Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Point of order Ms K was born in Italy. Her link to Scotland was being brought up in Glasgow and then reading History at Edinburgh Uni.
(Wikipedia entry)
I was born in Singapore, don't make me Malayan. I then spent my early years and first school in the Gold Coast (soon to become Ghana), don't make me African.

LK born to Scottish parents with a bit of furrin on the paternal side ancestry, but she is a Weegie.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Heh.

Were she Italian, she would be better able to recognise a true far-Right party.

NB: This is as true today as it was in the 1930s, just for reference; despite all the rubbish spouted, unlike numerous other European countries the UK doesn't have a far-Right party in mainstream politics.

Gabion Groyne

Old-Salt
I was born in Singapore, don't make me Malayan. I then spent my early years and first school in the Gold Coast (soon to become Ghana), don't make me African.

LK born to Scottish parents with a bit of furrin on the paternal side ancestry, but she is a Weegie.
As in, 'Just because you're born in a stable doesn't make you a horse'.

The two articles opened up today in the BBC’s fight against Johnson/Government/Brexit... The first:

1610966489265.png

With comnents from the BBC Rent-a-Crowd like...

Bob said:
The biggest Covidiots in our country - Johnson, Cummings, Hancock, Williamson, Patel. Anyone see the common denominator

JayBee said:
Cause - years of under funding by successive Tory governments. We should be ashamed of this.

Keep going BBC... This railing against a government you don’t like shit is what the licence tax was intended for...

The second article has really got the dribbling moon howlers out in force...

1610967038813.png

Madashell said:
MPs should not be salaried if they have another generous source of income. They are there to serve their constituents and there country. Being an MP is a privilege they volunteer to do. Sadly it’s become the most lucrative of temporary jobs.

Circus maxima said:
Boris.... the spinning clown....honk honk. He will tell his policy just as soon as somebody pours this bucket of water down his trousers and eveyone laughs. honk honk.

Aye, but how does she identify herself. No one would choose to be Scottish would they?

I wonder how many of those comments are generated within the walls of New Broadcasting House.
That is a fair comment... The BBC knows its audience and that is why we never see articles that may attract pro Brexit or pro government/pro Johnson opened up for Have Your Say.

On the rare occasion they get a response leaning away from their agenda, HYS is taken down fairly quickly.

Although he apparently never said it, I believe it was said of him by Daniel O'Connell (I only discovered this myself a few weeks ago).
In that case

Daniel O'Connell walt.

Latest Threads