Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Chef

LE
Minorities - Black and Ethnic.
Omnipresent Black and Ethnic.
Collective Black and Ethnic.
I notice that however it's done the black element is always to the fore.

Just catching up with Newswatch, in which Nick Robinson spouts his view on bad things about interviews. He took as an example how the mayor of Liverpool laid into Boris Johnson. Newswatch ? - more like Denialwatch.

Unfortunately, the news programmes themselves were carrying news of the arrest of the mayor of Liverpool.

Same prog - final snippet

LK on DP had spoken on deficit, saying that it was more than the credit crunch and it was like the country hed 'maxed out is credit cards'.

Economists wrote letter saying that was not so, and policy of cheap borrowing to spend on Covid recovery was correct.

BBC statement said very serious topic, given a lot of time and given proper attention etc etc. If that were the case, why was LK wrong - surely she didn't use the phrase off the cuff (like n amateur) ?

B'stards

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Same prog - final snippet

LK on DP had spoken on deficit, saying that it was more than the credit crunch and it was like the country hed 'maxed out is credit cards'.

Economists wrote letter saying that was not so, and policy of cheap borrowing to spend on Covid recovery was correct.

BBC statement said very serious topic, given a lot of time and given proper attention etc etc. If that were the case, why was LK wrong - surely she didn't use the phrase off the cuff (like n amateur) ?

B'stards
The same BBC that has been all over ministers about supporting those on furlough?

Where, then, was the money supposed to come from?

Answers on a political correspondent to the usual address, please.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I thought BME is out and BAEM is in (presumably to stop the 'where's BAME there's a claim' jokes). Of course they wouldn't dare use BEM as an acronym...
Here is the definitive description - not safe for the weak

Muslims last week, blacks this week, who's the nominated victim next week?

Starting to get a bit fed up now... it's bloody relentless.
‘Vicar of Dibley’ in its original, when female clergy were beginning to remove ‘man of the cloth’ from the English language, and spawned the most excellent arrangement of Psalm 23 after Crimond - the theme music was written for the series - was actually quite funny.
Of course, with only two of the original cast still alive, those standards could not be met.
Going ‘woke’ won’t do much for the viewing figures.
Any bets on the Christmas Special ‘Call the Midwife’ going roughly the same way?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
‘Vicar of Dibley’ in its original, when female clergy were beginning to remove ‘man of the cloth’ from the English language, and spawned the most excellent arrangement of Psalm 23 after Crimond - the theme music was written for the series - was actually quite funny.
Of course, with only two of the original cast still alive, those standards could not be met.
Going ‘woke’ won’t do much for the viewing figures.
Any bets on the Christmas Special ‘Call the Midwife’ going roughly the same way?
No idea. I won’t be watching.

Which is probably a micro-aggression or something.

NSP

LE
Dreary predictable unfunny regurgitated shite

The Repair Shop at Christmas is the only thing worth watching.

I shall create a list of Amazon & Netflix films to consume over the festive period
There's probably a thread in that - "Let's have your Xmas/Boxing Day Netflix/Prime list."

It'll sit well alongside the "What film/TV show have you just watched?" threads.

Last edited:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Muslims last week, blacks this week, who's the nominated victim next week?

Illegal immigrants?

Mind you I know they are on every week.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I thought that this was a spoof when it cropped up in my newsfeed.
The only thing that suprises me is that there are people that still think the BBC have any degree of impartiality left

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I thought that this was a spoof when it cropped up in my newsfeed.
To be fair, she has had quite a lot of black inside her so has an inside view on this.

Latest Threads