The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Laura better be careful. That Sonya Whatshername sounded like she was after Laura's job with the style of her interrogation interview of the England Rugby captain after Saturday's match.

I've tried to give Laura the benefit of the doubt.

However, tonight we're into Brazilian variant catastrophising. "It's all Boris/Hancock/Patel fault for not implementing instant watertight quarantine with mandatory firing squads" apparently.

It's desperate. It's not news. It's mountain / molehill territory. Anything to catch the evil Tories out. Quite what the chief political correspondent is doing reporting on a health issue is unclear....
Notice there is a predictable 'Have Your Say' running on tonights story:

Brazilian variant: Hancock denies quarantine delays put lives at risk​

As usual, any story that gets the Boris Grrr / Brexit brain deads dribbling gets a HYS.

Matt Hancock is the name in the headline but a typical HYS comment is:
A BBC Rent a Brain Dead Mong said:
Boris and his public school chums should know all about tough boarder regimes!

Need to wheel Priti out.

"Right. If you've dared to go abroad, we're going to get you to line your family up, dig a grave, then we'll shoot you. All to keep Laura happy."

"Happy now Laura?"

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I've tried to give Laura the benefit of the doubt.

However, tonight we're into Brazilian variant catastrophising. "It's all Boris/Hancock/Patel fault for not implementing instant watertight quarantine with mandatory firing squads" apparently.

It's desperate. It's not news. It's mountain / molehill territory. Anything to catch the evil Tories out. Quite what the chief political correspondent is doing reporting on a health issue is unclear....
The BBC don't and never have seen this as a health issue. It is all political, pure and simple, with the end target of getting rid of Boris.

If Boris remained as PM for forty years then took retirement at 90, the BBC would claim that he was only leaving because of BBC reporting!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Laura better be careful. That Sonya Whatshername sounded like she was after Laura's job with the style of her interrogation interview of the England Rugby captain after Saturday's match.
She blew that by crying in her car in Twitter.

Read 'The strange death of Europe' it refers to this very phenomena , an excellent book btw
Also, 'The madness of crowds' is very good, always worth listening too is Douglas.

A question so moronic (even by BBC standards) that it sounded as though Capt. Hindsight had actually paid Pym to ask it.

Still, you must feel very important given that you and he are bezzers eh. What on earth is this bit about:

Does his wife inflict (or threaten to inflict) harm upon anybody that disrespects Hughie’s professionalism?

She sounds really really delightful.

Not that I’m aware of, but she scares the bejasus out of me.

Zero.

I’m not a fan of character assassination from a position of ignorance – are you?

This fellow is a descendent of ‘woodbine Willy’, and demonstrates the decency and generosity of spirit to his fellow man that was exemplified by that distinguished padre.

Correction. Checked back, and the memory is playing tricks.

He gave a presentation a couple of years ago I attended, but it turns out his ancestor was Thomas Pym – described online as Assistant Chaplain-General to the Third Army.

The other lecturer that evening was the descendent of Studdert-Kennedy.

The BBC don't and never have seen this as a health issue. It is all political, pure and simple, with the end target of getting rid of Boris.

If Boris remained as PM for forty years then took retirement at 90, the BBC would claim that he was only leaving because of BBC reporting!
The BBC have been on cloud Nine since Trump fell and then the Tory fall in the polling over the winter months, which only stopped after the successful vaccine rollout took off in January.. Then the Beebs excited reaction at the end of January 2021, when EU leaders and then later South Africa started to question and undermine the oxford vaccine, the organisation were very quick to give those allegations credence rather than wait for the facts.

The organisation increasingly bizarre behaviour, is so out of touch that it seems constantly confused by the goings on around it. I've pondered why the Tories allow this entity to exist and can only conclude, its seen as a useful recruiting tool for conservativism.

Last edited:
The BBC have been on cloud Nine since Trump fell and then the Tory fall in the polling over the winter months, which only stopped after the successful vaccine rollout took off in January.. Then the Beebs excited reaction at the end of January 2021, when EU leaders and then later South Africa started to question and undermine the oxford vaccine, the organisation were very quick to give those allegations credence rather than wait for the facts.

The organisation increasingly bizzare behaviour, is so out of touch that it seems constantly confused by the goings on around it. I've pondered why the Tories allow this entity to exist and can only conclude, its seen as a useful recruiting tool for conservativism.

Bizarre is certainly the word.

Oh, goody:

6 years after the plug was pulled because Aunty decided that it's target audience (18-35) didn't much care for it and were better served by YouTube and other online media (the benefit being that they could watch stuff whenever they wanted, not as a part of a schedule), it's now decided that, yes, the grateful citizens of the UK have earned the right to watch RuPaul at a fixed schedule.

:rolleyes:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Trump's gone, Brexit done, only Covid left to flail wildly about?
Ha. BBC just announced that BBC3 will revert to live broadcasting next year. An expert said that everybody (the current licence payers) except snowflakes (my word not his) had a plethora of content and could flick from BBC channel to channel, but they couldn't. If they want this generation to pay a licence fee in the future, they need to broadcast to them.

This is pretty much what I said here recently (and in the survey they asked me to complete last week). Trouble is, this generation will find content to watch and still won't pay a licence fee.

This is the fundamental flaw that the BBC JUST - CAN'T - SEE.

BBC CHANGE - YOUR - MODEL.

Generation Snowflake isn't going to pay for a licence AND NEITHER IS ANYONE ELSE.

Whilst they were making it absolutely unclear, Welsh Labour saying they're not going to do anything and stick with JCVI recommendations.

English Labour - You should move the Teachers forward
Welsh Labour - We're OK thanks

Perhaps they should all talk to these guys for advice?

Labour-Together-800x450.jpg
If you want a giggle, look at the comments on WalesOnline relating to any of Drakeford's pronouncements. He really is not well liked by the denizens of the Principality.

Bloody polar bears at least they have got jobs, and free sweets.

View attachment 553592
My view regarding polar bears and climate change is congruent with this excellent comment from @guzzijon a couple of years ago:

I hope someone speaks up in favour of climate change- the past few days have been lovely. And as I never plan to have my own polar bear and am content to look at pictures of them, should I feel the need, I’m not going to miss the bad-tempered twats.

1. My Question
Does his wife [Mrs Pym] inflict (or threaten to inflict) harm upon anybody that disrespects Hughie’s professionalism?

2. Your Answer
Not that I’m aware of, but she scares the bejasus out of me.

Sorry... Quite clearly I must have been a tad confused when I asked the question given your earlier assertion... ↓↓↓

And, if there is hair dye in his house, it belongs to his v feisty jocksanese wife.
If she [Mrs Pym] ever catches up with you, Arrse posting will be something you did in a previous life.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Well he's English and white so fair game, obvs.

I can appreciate an innate reluctance in many people over peering into queer spaces.

Conversely, someone, somewhere must enjoy it.
Choice is great. I'd like the choice not to have to pay for what I don't want to watch. Currently that's nothing on BBC. I might consider BBC 4 again at some point but they wanted to scrap it.

Latest Threads