The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

That's the one they will scrap when no-one watches 3.
Makes sense to their Liberal, woke, out of touch, extremely well paid Directors. BBC 3 - mainly watched by the ‘youth’ they crave. BBC 4 - mainly watched by the demographic they detest. They really do resemble Turkeys voting for Christmas!

Trump's gone, Brexit done, only Covid left to flail wildly about?
Oh come now, they're have the black hole in the public finances to still crow about. If nothing else exists, then they're can always send an intrepid reporter out to a foodbank somewhere, where they're are guaranteed to find an audience a little unhappy with the way things are going.

So, a mate is in the public eye, and I elect to defend him against someone attacking him from a position of ignorance.
Would it have more admirable to allow a misrepresentation, an ugly one, to linger?
Swing ‘n a miss, champ.
Do me and the rest of ARRSE a favour and write in coherent sentences and paragraphs, rather than a jumbled mass of sentences that look like really shit poetry.

A question so moronic (even by BBC standards) that it sounded as though Capt. Hindsight had actually paid Pym to ask it.

Still, you must feel very important given that you and he are bezzers eh. What on earth is this bit about:

Does his wife inflict (or threaten to inflict) harm upon anybody that disrespects Hughie’s professionalism?

She sounds really really delightful.

The last time I probably felt just a little important was leading a group to Yokohama for the World Cup final in November 2019.
I’d say the next time will be when it’s my turn to buy the round.
You ?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
SNP MP Ian Blackford on BBC1 Breakfast this morning was given the customary respectful interview, with his lengthy responses uninterrupted throughout by the male-ish interchangeable metrosexual presenter. Things were a tad more combative on the Today Programme, where he was interrupted ONCE by the female presenter.

So, a mate is in the public eye, and I elect to defend him against someone attacking him from a position of ignorance.
Would it have more admirable to allow a misrepresentation, an ugly one, to linger?
Swing ‘n a miss, champ.

You're the one that got all dewy eyed over your mate, you know, the one acting a bit of a dick on National TV, and then made quite a bellend remark about his wife's , err, battling skills(?) or something, as we never really got to the bottom of it.

Well, I once knew a bloke that did something once on TV and then his boyfriend had a blue-belt in Tibetan Ju-jitsu, and he said his dad would beat up your dad , or your BBC apparatchik mate, or his alleged feisty wife, or whom ever.

Bring it on, I have bigger choddy mates than you! Grrr Boris

You're the one that got all dewy eyed over your mate, you know, the one acting a bit of a dick on National TV, and then made quite a bellend remark about his wife's , err, battling skills(?) or something, as we never really got to the bottom of it.

Well, I once knew a bloke that did something once on TV and then his boyfriend had a blue-belt in Tibetan Ju-jitsu, and he said his dad would beat up your dad , or your BBC apparatchik mate, or his alleged feisty wife, or whom ever.

Bring it on, I have bigger choddy mates than you! Grrr Boris

I remember now.
You have form.

SNP MP Ian Blackford on BBC1 Breakfast this morning was given the customary respectful interview, with his lengthy responses uninterrupted throughout by the male-ish interchangeable metrosexual presenter. Things were a tad more combative on the Today Programme, where he was interrupted ONCE by the female presenter.

The next few hours from Edinburgh will hopefully prove v interesting indeed.
Bunter B seemed to outline ‘the case for the defence’ on Sky News just now.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
The next few hours from Edinburgh will hopefully prove v interesting indeed.
Bunter B seemed to outline ‘the case for the defence’ on Sky News just now.
Was it along the lines of "It wisnae her, Lord Advocate told us, Salmond's still guilty, Bluidy Tories, Yer a sexist, Frreeeeedommmm!", by any chance?

You forgot to mention...he failed to answer any of the questions on Breakfast and, kept slipping in the word 'referendum' whenever possible ! ;-)

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
You forgot to mention...he failed to answer any of the questions on Breakfast and, kept slipping in the word 'referendum' whenever possible ! ;-)
My apologies. For the sake of brevity I saw that as a given...

O Zangado

War Hero
BBC COVID priorities...

1) What TF is that?
2) Why TF is it a 'superstar'?
3) What TF is QIA? Last time I looked, that bit was a mere '+'

At 08h36 I was listening to Al Beeb radio 4's 'Today' show. Following long and uninterrupted interviews with a couple of Cheryl Hole fans about the return of BBC3 to our screens (but not mine, obvs) and the myriad of opportunities for Boris grrr moments dribbling from coverage of the Budget later today, I wonder how Al Beeb will handle coverage of the Fishwife's trial in Holyrood which has just kicked off. They've already had Lord Blackheart of Ross, Skye and Lochaber leading the defence and I'm sure St Laura and the Jamie-Oliver-tongued Sara Smith will not be absent from our screens later.

'Today' has now finished and Radio 4 has moved on to a thrilling exposé of domestic violence in same sex and transgender relationships, I kid you not.

I have turned on the box just to see Mrs Murrell (PBUH) being hung out to dry.

OZ

Over on ITV Good Morning Britain. Piers Morgan didn't give him such an easy ride...

Then Andrew Neil waded in...

Latest Threads