Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Tyk

LE
@Not a Boffin is that 480 THOUSAND on Friday verifiable?
I'm not saying you're wrong, just that it needs to be rammed down the throats of the BBC in a "Why the fark are you reporting doom and gloom and ignoring this?" context.

It's another example (assuming it can be verified) of the BBC showing a clear bias in talking down the UK, in this case by omission.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Indeed. BBC News home page leading with 4000 on ventilators and a whinge from the Doctors union ( referred to as "senior doctors", obvs) about second jab interval.

Strangely no notice of the truly stupendous total of 480000 jabs yesterday, up 16 percent on Thursday. No comparison with the somewhat less impressive EU effort. Why could that possibly be?
I googled the BMA 'expert' interview on ITV. He's a political campaigner. Not for the Conservatives, I assume.

No mention of this on the name label....

I googled the BMA 'expert' interview on ITV. He's a political campaigner. Not for the Conservatives, I assume.

They do have previous for seeding their audiences with left leaning supporters and passing off left leaning political diatribes as a Joe Public vox pop often featuring Labour supporters.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that it needs to be rammed down the throats of the BBC in a "Why the fark are you reporting doom and gloom and ignoring this?" context.

It's another example (assuming it can be verified) of the BBC showing a clear bias in talking down the UK, in this case by omission.
It's the HMG official stat, which in fairness to auntie, is on their site in the "daily figures' slide. But no prominence given. You have to look for it.

BMA are right up there with whatever the NUT is called these days.

These are the people consistently peddling the "underfunded NHS" myth, which which actually means "increase NHS budget by 4% pa in real terms" irrespective of affordability.

Tyk

LE
It's the HMG official stat, which in fairness to auntie, is on their site in the "daily figures' slide. But no prominence given. You have to look for it.

Thanks, I can't say I'm shocked that it's there, but strategically hidden rather than an important headline, which I believe it is. The BBC can argue the news was reported if challenged.
480 thousand vaccinated in a single day is the polar opposite of piffling small change, it's major news and also in stark contrast to what would have been possible if we were using the EU approach. Of course a Brexit positive is verboten as not part of the narrative.
Goebbels would have loved todays BBC.

BMA are right up there with whatever the NUT is called these days.
The National Education Union (NEU), formed when the NUTters joined forces with the ATL. There were murmurs about merging with the NASUWT to create a 'super union' but that seems to have thankfully come to nothing.

NSP

LE

It's a seven days a week operation, too - my old dear's getting her Part One tomorrow.

Appointment for Part Two already logged.

Or maybe do a bit of thinking about whether or not living in a country where the majority language is some form of English or other is a good idea?

If I wanted to live among Les Grenouilles, I'd have to learn French. Or leave.
You can have a translator attend meetings and documents translated
You just have to pay for it

The frogs wont provide translations in umpteen languages etc.

What they will do is give you language lessons fre of charge, of course howls of racist - discriminationary etc - but personally as it gives you a better chance of integrating, finding work etc id argue it was the better system.

The new VP was described as 'a president in waiting' on the six o'clock shocker. Hmm...
Galling when you think - she was roundly rejected as a Presidential nominee** , That in itself you would think make you innelligible for the VP position.

Instead shes likely to become President by the cynical manipulation of the system.

**Minor edit for clarity - one of those i know what i mean moments

Last edited:
It's very good on several levels - not least of which is that what the BBC has done to Doctor Who is what it and the Woke movement is attempting to do to the whole of society and its history. It's a really useful metaphor.

Doctor Who has been shredded. Everything in it that worked and was loved has been thrown under the progressive bus. It's been re-cast, irrevocably. And damn what people think. As your previous post noted, never mind if you like it, it's what you're getting.

What can possibly be done to Doctor Who now to bring it back from where it is?

Its probably beyond recovery and if it isnt then the medicine will be just to bitter - because the doctor to save the show will have to be a (straight) white man, anything else and the audience will see a continuation of the current - red shirt syndrome** regardless of promises made by writers.

and thats a pill the BBC will not swallow - a straight white male doctor will never be acceptable again because thats not diverse and they dont see the problem - they fail to see it isnt that the doctor isnt a white man - its the fact that a white mans unnacceptable and that cultural position has permeated the whole show.
Instead as they did with Captain Marvell - If you dont like it youre the problem . You dont like empowered female Leads - carefully ignoring the success of Alita battle angel and Wonder woman in the same time frame.

And if one more person tells me that the problem is men dont like to see a strong female lead and Bree Larson is the 1st so bound to be attacked, I swear i will shove life sized replicas of Sigorney Weaver, Angelina Jolie, milla jovovich amongst others somewhere it will require a team of skilled surgeons and an industrial sized tub of vaseline to remove as I hammer home the point that no she bloody isnt

**In this instance straight white male = villan

Seems like the BBC conforms to this definition in it's aim to condition our population using it's broadcast output by targeting the most vulnerable:

"Social engineering is a discipline in social science that refers to efforts to influence particular attitudes and social behaviors on a large scale, whether by governments, media, or private groups in order to produce desired characteristics in a target population. Social engineering can also be understood philosophically as a deterministic phenomenon where the intentions and goals of the architects of the new social construct are realized ..."

So the BBC is saved again (Oliver Dowden) and fits neatly into what I've been arguing recently, that Saint Boris is a progressive shill, who poses regularly as a libertarian but is anything but.

anglo

LE
Taken from the BBC news reports on the internet
Just one more reason why the BBC should be broken up or shut down

There is clear evidence that black and minority ethnic groups are at higher risk of dying from COVID-19 than the rest of the population though that risk may not be the same for all ethnic groups. Data from the ONS published on 7 May show that, after adjusting for age, men and women of black ethnicity were at highest risk. They were more than four times as likely to die from COVID-19 compared to people of white ethnicity

Why compare it to white deaths

Zubaida Haque*, the deputy director of the Runnymede Trust, a race equality think tank, described the findings as alarming. “We cannot ignore how important racial discrimination groups,” she said. “These factors are important but are not taken into account in most statistical modelling of Covid-19 risk factors.”
Because of racial discrimination the virus kills more BAME people

"Bangladeshi men are four times as likely as white British men to have jobs in shutdown industries, with Pakistani men nearly three times as likely," she said.
This is partly because of their heavy concentration in the restaurant and taxi sector, she suggested.
"Household savings are lower than average among black Africans, black Caribbeans and Bangladeshis," she added.
The virus doesn't care how much money you have, and it's also colour-blind

Generations in households
Evidence in papers seen by the government's scientific advisers shows that young and old living together in ethnic minority households may also be a factor in the spread of the virus.
Just 8% of white over-70s live in households with someone younger than 50 - whereas two-thirds live with younger generations in Bangladeshi households, 60% in Pakistani households and 27-36% in black households.
They live together like that because whitey won't give them decent housing,
or is it because they like to live in family groups
If comments like this were made by a white person there would be hell to pay
Zubaida Haque *

Screenshot_2021-01-24 Zubaida Haque - Google Search.png

What the BBC don't tell you
If the above is true then the people in Africa should be dying in their millions,
but that's not happening,

The total population in South Africa is 60 million, there are 4 million whites,
using the same criteria as that used in the UK, more whites are dying than blacks
if you break it down to ethnic grouping

For the whole of Africa
Confirmed deaths from coronavirus in the UK stood at 46,853 by Nov. 3 2020, according to the Department of Health, and over a million cases have been recorded since the pandemic began.
That’s approximately 4,000 more reported deaths than on the entire African continent, where reported deaths were said to exceed 43,000 from COVID-19 by Nov. 3, according to the World Health Organization’s Regional Office for Africa (WHO Africa). The continent has recorded over 1.7 million cases.
Considering the size of the population across Africa’s 54 nations — 1.2 billion — and the fact that it houses the majority of the world’s poorest countries, the relatively low number of COVID-19 deaths in the pandemic so far has come as huge relief.
Ever since the first case on the continent was identified, scientists and health experts have been extremely concerned that African countries with the weakest health systems would be completely overwhelmed by the spread of the virus, leading to a devastating death toll.

Of interest,

How often have we seen Susan Michie interviewed as a "member of SAGE"? Aye she is a member of the left leaning alternative SAGE and allegedly a member of the Communist Party of Great Britain.

How often have we seen Susan Michie interviewed as a "member of SAGE"? Aye she is a member of the left leaning alternative SAGE and allegedly a member of the Communist Party of Great Britain.
Exactly. From wiki: "Susan Fiona Dorinthea Michie (born 19 June 1955) is a British psychologist and political activist" Susan Michie - Wikipedia
She is married to Andrew Murray who like her was also CPGB for forty years, until he joined Labour.
Who better to get "SAGE" advice from on matters affecting the UK economy. You couldn't make it up. Why is she particularly in both the official and unofficial SAGEs? This really boiled my piss when I heard about it last year. Still steaming.

Guido archives on Michie and Murray:
Susan Michie Archives
Andrew Murray Archives

ETA from last year: Father of the House Calls Out BBC Over Marxist Michie

Last edited:

Latest Threads