Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

The role will be redundant now. The Chairman Elect has already decreed that the BBC is impartial.

The £325k p.a.can now be spent on more important things like monitoring the number of crucially important national news items...

Are women let down by period trackers?​

When journalist Orla Barry received a notification from her iPhone informing her that her period was due "any day in the next three weeks", she shared it on social media with wry amusement.
It wasn't the first time she'd received such an unspecific notification from the app, and it prompted others to share their stories.​
"I got one which said my period was 56 days late," wrote one.​
"My notification said 'the next nine days'," said another.​

Pffft...never mind period poverty eh? Somebody’s iPhone got the wrong day - far more newsworthy.
Thing is if they asked their husbands (wives) I bet they could have got it within the hour.

In ink, boy, for your impertinence.

And on unlined paper.

And as for you . . .

Judges 15:8

Think on.
My history teacher used to rip a page out of an old book in Latin for us to copy, instead of lines

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I see that the Elgin Marbles have a new name:

That's the BBC for you. Can't possibly use the name they've had for a century and a half, it might offend Stavros down the kebab house, (Whose great great great granny had been using the original site as a crapper-cum-free builders merchant before Lord Elgin bought the friezes, all legal and above board IIRC).

That's the BBC for you. Can't possibly use the name they've had for a century and a half, it might offend Stavros down the kebab house, (Whose great great great granny had been using the original site as a crapper-cum-free builders merchant before Lord Elgin bought the friezes, all legal and above board IIRC).

Stavros? 'E's a bubble, right?"

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This thread is moving slightly off line so let's give you all something to add to your dislike of the BBC and get your ire flowing in your veins again.

What have
Andrew Marr
Laura Keunessberg
Andrew Neil
got in common, apart from working for the BBC?

They are all Scottish! That will have stirred the pot a bit :)

This thread is moving slightly off line so let's give you all something to add to your dislike of the BBC and get your ire flowing in your veins again.

What have
Andrew Marr
Laura Keunessberg
Andrew Neil

Ah yes, Laura Kuenessberg of Clan Kuenessberg fine old Scottish name.
A fruit based drink for the lady?

Ah yes, Laura Kuenessberg of Clan Kuenessberg fine old Scottish name.
A fruit based drink for the lady?
That’s no lady that’s my Political Editor.

Fat Driver

Old-Salt
Er9b-zyXMAYt2Yg.jpg

Convicted of murder but just a "flaw"?

What have
Andrew Marr
Laura Keunessberg
Andrew Neil

Grossly overpaid?

Yokel

LE
As I have said before - the BBC must be doing something right in that those on the left consider them to be right wing, and those on the right consider them to be left wing. If you live on a pole, anyone at a less extreme latitude is from the opposite direction - see Professor Stephen Pinker's concept of 'the left pole'

This old cartoon says it all:

p16630coll23458-1000.jpg

Last edited:

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
As I have said before - the BBC must be doing something right in that those on the left consider them to be right wing, and those on the right consider them to be left wing. If you live on a pole, anyone at a less extreme latitude is from the opposite direction - see Professor Stephen Pinker's concept of 'the left pole'

This old cartoon says it all:

View attachment 540388
You were wrong when you said it before, and you're still wrong .

Read the entirety of this thread for reasons why and evidence.

Tyk

LE
Jobs for the boys?

BBC's anti-bias boss: Senior executive is paid £325,000 a year to monitor whether the Corporation is impartial

Ken MacQuarrie given title of Executive Sponsor Safeguarding Impartiality Stood down as BBC director for nationals and regions at the end of last year He joined the BBC as a researcher in 1975 and BBC say new role is temporary

Not forgetting that he will have a staff of eleventy all with salaries in the 50-100k levels.
It takes a lot of effort trawling through the broadcasts done to provide balance only on BBC Radio Timbuktu at silly o'clock when there's been a powercut of course. They're done so the lack of bias is demonstrable.

Last edited:

What have
Andrew Marr
Laura Keunessberg
Andrew Neil

Point of order Ms K was born in Italy. Her link to Scotland was being brought up in Glasgow and then reading History at Edinburgh Uni.
(Wikipedia entry)