Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Duke of Wellington Walt
Glasgow knows how to treat the Dook,
download (1).jpeg

Every time the Council removed the traffic cone it was replaced within minutes, so I believe the decision was taken to leave it there :)

TamH70

MIA
Glasgow knows how to treat the Dook,
View attachment 540724

Every time the Council removed the traffic cone it was replaced within minutes, so I believe the decision was taken to leave it there :)

As far as I recall the last time Glasgow City Council, the utter spackers that they are, removed the cone from Wellesley's napper, not only did it get replaced rather promptly, but the horse got one as well.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
As far as I recall the last time Glasgow City Council, the utter spackers that they are, removed the cone from Wellesley's napper, not only did it get replaced rather promptly, but the horse got one as well.
Quite right. Diversity and all that.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Thank god no one reads the news online
It's just the needless hysteria of some of the responses.

Was he talented? Yes. Was he flawed? Yes.

We know he committed murder. He was in jail for it.

Am I never going to listen to 'River deep, mountain high' ever again because of that? Doubtful. Am I comfortable that he killed someone? Of course I'm bloody well not.

I notice the BBC have stopped going on about vaccine wastage since they were put straight by an expert this afternoon, who explained why some vaccine has to be binned.

I notice the BBC have stopped going on about vaccine wastage since they were put straight by an expert this afternoon, who explained why some vaccine has to be binned.
Because as the doctor said, some BAME are not turning up?

Because as the doctor said, some BAME are not turning up?
All the reasons that are this thread I think, but basically people not turning up, some people turning up but not having the vaccine, time expired doses and not having enough vaccine left in the bottle etc.
That is why some vaccination centres overbook so that they are not left with any spare vaccine which they may have to bin due to no shows and refusals.
Did not specifically mention the BAME community.

Slime

LE
Remember Boris's father shouting the odds and undermining Boris,
all the air time the BBC gave the t***
The BBC seem to have missed this, unless it's in the small print somewhere

Stanley Johnson reveals he is due his second Covid vaccination today three weeks after getting first… despite son Boris Johnson telling rest of UK to wait 12 weeks for their follow-up jab

Three weeks is pretty good, the second jabs are at roughly five weeks after for the people I know who have had them.

Sorry can’t find it on Website or iPlayer at present as it was a web interview with a woman professor with Simon McCoy. Cannot remember the college (Leeds School Of Medicine?)
Crap reporter aren’t I.

Three weeks is pretty good, the second jabs are at roughly five weeks after for the people I know who have had them.
Even the BBC agreed tonight that the three weeks is getting booked on first jab

All the reasons that are this thread I think, but basically people not turning up, some people turning up but not having the vaccine, time expired doses and not having enough vaccine left in the bottle etc.
That is why some vaccination centres overbook so that they are not left with any spare vaccine which they may have to bin due to no shows and refusals.
Did not specifically mention the BAME community.
To be fair, if it was a found that the majority of no shows were of the BAME community, would it be reported in today's climate?

If it was an issue it would be spun as the government not doing enough to ensure the BAME community are fully informed and able to attend for a jab. . . . Institutionalised racism etc.

Cynical? Moi?

To be fair, if it was a found that the majority of no shows were of the BAME community, would it be reported in today's climate?

If it was an issue it would be spun as the government not doing enough to ensure the BAME community are fully informed and able to attend for a jab. . . . Institutionalised racism etc.

Cynical? Moi?
It was, on Sunday

Latest Threads