Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
This is an early example of mixed race couples living in perfect harmony which was broadcast by the BBC in 1978. It complies with the corporation's current guidelines on BAME (Daleks surely do qualify as a minority ethnic) actors portrayed in a positive relationship with a white woman and being a loving father to a mixed race child...

It's almost like the Sainsbury's Gravy Boat commercial on ITV.

Eastenders...but why , just why. So looks like subscription TV, long walks and some fishing then.

BBC Radio 4 has a new 'comedy' called BAMESHOW, the only criteria for appearing on this is that you must be from a black, asian or minority ethnic background.

Rod Liddle in his Sun column sums it up quite well...

1606988625957.png

BBC Radio 4 has a new 'comedy' called BAMESHOW, the only criteria for appearing on this is that you must be from a black, asian or minority ethnic background.

View attachment 525721
Jesus Christ......….

ETA: Surely to god by saying it's only open to BAME they're guilty of racial discrimination.

I've definitely sacked off Times Radio now as well. The influence of all those ex-BBC presenters has begun to bite. The last 4 occasions I've turned it on it's been Shamima Begum, Waycism, some MGBGTZS180+ nonsense and the "Climate Emergency".

TalkSport it is until I figure out where I put my internet radio.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

View attachment 525721
Are you sure that's a real thing?

As a simple example, it was announced on R4 Today program on Tuesday that the government were sanctioning the use of personally bought Covid tests to allow passengers arriving to quarantine for 5 days instead of 14. The presenter reported the tests be provided by private organisations and paid for by the passengers themselves at a cost of £100. He summed it up by saying that this government's policy meant that a family of four returning from their winter sun holiday would therefore have to stump up £400 which put it out of the reach for all but the wealthiest families.

A pointless comment, dripping with the politics of envy. No mention of the fact that it would go a little way to saving jobs in the travel industry, nor that most passengers who would be taking it up would be business travelers, again trying in some small way to restore some normality to the business and hotel industries.

Listening to other news channels later that day I heard it reported, without exception, that the costs would be between £60 - £100 per test.
One of my nephews currently lives in Spain. He has been able to get some time off over Christmas and this policy now means he can come back for a few days. He is more than happy to pay the fee.

View attachment 525721

From the BBC

Desiree Burch hosts a new format that parodies traditional game shows that have, until now, often overlooked comics of colour. Poking fun at tokenism, unconscious bias and just plain old racism, Desiree and the cast go bravely (and mischievously) where others fear to tread. Joining Desiree are team captains Kemah Bob and Athena Kugblenu with panelists Glamrou and Ken Cheng
Producer: Leila Navabi
A BBC Studios Production

It's a pilot show which will probably now be commissioned due to the amount of listens it's had from outraged whitey.

I've had a listen. It's everything you would expect.

From the BBC

Desiree Burch hosts a new format that parodies traditional game shows that have, until now, often overlooked comics of colour. Poking fun at tokenism, unconscious bias and just plain old racism, Desiree and the cast go bravely (and mischievously) where others fear to tread. Joining Desiree are team captains Kemah Bob and Athena Kugblenu with panelists Glamrou and Ken Cheng
A BBC Studios Production

It's a pilot show which will probably now be commissioned due to the amount of listens it's had from outraged whitey.

A candidate for a complaint of blatant racism.

From the BBC

A BBC Studios Production

I expect the next episode will feature that great man of wit, Nish Kumar.

Does nobody at the BBC ever look back at the gash that they and ITV have pushed out before which had all ethnic casts (SWIDT) and how well they fared or how hilariously funny they were?
Fvck me, they even have channels 100% devoted to BAME so we honkies don't have to see them!

Latest Threads