Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

In ink, boy, for your impertinence.

And on unlined paper.

And as for you . . .

I of
you of
he/she/it has
we of
you of
they of

Can't really see what's the problem here.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5, 6-7)

Judges 15:8

Think on.

Next time you’re in Castlereagh, be a good lad, and put up a blue plaque to the lads who kicked the shit out of (oops, I meant used ‘unorthodox interrogation methods’) on IRA suspects back in the day please.
And thow him down to the ground, Sir!?

This made me smile. I can remember my paternal grandparents’ number from the early 1960s. When it would ring I was told to answer it with “Hatfield 2412, hello?”. It later became 62412 when I was about 10. I have been here in Ross for nearly 6 years and still struggle to remember the landline number. Can happily rattle off my NI number, but have no idea what my NHS number is. The Old Man, at 86, can still rattle off his service number assigned to him in 1952.

Similar, I can still picture my Gran back in 1960 picking up the phone and saying "Bindon Abbey 206". We would drive down to see her in my dads Austin A40, pale blue, XAA722 ......

Can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Similar, I can still picture my Gran back in 1960 picking up the phone and saying "Bindon Abbey 206". We would drive down to see her in my dads Austin A40, pale blue, XAA722 ......

I still remember a bored staff sergeant who would occasionally answer the phone with
"Dr Barnardo's, Duty Bastard speaking "

anglo

LE
Jobs for the boys?

BBC's anti-bias boss: Senior executive is paid £325,000 a year to monitor whether the Corporation is impartial

Ken MacQuarrie given title of Executive Sponsor Safeguarding Impartiality Stood down as BBC director for nationals and regions at the end of last year He joined the BBC as a researcher in 1975 and BBC say new role is temporary

Jobs for the boys?

BBC's anti-bias boss: Senior executive is paid £325,000 a year to monitor whether the Corporation is impartial

Ken MacQuarrie given title of Executive Sponsor Safeguarding Impartiality Stood down as BBC director for nationals and regions at the end of last year He joined the BBC as a researcher in 1975 and BBC say new role is temporary
The fact that role exists speaks volumes.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

In 1991 when I moved to North Wales I had a three digit telephone number. I am sure there were still little old ladies connecting plugs into a giant board to make calls happen.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Jobs for the boys?

And the Prime Minister's salary is?

Even if you could justify the role, you can't possibly justify that salary.

Then to claim you can't afford free licences for the over 75s despite having said this was a good thing when you contracted to do it, just beggars belief!

Jobs for the boys?

And all he has to do is log into Arrse.

The fact that role exists speaks volumes.

The role will be redundant now. The Chairman Elect has already decreed that the BBC is impartial.

The £325k p.a.can now be spent on more important things like monitoring the number of crucially important national news items...

Are women let down by period trackers?​

When journalist Orla Barry received a notification from her iPhone informing her that her period was due "any day in the next three weeks", she shared it on social media with wry amusement.
It wasn't the first time she'd received such an unspecific notification from the app, and it prompted others to share their stories.​
"I got one which said my period was 56 days late," wrote one.​
"My notification said 'the next nine days'," said another.​

Pffft...never mind period poverty eh? Somebody’s iPhone got the wrong day - far more newsworthy.

Last edited:
The role will be redundant now. The Chairman Elect has already decreed that the BBC is impartial.

The £325k p.a.can now be spent on more important things like monitoring the number of crucially important national news items...

When journalist Orla Barry received a notification from her iPhone informing her that her period was due "any day in the next three weeks", she shared it on social media with wry amusement.

It wasn't the first time she'd received such an unspecific notification from the app, and it prompted others to share their stories.

"I got one which said my period was 56 days late," wrote one.

"My notification said 'the next nine days'," said another.
Having given that a 'funny' I assume my name is now on a list somewhere.

It wasn't the first time she'd received such an unspecific notification from the app, and it prompted others to share their stories.​

Pffft...never mind period poverty eh? Somebody’s iPhone got the wrong day - far more newsworthy.
Lineker wont have to take a pay cut after all. Praise the lord.

First World problems, hunh?

:rolleyes:

Latest Threads