Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The weird thing of course. Is the training, is designed to flush out anyone who doesn't have the unconscious bias towards one narrative. So, we have a process where the BBC goes ever more woke overtime and why its so much more biased now(unconsciously so), than it was at the height of the thatcher era, where it at least was open about some of its hostility.
The BBC asserts unconscious bias when people are off-message in terms of a tight liberal agenda - and also when not; white people, remember, are all, constantly, guilty of unconscious bias just by virtue of their skin colour.

That in itself is an unconscious bias.

Note your words: unconscious bias towards one narrative. In other words, conscious bias is better, or okay?

Nah, that's prejudice.

True unconscious bias is very difficult to achieve, to the extent that I reckon it's beyond the emotional abilities of the majority of us, the majority of the time.

Except, of course, the omniscient liberal elite...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The BBC news system being the portal for news to enter the UK seems to find it difficult, nay impossible, to find anything happening anywhere in the world other than a wee event happening in Washington, DC, USA!

They even sent Emily Maitlis over to the USA for this event, and no doubt a team of people to support her, even when the BBC has staff permanently based there.

Waste of licence fee money - again.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
The BBC news system being the portal for news to enter the UK seems to find it difficult, nay impossible, to find anything happening anywhere in the world other than a wee event happening in Washington, DC, USA!

They even sent Emily Maitlis over to the USA for this event, and no doubt a team of people to support her, even when the BBC has staff permanently based there.

I for one believe that any licence funds expended on removing Ms Maitlis from the UK is money well spent. The return ticket, however...

No point pleading poverty and begging for a licence tax increase if there is a surplus of cash in the bank...

Licence payer money is there to be wasted and it ain’t gonna waste itself -luckily the BBC always stands ready and willing to the job.

One story that seems to be missing, and I would have thought the BBC would be over it like a tramp on chips is the fact that 2000 vaccines have been re-distributed to Astra Zeneca employees as they have had an outbreak, surprised they haven't managed to spin it to be all Boris's fault.

It was. I’ve seen it 3 times so far (twice yesterday and once today) and felt uncomfortable watching it each time.
And he, and the same article, is now on BBC 5 live.
It is unrelenting FFS.

If you ask them to confirm the cost of such an exercise, they will hide behind the curtains of a part of the FOIA which gives them an exemption under the heading of "journalistic endeavour" or some such weasel get out. They will also claim that Maitlis brings her own "distinctive, inimitable and recognisable style of reporting" a la Myrie, as I found out when I asked about the cost of sending Myrie to Australia last year.

Their book of "Standard phrases to be used when telling the public to piss off" must be thicker than the Encyclopedia Brittanica.

Fabius Maximus

Old-Salt

This always ******* grips me - the need to decamp to somewhere near the event they are covering - why do they need to be there to tell us the news. That’s what the report piece is for.

The BBC asserts unconscious bias when people are off-message in terms of a tight liberal agenda - and also when not; white people, remember, are all, constantly, guilty of unconscious bias just by virtue of their skin colour.

That in itself is an unconscious bias.

Note your words: unconscious bias towards one narrative. In other words, conscious bias is better, or okay?

Nah, that's prejudice.

True unconscious bias is very difficult to achieve, to the extent that I reckon it's beyond the emotional abilities of the majority of us, the majority of the time.

Except, of course, the omniscient liberal elite...
The psychological line is that failure often flows from the unconscious mind rebelling against the conscious and its why self criticism came about... The conflict, through say the church or psychologist seeks to unburden your mind and allow the brain to process both and come to a balanced psychological position. The authoritarians and the Beeb want to follow the more immoral line, of defining what is balanced in advance through a political lense and that archetype, is the position that all good citizens should be matching, otherwise, they're are either stupid, or criminal.

The Beeb thinks that way unconsciously and why it continues to demand self criticism for everyone but itself.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The psychological line is that failure often flows from the unconscious mind rebelling against the conscious and its why self criticism came about... The conflict, through say the church or psychologist seeks to unburden your mind and allow the brain to process both and come to a balanced psychological position. The authoritarians and the Beeb want to follow the more immoral line, of defining what is balanced in advance through a political lense and that archetype, is the position that all good citizens should be matching, otherwise, they're are either stupid, or criminal.

The Beeb thinks that way unconsciously and why it continues to demand self criticism for everyone but itself.
I think you're overthinking it.

I think you're overthinking it.
Did you actually understand that post. You could make more sense out of a tin of alphabettispaghetti after putting it through a blender.