The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

The Daily Mail are reporting on a report that BAMEs are no more likely to suffer the Honks from Covid, but far more likely to catch it due to behaviour.

Wonder if the Beeb will run that one?

There was yet another report on this on my local news last night. They compared a mostly BAME district to a traditionally white one.
Take up of the vaccine in the BAME area was lower & infections higher. The reporter asked why this was. Why? Obviously really. But the conclusion was...poverty. Righto.
Then a local Pastor said “I’m not pro or anti vaccine, but I want BAME people to be told about it by people who look like us”.

Imagine that little statement being turned around 180°.

Then a local Pastor said “I’m not pro or anti vaccine, but I want BAME people to be told about it by people who look like us”.

Imagine that little statement being turned around 180°.
I'm confident that when Dr Van Tam tells me that taking the vaccine is a good thing he's right.
I don't need Tarquin Smyth Blenkinsop, late of Eton and the Guards to convince me.
If anything shows up the race and culture wars for the dangerous shite it really is. This is it.

Surprised NOT

Look at the deaths in Africa
I did roll my eyes at the Sky report regarding Covid in South Africa today - all the adults were hippos and dying off leaving 'a nation of children' after 'South Africa being the hardest hit African country'

SA is probably better than most African countries, it just has the worst record due to actually having some semblance of reporting.

I did roll my eyes at the Sky report regarding Covid in South Africa today - all the adults were hippos and dying off leaving 'a nation of children' after 'South Africa being the hardest hit African country'

SA is probably better than most African countries, it just has the worst record due to actually having some semblance of reporting.
I recently saw an old programme with Charlie Boorman in the Far East. He was in Cambodia and I thought that the terrain they were in look very tough. It is going to make any mass vaccination programme there very difficult.

The new series of the Now Show has just started on R4 with one of those bloody awful lockdown online audiences. I've already made my feelings known about these. But now it occurs to me, why would anyone actually want to be a part of an online audience?

A pair of tickets from the BBC ticket unit to attend the recording of a show in person offers something like a cheap night out, (even though you're directed like a performing seal and have to sit through numerous retakes and technical breaks). But plugging into your laptop at home with the requirement to honk with uncontrollable mirth on cue, without even the promise of a small cheque at the end of the evening. Where's the joy in that?

The new series of the Now Show has just started on R4 with one of those bloody awful lockdown online audiences. I've already made my feelings known about these. But now it occurs to me, why would anyone actually want to be a part of an online audience?

A pair of tickets from the BBC ticket unit to attend the recording of a show in person offers something like a cheap night out, (even though you're directed like a performing seal and have to sit through numerous retakes and technical breaks). But plugging into your laptop at home with the requirement to honk with uncontrollable mirth on cue, without even the promise of a small cheque at the end of the evening. Where's the joy in that?

So you can express your displeasure of all things Boris & Tory by clapping and laughing/cheering loudly at all the anti snipes.

So you can express your displeasure of all things Boris & Tory by clapping and laughing/cheering loudly at all the anti snipes.
I gave up after 5 mins, used to love it

I recently saw an old programme with Charlie Boorman in the Far East. He was in Cambodia and I thought that the terrain they were in look very tough. It is going to make any mass vaccination programme there very difficult.
True, but the very terrain that makes a vaccination programme difficult, also mitigates against contamination in the first place.

That simpering, self-satisfied, self-absorbed tick-turd that is Hugh Pym.

The current Covid brief and the wretch wastes time with a question querying why teachers have not been raced ahead for vaccination.

Because, you badly hair-dyed length of snot, the JCVI rejected the need to do so and follow the science which dictates the current vaccination programme.

. . . and rest . . .

Well, you get dick of the day award.
I know this fellow, well.
Was with him a week ago.
Anyone less self-absorbed or self-satisfied would be close to impossible to find.
And, if there is hair dye in his house, it belongs to his v feisty jocksanese wife.
If she ever catches up with you, Arrse posting will be something you did in a previous life.

Ps. And, I didn’t hear the question you throbbed so inelegantly about, but if you served, you will have sometimes carried out an order you weren’t mad keen on.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Was with him a week ago.
Anyone less self-absorbed or self-satisfied would be close to impossible to find.
And, if there is hair dye in his house, it belongs to his v feisty jocksanese wife.
If she ever catches up with you, Arrse posting will be something you did in a previous life.

Ps. And, I didn’t hear the question you throbbed so inelegantly about, but if you served, you will have sometimes carried out an order you weren’t mad keen on.
clippity cloppity clop

Wow. Is this thread still running? I though that the bias within the beeb had been proven beyond doubt.

Was with him a week ago.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how embarrassed will you be when you read this in the morning?

Tyk

LE
I note the BBC website has dropped the Salmond evidence from front page after less then a day. If it had been a scandal involving the likes of Boris I'd expect it to be half page for at least a few days and front page for at least a week.
It's very important National news I'd argue as the Union (slightly indirectly) is at stake.

Latest Threads