Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

If I recall correctly, the phrase I alluded to was in this or one of his other recent Doctor Who reviews, which are equally bang on the mark as are his observations generally.
Another one who can’t stand what has happened to Dr Who

He has other reviews of Dr Who which are just as scathing on YouTube (some lasting nearly 30 mins which include showing how the BBC massages the viewing figures when comparing previous doctors and shredding the comments from Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall).

He also savages Star Trek : Discovery which has also gone woke like Dr Who.

You think they'll allow any further elections?
They'd better.

The inaugural of Sleepy Joe.jpg

That is very good.

It's very good on several levels - not least of which is that what the BBC has done to Doctor Who is what it and the Woke movement is attempting to do to the whole of society and its history. It's a really useful metaphor.

Doctor Who has been shredded. Everything in it that worked and was loved has been thrown under the progressive bus. It's been re-cast, irrevocably. And damn what people think. As your previous post noted, never mind if you like it, it's what you're getting.

What can possibly be done to Doctor Who now to bring it back from where it is?

All that it was has been nailed to a small, 'modern', diverse agenda. The huge concepts in the background of it for nigh-on 60 years have been absolutely trivialised. Unless we pretend that it's part of the Great Reset, that we have a Dallas-style 'It was all just a terrible dream' and wake up from the point at which Jodie Whittaker 'regenerated', the franchise is comprehensively fùcked.

(Psst: Even that won't work.)

Don't just blame the writer - though there's culpability enough there. There's once again a whole commissioning, realisation and sign-off process involved before shooting starts which involves many people.

There are numerous stages at which someone - someone plural - could have asked 'Is this good enough?', 'Does it hold to the spirit of what's gone before?', 'Will it please the fan base?', 'Will it please and entertain the wider BBC audience?'

The answer to all of those questions is 'No'.

Oh, the other question - given the need to make money internationally and compete with some rather good Sci-Fi from elsewhere is, 'Does this stack up in terms of intelligence, intricacy and sheer entertainment by comparison with what else is out there?'

... to which the answer is still 'No'.

I mean, FFS, there's plenty of good Sci-Fi/Steampunk and so on out there. The script for this must have been written in Comic Sans. With crayons. After a really good night on the sauce, and against a same-day deadline.

This is/was supposed to be flagship stuff. It's a jewel-in-the-crown, to-be-cherished show.

And this was what the BBC did to it this year.

The same BBC that is saying to people - me included - that 'if' it uses my response to the viewer-satisfaction survey.

Fùck 'em. I mean, seriously fùck 'em. The bunch of talentless, patronising, intellectually bereft losers.

He has other reviews of Dr Who which are just as scathing on YouTube (some lasting nearly 30 mins which include showing how the BBC massages the viewing figures when comparing previous doctors and shredding the comments from Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall).

These are great replies lads, can you copy them over to the Female Dr Who thread too?

I've watched a fair few of his vids and the summary could feed into my general views..... The summary would be, the leading characters are always diversity, we are supposed to root for and free of sin and almost perfect(mary sue), or if male, desperately in need of a support act who is stronger and usually female again.

The drinker should review a days telly on the BBC. Because its fictional stuff is as unwatchable as the news and reminds me of an old soviet/german propaganda film.

Diversity is Strength
Unity is Strength
Eh, that is a contradiction !

syrup

LE
Oh, I see the new Doctor is to be another woman.

It can't be it needs to be someone who identifies as transgender.

The first doctor although an alien adopted the human form of a man and had a grand daughter which would suggest that even aliens conform to the female / male species.
I do believe in one episode he also had a daughter suggesting she identified as female.

However the Doctor currently is in the form of a female
This would suggest in the current vernacular that they / their / he / she are Transgender and can switch between sexes.

So from this it opens up some questions and a possible can of worms.

We cannot simply write the doctor off as an alien.
Aliens fall into political correctness categories also.
Note Flash Gordon now carries a warning about cultural misinterpretation and outdated attitudes due to Max Von Sydow playing Emperor Ming who identifies as Alien / Asian but MVS is a Swede.
Swedes shouldn't play Asians with funny eyes that is cultural misappropriation

Using that logic a woman can't be a man or a man can't be a woman.
It needs to be someone who identifies as Transgender

Note also the man who started all this Russell T Davis recent comments about only gay actors can play gay parts.
Therefore the next actor to play the Doctor must be Transgender

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

The first doctor although an alien adopted the human form of a man and had a grand daughter which would suggest that even aliens conform to the female / male species.
I do believe in one episode he also had a daughter suggesting she identified as female.

This would suggest in the current vernacular that they / their / he / she are Transgender and can switch between sexes.

Note Flash Gordon now carries a warning about cultural misinterpretation and outdated attitudes due to Max Von Sydow playing Emperor Ming who identifies as Alien / Asian but MVS is a Swede.

Note also the man who started all this Russell T Davis recent comments about only gay actors can play gay parts.

Well, The Doctor has two hearts. All we have to do is also declare 14 sets of genitalia.

Where do I send my invoice?

syrup

LE
As opposed to the Red Indians aka Native Americans aka The First Nation.

I do believe a lot of Native Americans came out and stated they didn't mind when they were called Red Indians.
It was the white man getting all offended on their behalf that annoyed them.

See also Kemo Shabii getting uptight about a football team.

I do believe a lot of Native Americans came out and stated they didn't mind when they were called Red Indians.
It was the white man getting all offended on their behalf that annoyed them.

See also Kemo Shabii getting uptight about a football team.

Perhaps thread drift (apologies) but when does this racist and stereotypical nastiness get the boot?

Unknown.jpg

syrup

LE
Sorry but shouldn't the next Doctor err, be a Doctor?

My head is hurting.

But then we would need to see a framed certificate in the Tardis with his qualifications on.
Brian Blessed has wings in Flash Gordon but again can provide no evidence of having completed "course arduous"

Can' simply have people turning up and walting it on T.V.
This will cause heads to explode on here

You may laugh but there was once a thread on here about Bernard Cribbins appearing on Doctor Who wearing airborne emblems on his woolly hat.

Truxx

LE

Beeb well ahead of you I fear.

Dr Who is already trans.

She used to be a bloke.

Latest Threads