Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Black-list is fine. White-wash oth has been added to the blacklist.
It’s all very uncomplicated...

• the terms 'white list', 'white lists' and 'white listed' have been blacklisted and are not to be used under any circumstances
  • the terms 'black list', 'black lists' and 'black listed' have been whitelisted and thus, may be freely used.

• the terms 'white list', 'white lists' and 'white listed' have been blacklisted and are not to be used under any circumstances
  • the terms 'black list', 'black lists' and 'black listed' have been whitelisted and thus, may be freely used.
Thank you.
I have chalked this all up.

According to the BBC there is now a news blackout on discussing the blacklist.
A member of the BBC when questioned about this fake news said "well it's just a little white lie".

Last edited:

Has this info been greenlit for publication?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
white people?
So, they were doing blackface.

All that soot.

^And here is a point. I'm sitting here thinking 'Dare I post this?', 'Will I get ROPs?', 'Will it offend?'

I am not trying to stereotype BAME individuals as criminals. I am in fact lampooning the continual faux outrage relating to issues of colour.

The sad thing is that any level of proportionality or perspective has long since gone out of the window.

The moment you think...should I post this, they have won.
They ‘won’ years ago imho. I lost count of the number of times I had to hover over the send button before firing off an email in Army HQ!
Thank the Lord I am no longer constrained by Political Correctness or Unconscious Bias in the work place.
As for mixing with the great British public and dropping a bollock whilst out and about? Meh! Social Distancing is the way ahead for me! :-D

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

The will be like a red-rag to a bull for some!

So, they were doing blackface.

All that soot.

^And here is a point. I'm sitting here thinking 'Dare I post this?', 'Will I get ROPs?', 'Will it offend?'

I am not trying to stereotype BAME individuals as criminals. I am in fact lampooning the continual faux outrage relating to issues of colour.

The sad thing is that any level of proportionality or perspective has long since gone out of the window.
Window? You bigot! You need to be censured and cancelled for promoting the supremacy of euro-centric architectural norms, which alienate those of other constructional heritage.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The moment you think...should I post this, they have won.
Well, given that we've got a cancer-faking buffoon on this site who seems to brand any form of discussion or challenge to current orthodoxies over what constitutes racism as racism, rather than what really is racism, hesitancy is understandable.

On the other hand, he serves as a living, breathing, identifiable example of how absurd things have become.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Beeb seems to think our vaccine programme is good, careful not to say that Boris's team has got it more right than virtually any other country esp. the EU.
Come on, get with the agenda! Boris is there for the BBC to lay all blame, and credit has nothing whatsoever to do with PMBJ or his team.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Come on, get with the agenda! Boris is there for the BBC to lay all blame, and credit has nothing whatsoever to do with PMBJ or his team.

There was an uncomfortable moment on Jeremy Vine earlier when a publican stated that the Govt has done a brilliant job on the vaccination programme. A moment's tense silence, followed by a change of subject...

Latest Threads