Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

His telly show has been the same. Topics this week: is Trump the worst ever president (hint, yes)? Should Trump be arrested (hint, yes)? Top five worst Trump moments etc. The anti Trump bias is staggering, the anti Boris grr bias is a close second.

Can't wait for Uncle Joe's first state visit to this here United Great English Kingdom to see if St Victoria of Derbyshire
will trot out a Biden Blimp:

1611161051832.png

Last edited:
I’ve heard the phrase “Trump - one term President” being said with relish this afternoon on the Beeb. Lots of creaming of knickers and trousers going on at the moment and I suspect the dry cleaning bill will be picked up by us Licence payers!

I’ve heard the phrase “Trump - one term President” being said with relish this afternoon on the Beeb. Lots of creaming of knickers and trousers going on at the moment and I suspect the dry cleaning bill will be picked up by us Licence payers!
I suspect they have just forgotten to mention Trump’s fellow 1-termers: Taft, Hoover, Carter and GHW Bush inter alia.
Edit of Bush’s initials to add an H.

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Damn. Shame they didn't manage to indict him, eh?

That leaves the door open next time...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I am surprised that I have not heard any of the "unbiased" BBC reporters saying that Boden is in line for the Nobel Prize a la Obama. Get rid of a Republican POTUS = Nobel Prize :rolleyes:

I am surprised that I have not heard any of the "unbiased" BBC reporters saying that Boden is in line for the Nobel Prize a la Obama. Get rid of a Republican POTUS = Nobel Prize :rolleyes:
The way some people I know are raving about Obama’s recent magnus opus, somebody will no doubt put him forward for a Nobel Prize for Literature.

The individual guilt of the BBC employee is not my concern. More to the point, I don't pay for that/those individual(s) to inflict their guilt on me. More yet, if the BBC is employing people purely on the basis of their guilt, there's one hell of diversity issue, there.

I don't feel guilt for who I am, as I simply have no need to. I'm not guilty of anything, and skin colour is neither guilt enough nor a clear indicator of my prejudices or lack of.

To state that the majority can never understand the minority's woes is nonsense - utter nonsense.

I have for some years been part of a social group that often sees me, an IC1, be the minority in the room. I have travelled to countries where I stick out like a sore thumb (and, incidentally, where law and order is a lot more tenuous than here in the UK).

Most of all, define 'majority'. If I'm white-skinned and gay, what then? I'm 'majority' and 'not'. There's at least one ARRSEr that I can think of who has undergone full gender reassignment but is white... still 'majority', then?

...actually, I'm originally from the northeast. When I moved south, my accent marked me out and from some people I got a fair bit of abuse at times. But... I'm white. Dilemma, huh? Part of the majority, but with experience of being on the end of abuse because I was different.

But even without that, for you to suggest that the majority cannot empathise is to indulge in the worst kind of identity politics, frankly. It's a conceit. A decent person is a decent person, and visiting the sins of the father (or the great-great-great-grandfather) on a decent person is...

...discrimination.
Neither do I hold any guilt. But I just thought it worth exploring, the underlying reasons why the BBC are completely incapable of seeing its own bias.... Its staff hail from a class of people who have fallen heavily into a reality, which believes that we all have to atone and adopted religious rituals of self criticism, to help create a new utopia that won't fail. Anyone who perceives any other reality, live in a false consciousness and are liars, to be ignored, shamed or cancelled.

If anyone is interested in my motivations/sources:-
I read this stuff, trying to understand why New Labour seemed embarked on destroying what little society we had left and what motivated it and why the inheritors of Blair, infest all our institutions. I would point you, to the Frankfurt school, as they're inspired the European Left and formed the philosophical core of New Labour and to what extent, Gramsci influenced the new left on both sides of the Atlantic.

I'd assume that others here have received a request to participate in their 'survey about the BBC', which I've just completed. I'm afraid that I may have overused the term 'cultish', and heavy emphasis on the 2011 census figures showing the numbers of black people in the UK (to whom the organisation seems to be directing 96% of their output).

I'd assume that others here have received a request to participate in their 'survey about the BBC', which I've just completed. I'm afraid that I may have overused the term 'cultish', and heavy emphasis on the 2011 census figures showing the numbers of black people in the UK (to whom the organisation seems to be directing 96% of their output).
Well that is two of us then.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Shouldn’t that be ‘The BBC is the only runner in a race to the bottom - and losing!’
No, that would mean that the BBC are actually not doing it, it is just happenstance. No the BBC are deliberate and determined to win!