Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Prior to finally getting out of the clutches of the EU the joke was that our houses would be full of twigs as the UK disintegrated into a third world country.

If you can smell Twiglets in your house:

(a) There are Twiglets present
(b) a GWAR has broken in.

tgo

War Hero

Attachments

• brexit images of doom.jpg
    brexit images of doom.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 78
Just like the vaccine... twigs are in two instalments... getting one to every household quickly followed by the tipper truck full in a few weeks is better than filling a few house quickly and a lot of houses slowly.

Just make sure you are at home and ready for your second jab twig delivery. Our tipper drivers will only make kerbside deliveries and are not permitted to assist with moving them into your home.
Does one need special qualifications to deliver twigs or are they accepting experienced retirees?

Just like the vaccine... twigs are in two instalments... getting one to every household quickly followed by the tipper truck full in a few weeks is better than filling a few house quickly and a lot of houses slowly.

Just make sure you are at home and ready for your second jab twig delivery. Our tipper drivers will only make kerbside deliveries and are not permitted to assist with moving them into your home.

I will not be at home for the large twig delivery. I shall be attending Clown Squeaky Boot Camp.

Well, well, well. Who'd have thunk it. Tucked away in the European section of BBC news is this little gem.

What’s happening to the EU vaccine scheme?

Now, we know the vaccination programme isn't going well, but scroll to the end and read about the EU PPE programme, you know, the one Auntie was adamant that HMG was ignoring for ideological reasons. While I've no doubt it doesn't include all orders under the scheme, this well hidden article (look for it in vain on the news home page, Coronavirus shroud waving or Brexit catastrophe pages) seems to show that it hasn't exactly been a roaring success.

Any chance Auntie will be asking those who were demanding the UK used the scheme whether they're going to resign? Ooh look - a squirrel!

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Well, well, well. Who'd have thunk it. Tucked away in the European section of BBC news is this little gem.

Now, we know the vaccination programme isn't going well, but scroll to the end and read about the EU PPE programme, you know, the one Auntie was adamant that HMG was ignoring for ideological reasons. While I've no doubt it doesn't include all orders under the scheme, this well hidden article (look for it in vain on the news home page, Coronavirus shroud waving or Brexit catastrophe pages) seems to show that it hasn't exactly been a roaring success.

Any chance Auntie will be asking those who were demanding the UK used the scheme whether they're going to resign? Ooh look - a squirrel!
I am sure the EU stuff is far superior to ours of course. Much like the vaccines are, apparently.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

I am just waiting for the headlines on the BBC (and other guilty parties) screaming that the cost of vaccines was 0.1p more per million doses than the EU paid and that we should have waited to join the EU scheme!

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I am just waiting for the headlines on the BBC (and other guilty parties) screaming that the cost of vaccines was 0.1p more per million doses than the EU paid and that we should have waited to join the EU scheme!
This illustrates to me the problem.

Again, we're back to the question of bias. The line about 'holding the government to account' is increasingly tired.

What this illustrates is an extreme reluctance to credit this government with any good.

First of all, the BBC had to use Israel as an example of how 'badly' we're doing because, ultimately, some countries in the EU are doing shockingly badly. And we haven't mentioned the Germans looking to circumvent the 'we're all in this together' buy and procure for itself through the back door.

Unity, eh? Solidarity? Competence?

Meh.

Last edited:

Wooden Wonder

War Hero
It is strange what numbers one can remember or not . I often have trouble remembering the house phone number and we have been here over a decade now . My Grans phone number for some reason has never left me and she has been dead twenty years .
Often when asked for my number I start to quote hers before having a think and then mine eventually comes to me .
This made me smile. I can remember my paternal grandparents’ number from the early 1960s. When it would ring I was told to answer it with “Hatfield 2412, hello?”. It later became 62412 when I was about 10. I have been here in Ross for nearly 6 years and still struggle to remember the landline number. Can happily rattle off my NI number, but have no idea what my NHS number is. The Old Man, at 86, can still rattle off his service number assigned to him in 1952.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Service number - aye
NI number - aye
NHS number - I can rattle off the original but as noted up-thread these were changed a few years ago

Reg number of my father's car in BAOR, plus the two when we got back to the UK. None after

My first two cars, the last two and one other from the many.

Not bad, but could be better.

And yes, I do walk into a room wondering what the hell I came in for.*

*TBH, the other people in the room usually feel the same way - albeit for different reasons.

Daz

LE
Service number - aye
NI number - aye
NHS number - I can rattle off the original but as noted up-thread these were changed a few years ago

Reg number of my father's car in BAOR, plus the two when we got back to the UK. None after

My first two cars, the last two and one other from the many.

Not bad, but could be better.

And yes, I do walk into a room wondering what the hell I came in for.*

*TBH, the other people in the room usually feel the same way - albeit for different reasons.
One of them being that you've forgot to get dressed again :)

Latest Threads