The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
.ghjk
I'm absolutely livid, I can tell you.

I'm having to drink the orange, rhubarb and ginger.
Isn't that against the Geneva Convention? If not, it bloody should be.

For "some reason" Auntie still can't bring itself to mention the most pertinent part of the current Sturgeon/Salmond sandwich - to whit, that Big Mammy lied to the Scottish parliament, which would be a resignation matter under the Ministerial Code of conduct..

The Alex Salmond inquiry and the political stink at Holyrood

Instead, it's all about his wider conspiracy theory, which - while possible - seems far less clear cut than the porkies told by St Nicola (pbuh) to Scot Parl.

How can this be? It's Rosenthal-esque in the missing the open goal stakes. Could it be deliberate?

Truxx

LE
For "some reason" Auntie still can't bring itself to mention the most pertinent part of the current Sturgeon/Salmond sandwich - to whit, that Big Mammy lied to the Scottish parliament.

The Alex Salmond inquiry and the political stink at Holyrood

Instead, it's all about his wider conspiracy theory, which - while possible - seems far less clear cut than the porkies told to Scot Parl.

How can this be?
But they are covering it, and giving Ruthie a decent bit of airtime. I got a strong sense of the Beeb feeling the need to cover it, but unsure which way to slant it.

What influence does Nippy have with the BBC or is it more of an Anti-English (racist fascist pigs that they are) thing they're happy to roll with?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
What influence does Nippy have with the BBC or is it more of an Anti-English (racist fascist pigs that they are) thing they're happy to roll with?
Fits in with the usual Boris/Brexit grrrr, it'll all end in tears mode currently in vogue with the BBC

But they are covering it, and giving Ruthie a decent bit of airtime. I got a strong sense of the Beeb feeling the need to cover it, but unsure which way to slant it.
And now Laura's in on the act - but again the resignation issue is "brushed over". Inexplicably.

The impact of the SNP fallout is hard to predict

Who will lead the Boris Grrr, we love the EU charge, if not St Nic?

It's the total absence of discussion of the potentially nailed-on resignation issue that is curious. The evidence is already out there, yet is not mentioned. Can you imagine one of HMGs tory ministers being given such a free pass?

Truxx

LE
It shouldn't be slanting it. It should just be covering it.

Remember - the BBC doesn't do campaigns.
I suppose that a better way of putting it was that they came across as unaccustomed to neutral coverage.

I fully expect the pack instincts to come to the fore now, as others look sideways, see the Beeb covering it, thinking it must be important and therefore we need to feature it, then the inevitable "oooo ahhh" race to the bottom.

Splendid.

It's XXXXXXX depressing, not funny. The license fee paid by the British public is now being used to actively discourage the usage of correct English in Africa, because it's "more inclusive". Effectively it's promoting the use of a peasant patois over the global language of business and science, potentially condemning a whole continent to poor comprehension and therefore lesser achievement in those fields.

Well done you do-gooding virtue signallers, well done.

(Edit: Just removed sweary mary words as this is in CA)
The link now says

Bear attack Alaska woman as she dey use toilet for Chilkat Lake bush​

maybe a rare grown up had a word.

TamH70

MIA
The link now says

Bear attack Alaska woman as she dey use toilet for Chilkat Lake bush​

maybe a rare grown up had a word.

I disagree. If a rare (proper) grown-up had a word, the BBC Pidgin service would be taken out the back, thanked for its service (hah), and humanely shot in the back of the head, with a sign on its old webpage saying, "Please learn English, or French, or indeed Mandarin Chinese, and use them as they are proper languages instead of the previously used old slave-trade lingua franca."

Truxx

LE
I suppose that a better way of putting it was that they came across as unaccustomed to neutral coverage.

I fully expect the pack instincts to come to the fore now, as others look sideways, see the Beeb covering it, thinking it must be important and therefore we need to feature it, then the inevitable "oooo ahhh" race to the bottom.

Splendid.
Apologies for self quoting but top of the ITN news.

My case rests.

BBC2 just had a program between Romesh adverts promoting Red Nobs day.
(Pinched from BiasedBBC).