Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Not necessarily political bias, more likely rather poor journalism. At any event Guido points this out below:

The BBC was very keen to emphasise the supposed “non-partisan” nature of of Trita Parsi – who presented himself as an independent analyst in an interview about the assassination of Mohsen Fakhrizadeh. In fact Parsi is a well known advocate for the Iranian regime. Parsi left his former organisation after being found by the US courts to be advocating for the Iranian regime, when he attempted to sue a blogger for saying his organisation was lobbying for Iran in America. The court found in 2012 that the work of Tritra Parsi was “not inconsistent with the idea that he was first and foremost an advocate for the [Iranian] regime.” He masquerades as a non-partisan analyst when in reality he is anti-Israel and pro-Iran…

A quick google by BBC researchers would have found this front page Washington Times article which says that analysis of “e-mails between Mr. Parsi and Iran’s ambassador to the United Nations at the time, Javad Zarif – and an internal review of the Lobbying Disclosure Act – offer evidence that the group has operated as an undeclared lobby and may be guilty of violating tax laws, the Foreign Agents Registration Act and lobbying disclosure laws.” While BBC are always keen to call out the ideological leanings of those on the right, they appear happy to introduce an apparent long-standing Iranian regime advocate as an independent analyst…

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

There is much that can be said that many on the left think that Sky is a grrrl Murdoch rather than grrrl Comcast.
Sorry, you've lost me. Either translate or provide a list of the substances consumed, please.

Sorry, you've lost me. Either translate or provide a list of the substances consumed, please.
Sky News UK is owned by Comcast an American Corporation rather than Sky News Austraila which is still Murdoch owned, thus why there is a pronounced difference between the two channels that share the name sky.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
And here's the BBC1 Christmas schedule, hope you all enjoy it, I'm glad I'm working!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
And here's the BBC1 Christmas schedule, hope you all enjoy it, I'm glad I'm working!

I am so glad I don't watch BBC.

And you pay how much to endure that?
I could match it with Netflix and Amazon and have the bonus of not having Eastenders or anything with unfunny fat cnuts Cordon and Hart-Davis.

Murdoch follows the money. If he thought public opinion was different, we'd get the same reporting as the Ozzies.

The Times is shifting its political stance because that's where he sees the youth going.
Youth may be going that way because, particularly with online news, there is a pro-Left slant. On those web browsers which suggest news stories I might be interested in, the majority of suggestions are that I view articles in the Guardian or Independent, for example. And what young people think can be influenced by schools, etc which are broadly pushing liberal/left values.
There is a conservative (small c) majority in the country but, even in office, the Tories seem determined to ignore the Left-bias of our institutions, which may erode that majority.

Bloody hell guys (and by that I mean female guys as well). Think outside the box ( no pun intended) a bit here.

Just by searching for 'Saucy Nancy' (on at 1755 hrs) I have found a treasure trove of new material to research during the cold, winter's night coming up (still, no pun intended).

Ultimately- considering all the concerns stated in this thread, and considering it's the nearest arrse has got to the organisation- I think it's fair to say-the finger of justice can be pointed firmly in the direction of @bigeye;)

He doesn't actually work for them as we well know but- he still blags the meedya game with a Pseudo James May barnet and tries to get away with wearing 'skinny' jeans. In itself-a crime but..Not just any crime...an M&S crime.

It's shite but Christmas TV always is. To be fair to all broadcasters they haven't been able to make much decent telly over the past 10 months.

Ultimately- considering all the concerns stated in this thread, and considering it's the nearest arrse has got to the organisation- I think it's fair to say-the finger of justice can be pointed firmly in the direction of @bigeye;)

He doesn't actually work for them as we well know but- he still blags the meedya game with a Pseudo James May barnet and tries to get away with wearing 'skinny' jeans. In itself-a crime but..Not just any crime...an M&S crime.

Now What!? Someone's been 'splicing the mainbrace' a bit early today.

I must have have missed the scheduler's production meeting when they decided on the pile of cobblers they're putting out at Christmas: I'd have certainly vetoed anything involving that smug twat James Corden

And I've been demoted from 'youthful Paul Young' to James May.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
It's shite but Christmas TV always is. To be fair to all broadcasters they haven't been able to make much decent telly over the past 10 months.
There is enough good stuff in the archive without reshowing Paddington 2 like last year, or three Kung Fu Panda films!

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
And I've been demoted from 'youthful Paul Young' to James May.
To be honest you were never graded as "youthful Paul Young".

Latest Threads