weight*.

*in the same way that a barrow filled with horse shite carries some weight

Last edited:
Who said I was Boris Grrrring ? you could just as well say Cameron, Major or Thatcher Grrrr.
It was a general point on the parties failure to address the clear breaches of the BBC charter on a regular basis and explore why the Tories continue to tolerate it.

No, you specifically made reference to a broken manifesto promise. When called on it, you started thrashing like a cat with a broken back.

You dragged Boris in, remember?

No, you specifically made reference to a broken manifesto promise. When called on it, you started thrashing like a cat with a broken back.

You dragged Boris in, remember?
I actually said: 'broken promise' and you/others inserted the word 'manifesto' and then declared promises are only those written down in the manifesto, so anything published in the media is absolute bollox unless its set in stone by the manifesto.

One looks forward to a repeal of the 1998 HRA !

I actually said: 'broken promise' and you/others inserted the word 'manifesto' and then declared promises are only those written down in the manifesto, so anything published in the media is absolute bollox unless its set in stone by the manifesto.

You're still thrashing like a spastic in a washtub.

BBC.....
I am still waiting for a beeb journalist to shout "are you going to resign First Minister?"

maybe the should send LK up home for a while

1614939656388.gif

Latest Threads